GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newfdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2013
Portland, Maine USA
What setup are you using? And what ohms?
Looking for a good setup as I'm having trouble getting good throat hit. Plenty of vapour etc and flavour. Just lacking throat hit. So thought I'd ask the rest what setup?
But don't forget I'm using it with the picolo :) so has to be around 1ohm and above.

Thank you all :)

I go with 1.0 ohm coil in my spheroid on the piccolo, just remember the higher the coil is from the air hole the more TH you'll get. The bottom of my coil is just above the top of the post screws, and I'm getting great th with 100% vg liquid.

Last edited:

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I go with 1.0 ohm coil in my spheroid on the piccolo, just remember the higher the coil is from the air hole the more TH you'll get. The bottom of my coil is just above the top of the post screws, and I'm getting great th with 100% vg liquid.

Is that cotton?
Also what size wire and I'd you using there?

Just can't seem to get any throat hit!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
Hey guys.. I am new to the spheroid family.. I bought one from someone second hand and just wanted to ask some tips on the best way to set it up.. my first question is, whats the best filler material to get? I have some some links and some videos but figured to ask here.. since this seems to be the main forum for this device.. and if I use silica.. what kind of silica or size should i use? I seen some make the silica loop and put it in that way, others put in different strands.. just seems like a lot of variation.. is there a particular fluff to get?

regards

landman2k1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
McKinney, Texas
Hey guys.. I am new to the spheroid family.. I bought one from someone second hand and just wanted to ask some tips on the best way to set it up.. my first question is, whats the best filler material to get? I have some some links and some videos but figured to ask here.. since this seems to be the main forum for this device.. and if I use silica.. what kind of silica or size should i use? I seen some make the silica loop and put it in that way, others put in different strands.. just seems like a lot of variation.. is there a particular fluff to get?

regards

I believe most, if not all, of us use the GP Fluff. I tried Sera in the beginning but getting a uniform piece was always a challenge. I use cotton over silica in the form of Japanese cotton pads or SnC yarn.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts

regards

It's a great device, you'll love it.
I've only used the VapourArt fluff so far. I run with silica loops, 2mm, just because it works well for me. Many others use cotton. Check out the tips thread. There are lots of different builds there for the Heron and Spheroid.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I am from the USA.. anywhere to get this GP fluff besides that website? I would imagine it would take awhile to get to me and the shipping charges. any alternatives that are just as good?

I did post this link for you in the thread you opened asking about the Spheroid...

https://domovaporco.com/product/gp-fluff-version-2/

Domo Vapor Company is VapourArt's American reseller. Unfortunately they are going out of business, so get some while you can.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
yeah i just saw that now that is why i edited the question.. thanks .. They sell 2mm silica.. is that ok.. or do i need 3mm

Hi buddy :)

Many people use micro-coils with KGD cotton in their Spheroids. If you are familiar with silica, I recommend a 2 mm thickness, you don't need more, although 3 mm can work as well. In both cases keep the tails of the wick short and if you make a wick loop, keep it smaller than the OD of the Spheroid. The coil distance from the fluff is just a few mm, the wicking happens from the gravity and the negative pressure inside the chamber during vaping, so the secret is to use small quantities of everything, wire, fluff, wick for the best capillary function. Less is more.

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
Thank you for the tips.. I will keep that in mind. I guess when you say less wire you are saying smaller coils work better? I thought the loop method would work better because its more surface area on the fluff.. but maybe that is wrong.. with cotton do you have both ends going up to the fluff or just one? and with silica is it better to use one piece or a folded double piece of silica.. I am just a little confused. I am not sure if the more wicking material touches the fluff the better or the least.. I could go from using one piece of silica with only one side going up to touch the fluff, or i could have a doubled over silica with four ends going up to the fluff.. These devices unlike the kayfun etc have a lot of variables.. that is what drives me nuts.

landman2k1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
McKinney, Texas
Thank you for the tips.. I will keep that in mind. I guess when you say less wire you are saying smaller coils work better? I thought the loop method would work better because its more surface area on the fluff.. but maybe that is wrong.. with cotton do you have both ends going up to the fluff or just one? and with silica is it better to use one piece or a folded double piece of silica.. I am just a little confused. I am not sure if the more wicking material touches the fluff the better or the least.. I could go from using one piece of silica with only one side going up to touch the fluff, or i could have a doubled over silica with four ends going up to the fluff.. These devices unlike the kayfun etc have a lot of variables.. that is what drives me nuts.

I find true the proverbial "a picture is worth a thousand words." Check out the tips and tricks thread. This is generally how I build my spheroids, substituting KGD for the cotton balls. If you would like to give silica a try, have a look here. As for fluff options, have a look here, but like I said earlier, GP Fluff is the way to go.

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I find true the proverbial "a picture is worth a thousand words." Check out the tips and tricks thread. This is generally how I build my spheroids, substituting KGD for the cotton balls. If you would like to give silica a try, have a look here. As for fluff options, have a look here, but like I said earlier, GP Fluff is the way to go.
Yup i follow this tutorial and works great.
However i got the picolo and i cant seem to get a good setup with the limitations of the small battery.
Just can't get any throat hit or good flavour.
Using 2mm I'd with 0.32mm Microcoil 5/6wrap kanthal using cotton.
Have tried lowering/higher the wick but nothing.

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
Thanks for the links.. the guy i bought it from gave me some kind of silica rope.. but when i try to wrap a coil around it, my coil is too big and hits the metal lugs that you screw the wire down.. there really isn't much room.. I don't even want to try it because how could it vape good if its touching the metal lugs?

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
Holy CRAP.. i just put in some ... cotton and i used this flimsy piece of filler material.. I didn't think this set up would even work.. was my first try.. and it seemed like i didn't have enough filler in it.. I tell you..the flavor in this thing blew me away... is this better than the kayfun? I don't want to jinx it but right now it seems to be blowing away the flavor of my sophia and mini nautilus.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Holy CRAP.. i just put in some ... cotton and i used this flimsy piece of filler material.. I didn't think this set up would even work.. was my first try.. and it seemed like i didn't have enough filler in it.. I tell you..the flavor in this thing blew me away... is this better than the kayfun? I don't want to jinx it but right now it seems to be blowing away the flavor of my sophia and mini nautilus.

I'm glad that you decided to try cotton in the Spheroid. I was a long-time silica and then Ekowool user that was initially afraid that cotton wicks would burn. After I tried it I never went back (I initially used cotton balls and now adore Japanese cotton pads fort the ease of setup and taste).

Surprisingly, you really don't need to use much fluff in the Spheroid. I typically used a piece that was 45mm x 20mm but I just set some up using 45mm x 22mm pieces to get them more even with the bottom of the bells and they're working just great for me.

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
Yeah i am quite surprised at the flavor I am getting.. I figured with all the filler material and wick this thing uses the taste wouldn't be pure.. but its a very clean and smooth vape.. Ive tried all kinds of atties and never was happy with most of them.. I wonder if people who use the kayfun would think the spheroid has better flavor or not.. I don't want to jinx it, but so far the spheroid is my favorite attie that I have tried.. I am not a cloud chaser or anything so its ok for me.. Id even prefer it with a tighter draw than what it has.. lol.. i use 18 mg nic juice

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Yeah i am quite surprised at the flavor I am getting.. I figured with all the filler material and wick this thing uses the taste wouldn't be pure.. but its a very clean and smooth vape.. Ive tried all kinds of atties and never was happy with most of them.. I wonder if people who use the kayfun would think the spheroid has better flavor or not.. I don't want to jinx it, but so far the spheroid is my favorite attie that I have tried.. I am not a cloud chaser or anything so its ok for me.. Id even prefer it with a tighter draw than what it has.. lol.. i use 18 mg nic juice

I'm glad for you, was getting worried about your earlier posts. :D
I sold my kayfun soon after getting my Spheroid, FWTW.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
However i got the picolo and i cant seem to get a good setup with the limitations of the small battery.

All I can say is that for me, my Spheroid vapes as well with my Pic as it does with my other GP mods. Hopefully Perseus will chime in.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com

In that case, check the density of your fluff, too much and it will diminish the flavour and make sure that the interior of the base is clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread