Incompetent people telling me the dangers of vaping. What's your response?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rallykid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2014
Michigan
My response is usually, " Recent studies have shown that butting into other people's business has proven to be hundreds of times more fatal than smoking or vaping and happens a lot faster, almost instantaneously as a matter of fact."

Then again I am not a big people person

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2015
North Carolina
I'm going to pretend i didn't hear that , never and i mean never let the "B" word slip out around a family pet , especially if it's an oinker , while usually non violent and not a threat one slip of the "B" word can cause all he_ _ to break loose where serious injury and even death can result.

Don't believe it ? Below is a pic of a near fatality when my friends pet pig " Vito" heard him say" i'm in the mood for bacon" one morning , not realizing Vito was in the bathroom with the morning newspaper right next to him and overheard it.

View attachment 508145

Oh my goodness I had no idea they understood us less intelligent humans!
It's only a matter of time before pigs start flying.
Everyone get to your nearest bridge and gather.
Prepare for war.
They are chewing on our cell phone towers as we speak.
Loss of signal in 24 hours.
Bring an umbrella or risk being deficated on.
You have been warned.

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2015
North Carolina
My response is usually, " Recent studies have shown that butting into other people's business has proven to be hundreds of times more fatal than smoking or vaping and happens a lot faster, almost instantaneously as a matter of fact."

Then again I am not a big people person

Me either. Your not alone.

Reactions: Foggy Road

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    Is this evidence which proves e-cigarettes are as safe as BREATHING AIR?
    Electronic cigarettes pump out vapour which has NO toxic effect on the cells found in human lungs, scientists have claimed.

Fresh research funded by British American Tobacco has suggested inhaling nicotine vapour could be as safe as breathing air.

To perform its experiments, the tobacco giant teamed up with the MatTek Corporation, which makes models of human cells used in 'in vitro' laboratory experiments.

Scientists then used a "smoking robot" to expose these lung cell replicas to tobacco smoke, the vapour from two different brands of e-cig and just plain old air.

When exposed to old-fashioned smoke for six hours, the cells died.
    But after subjecting the cells to an "aggressive and continuous" dose of vapour, researchers claimed the damage to the airway tissue was "similar to that of air".
    ________----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may have heard about those "mist bars" where they turn alcohol in to a fine vapor and you go in and dance...and get drunk. Nobody says anything though.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    We received our first snow here in Chicago. Initially I was a bit worried b/c I vape like a contestant, but I bundled up and went at it. Now, I did smoke for a number of years, and I have a heart condition...that is why I vape. There was a little bit of tightness up around my shoulders, and I felt great. Usually, when I smoke, I'm whipped. I live on the 2nd floor of an apartment building and there was just around 4 inches of snow, but it didn't bother me at all to take to the stairs after shoveling.

Reactions: Adam harris

rico942

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    Carlsbad, CA
    Up until last year when I retired, I did get a few smokers and ex-smokers who would follow me to an isolated outdoor area where I was quietly vaping, and attempt to raise alarm with faithful recitals of the current media scaremongering tales for that week ... :rolleyes:

My standard reply was ...

WHY ...... ARE YOU HERE ?

khan-chekov_250.png

I agree , when i attempted to teach my pig to sing not only did i notice he was an awful singer but he also did seem to cop somewhat of an attitude so thats excellent advice ,

Thank you
    HA!!! Oh, just too funny! That conjures up the funniest visions of little piggies all dressed up for choir practice! Let's all oink along with the choir!

This little piggy smoked a Marlboro!
    This little piggy smoked Kools!
    This little piggy smoked Camels
    This little piggy just drooled.
    But one little piggy went vape, vape, vape...
    All the way home!

That poem is genius and hilarious! I laughed out loud and I enjoy your sense of humor.
    Hi, Adam! Thanks for starting such a great subject to which we all have encountered to no avail! Hopefully more smokers will find vaping and learn the truth on their own. It's like a miracle to be off of cigs. I still can't believe how hard it was to quit using other methods. I will probably be a vaper for the rest of my life. I really enjoy vaping and it's saving lives. It's really too bad the FDA can't rejoice with us. Bless you and have a Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so grateful for vaping!

Oh my goodness I had no idea they understood us less intelligent humans!
    It's only a matter of time before pigs start flying.
    Everyone get to your nearest bridge and gather.
    Prepare for war.
    They are chewing on our cell phone towers as we speak.
    Loss of signal in 24 hours.
    Bring an umbrella or risk being deficated on.
    You have been warned.
    ROTFL!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Reactions: Adam harris

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2015
    North Carolina
    Hi, Adam! Thanks for starting such a great subject to which we all have encountered to no avail! Hopefully more smokers will find vaping and learn the truth on their own. It's like a miracle to be off of cigs. I still can't believe how hard it was to quit using other methods. I will probably be a vaper for the rest of my life. I really enjoy vaping and it's saving lives. It's really too bad the FDA can't rejoice with us. Bless you and have a Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so grateful for vaping!
    Hey Sandy :)

You have a great Thanksgiving to!

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    You may have heard about those "mist bars" where they turn alcohol in to a fine vapor and you go in and dance...and get drunk. Nobody says anything though.
    Ill bet they dont allow smoking in there too... ;)
    light up a ciggie and POOOOOFFF!!

vape0351

Verified Member
    Nov 24, 2015
    Brooklyn
    Reactions: AndriaD
    Eh, I just say "I've been on cancer sticks and vaping probably has a higher chance of me not getting a lung cancer." Half of them laugh and say I got a point (so half of them off by back) and other half would just pursue by saying "but you don't know that" or "it might get you something else." Then I just shrug them off or say "We'll see." ...what will we see? I really wonder. I hope there are much objective scientific researches going on around vaping, other than those slandering approaches with 'certain point of view in mind' that wants a certain result even before starting the experiment. As a science major, those media releases about premature study results about 'e cigarettes' pisses me off.

Reactions: AndriaD
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread