Madvapes Weekly Contest - February 1 through February 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydde26

Jan 20, 2016
Hopkinsville
I made the mistake of being relatively new to vaping and beginning with battery type mods. I had a smok xpro m65 and had no knowledge about the equipment at all. I didn't read the manuals didn't know anything about safety and just took it home and proceeded to tinker. And by tinker I mean place the battery inside. This particular mod although regulated does not have reverse polarity protect...something of which I knew nothing about. As I put the battery in and started replacing the cover(held in by 4 screws) it started to smoke... It wasn't until the second screw was secure that I realized it becoming extremely hot. And instantly started to back out screws to get the battery back out. Fried my board and the mod....burnt my hand....luckily nothing more. But in a world full of safety measures in regulated mods that people tend to try and stand firm behind it still doesn't trump battery safety. Especially learning which ways your batteries go because I probably narrowly avoided an explosion not due to negligence but inexperience and too much trust in a device.

Kodak

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2015
Missouri...or the state of Misery.
The worst I have probably done was letting the guys in the vape shop talk me into a setup that I could have gotten online for about 1/4 of the cost when I first started vaping....that and having a blonde moment while mixing DIY and adding too much nic to a blend....my 12 mg wound up being 24, and that first hit had my head spinning badly! I definitely spill my share of tanks too while refilling (that's why I'm so happy about all the new top fill tanks coming out!) Other than that I'm pretty cautious!

Reactions: dhood

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
What's the worst thing you've ever done when it comes to vaping?

Had just filled a tank. But when I put it back on the mod it wouldn't register the coil. Took the tank off and opened it to check the coil. Tank was not upside down when I opened it - full tank of juice makes a mess.

Thanks for the contest!

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
My Stepdot's and I both vape and do a little DIY. She accidentally mixed up a batch of 24 mg concentrate. She set it aside to be ready for the next mix session (where it would be cut down to 3 mg). I grabbed to bottle and dripped a dropper full before heading out to run an errand. Took a toot about a mile from home and BLAMMO... turned around, went home, tossed the build, built a new set, wicked, and grabbed the same ÷%/€&£&#÷$●■♤}♤♡ bottle...

Thanks Madvapes and @Crowedude654!

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
One embarrassing thing I did while transferring e-liquid into another bottle. I always put my Store Bought 18mg Nic juice in a needle bottle, well one day while filling the needle bottle I squeezed the stock bottle too hard and the tip/nipple came off and e-liquid went all over me, I think a ml went straight up my nose!! I didn't even need to vape that night, I was buzzing off Nic through my skin! lol :lol:

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
The worst thing I have ever done....that would have to be....When I first started vaping I was using an ego t 650mah battery, but the inner threads stripped out (those leaky ce4's...) so I quit using it. A few months later I first found Madvapes, and bought a tank that was outer threaded, and so I figured I would put it on my ego t since it was not inner threaded.... So i did. Well, after several puffs the battery felt really warm, and proceeded to get warmer until it was hot to touch. So, I ran outside twisted my tank off, and right before i chucked it across the yard it made a pop noise. After I chucked it I went to check what happened, and so that I could have my Husband disgard of it properly. It had vented, and the top popped up almost off. It did not explode, but the top was popped up almost off. That was the worst thing I have done vaping. It was totally my fault, and my mistake. Now of course I did not know as much as I know now, but I knew how much I used that battery. Even though it was barely 4months old I had used it alot to the point the threads stripped on it, and with those leaky ce4s. Man am I ever grateful for mods that produce more power than that ego t 650mah battery, but mostly the vent holes on our mods! Lol That battery had no vent holes, so the only way it had to release the pressure from venting was to pop the top.

Thank you! Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

vancejonze

Feb 3, 2016
I was vacationing and just purchased a brand new high dollar rig, which i had in my pocket at the time. So, we go out having a good time and i have been careful with the rig all day, with no issues. At the end o fday we made a last turn around while my nephews were tubing and a huge wave goes under the boat and sends me flying. As I fly through the air i can watch my rig go flying in slow motion out of my hand like in spider man 3 with the ring, and into the middle of the lake. I felt like ccrying for days afterwards. Lets just say lesson learned that day.

MackBolan

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Ashburn, VA
The worst thing for me so far was getting some Atomic Lemon flavored juice and putting it in my evod tank. the first tank went through good but the second it started tasting pretty bad and of course looking a bit odd in the window. It pretty much fell apart when I tried to clean it out due to it eating away at the plastic tank. Ick.

Thanks for the great giveaway's MadVapes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread