• All of the Above!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROB26

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2009
Fort Worth TX
WOW! I feel the need to interject here and let everyone know that I was one of the first people in the US to get my Dura-C, due to the fact that I live in close proximity to Janty USA's new office. ANYHOW, I haven't had any problems whatsoever with it. I find it interesting that people are suggesting that the Dura-C Atomizer is faulty considering it's the exact same atomizer as the dura as far as I know...the only difference between the Dura and Dura-C is the battery with manual switch....I've been reading a lot about the Dura-C and it seems that people have been giving it fairly poor reviews...I couldn't disagree more...YES, it's a new product, I get that; however, I have destroyed many Dura atomizers and batteries in the past..probably due to my inexperience with E-Cigs. Those days are over...I haven't had to replace a single atomizer since switching to the Dura-C and the batteries work flawlessly. I have noticed a slightly shorter battery life on the Dura-C but I account that to the fact that I can't put the thing down! lol...I've had nothing but great vapor and am not even looking for an alternative to this E-Cig (coming from a guy with 8 different models and makes of E-cig).

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
I find it interesting that people are suggesting that the Dura-C Atomizer is faulty considering it's the exact same atomizer as the dura as far as I know

Yup . . . and I had the exact same problem with my original Dura atomizers that I'm having with one of my Dura-C atomizers. At first, I wasn't quite sure with the original Dura whether the problem was really with the atomizers because the batteries kept cutting off, making it hard to get good vapor even with a good atomizer. But now that I have good batteries, it's clear the problem wasn't just the batteries with my old Dura--it was also the atomizers.

In any event, I'm not slamming the Dura-C . . . but I do think there have been some quality control issues over the last several months. I had two Kissbox atomizers go *poof* within a single week. I don't think it's user error . . . I was operating my Kissbox with a VaporGuys' atomizer for nearly a month waiting on my Janty replacement with no ill effects.

But I think it's great that your experience has been trouble-free. As for the parts' failure, for me, that simply goes with the territory. It's not like other models don't have some bad parts from time to time.

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
Julie with what e-cigarette have you had the best experience with?..and factor in cost...reliability....longevity and vapor ect..

It's easier to be patient and at ease when the price of the product is right and you are assured of quality...its the not knowing that breeds nerves tension. . . you hear good things *feel better* then bad things *brings unsure worry an frustration*

Its good to hear that Rob has known such a pleasant experience with the Dura C among the very few that have posted on this thread so far. .I am pleased to hear some good feedback on the Dura C ......because i am starting to sweat it here!. . . .

Last edited:

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Julie with what e-cigarette have you had the best experience with?..and factor in cost...reliability....longevity and vapor ect..

Rick, that's a tough one because every model I've had has had some pluses and minuses.

The Dura-C provides the hardest hit, most like an analog in my mind. But, as you know, I've not had the best of luck with the atomizers. Even so, the warranty is an excellent one, and Jeff will replace bad equipment graciously and without making you feel like you've done something bad. :) The vapor production is great.

The Kissbox is a work horse, and I love the thing. It provides lots of vapor, and it's a joy to vape with the USB passthrough and the manual battery. I think the two bad atomizers I had were a fluke. I've been using my new one for a week now, and it's going like gang-busters. Plus, the penstyle atomizer I got from VaporGuys worked well with the Kissbox, so it's not like I'm lacking for atomizers if I have problems. The Kissbox, however, is a smoother, cooler vape than the Dura-C, and sometimes I crave something harsher.

The Pilot (PureSmoker, close kin to the EVO) is a nifty little e-cig, providing an incredibly powerful punch for such a small device. It, like the Dura, provides a very analog-like experience. No hardware issues at all--it's performed flawlessly. However, I'm a heavy e-smoker, and I find it tedious and annoying to constantly deal with topping off/refilling the cartridge, and I don't enjoy direct dripping as much with it. Personally, I think it'd be pretty darned perfect for someone who is not a heavy e-smoker, maybe a 10-20 analog a day habit kind of person.

Likewise, I've had no real issues with my DSE901 or my penstyle from PureSmoker. I had a battery go wonky, and an atomizer that died, but those were promptly replaced with no muss and fuss. But for me, the vaping experience from these models just isn't "analog-like" enough to keep me satisfied as my sole vaping device. Not tons of vapor from the DSE901, but respectable . . . more vapor from the penstyle, but it's more cumbersome (which doesn't bother me at all).

So, as you can see, there really isn't a good answer to your question. I guess if I had to pick ONE model and stick with it for the rest of my life, it'd probably be the Kissbox, even though I had two atomizers go bad on me fairly quickly and even though Jeff isn't as quick with customer service of late.

My second choice (and it would be a close second) would be my DSE901 from PureSmoker just because that thing is so consistent and replacement parts are relatively cheap and easily found. It's also easy to direct drip with. :)

But if the bugs get worked out of the Dura-C (assuming there are bugs and I'm just not suffering some bad luck with atomizers), that would be my top pick hands down. Direct dripping on the atomizer with the Dura-C is as close to an analog experience as I've found. I still crave the occasional harshness and punch of an analog, and the Dura delivers the best on that (with the Pilot being a close second).

To further muddy the waters, I have a Screwdriver on order.

I am an e-cig device junky. :D

Don't sweat your Dura-C order, Rick (or anyone else out there who has decided to take the plunge). I've really not heard others complain about bad atomizers, so I may just be a bit unlucky in that regard. When the Dura-C is working at tip-top performance, it's sooooooooo sweet.

I think one of the reasons why I'm so patient with the Dura issues is because (1) it's all under warranty, so parts get replaced, (2) it really is a GREAT vape, and (3) I have backup devices so that I'm not stuck while I'm waiting on replacements.

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
Don't sweat your Dura-C order, Rick (or anyone else out there who has decided to take the plunge). I've really not heard others complain about bad atomizers, so I may just be a bit unlucky in that regard. When the Dura-C is working at tip-top performance, it's sooooooooo sweet.

A non-horror story: I ordered a Dura-C on the strength of how well my Dura (same atomiser) performs.

I posted this in the other Janty Customer Service thread. I've had the Kissbox and the Dura. Both were a huge disappointment. That said (below from the other thread):

My opinion: JantyUSA doesn't get the support or attention it needs from the parent company in Europe.

I think Jeff is short staffed, has no control over what the webpage shows as far as stock and he is at their mercy.

I've dealt with Jeff and he has always come through. I think he's getting hung out to dry by the parent company.

That's my take on it.

(To Jeff: Ditch the deadbeats at Janty before they drag you down with 'em.)
---------------

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
That’s just the thing Julie. i have had unprecedented bad! Luck with all e-cigarette products thus far :| I am not kidding you Julie.. I am extremely! lucky if i can get an e-cig to last me through the 1 week hump, sometimes they are only lasting me literally days!... things are that bad …And i have no clue where this terrible fortune i am having even comes from.. 1) either the atomizer seizes up ..2) the batteries are DOA or! There’s just unsatisfactory vapor production for me to get any real satisfaction what so ever ….am i doing something wrong?? or is the rather long shipping distance from the USA to Australia OR China to Australia having a detrimental effect on the product itself …are they getting damaged in one way or another while in transit? Or! am i just not using my e-cigarette properly?? OR! Was i just plain and simply cursed from the start by some unknown gypsy that i crossed paths with and pee’d this gypsy off without knowing it and this is the unforeseen result of that encounter ..I just really don’t know or understand why i am suffering such incredible bad luck with these electronic devices.

As Gab has just explained to us now, poor! Jeff is having a real hard time with it of late, now i do not know what the personal aspect of his troubles are, I can only go by what people like Gab thinks and tells us, But it sounds like Jeff needs to get rid of some dead weight. The guy is friendly and without question will refund your money or replace parts with no problem or questions asked, what so ever! ..Absolutely a classy guy is Jeff ;) and he like many e-cigarette sellers are dealing with the explode in sales of the e-cigarettes and mass orders

....I highly suspect that there is a frantic frenzied rush on buying these e-cig devices because of FDA banning of the e-cig and nicotine e-liquid's ...It’s becoming a domino effect, first it was my country Australia....then! mexico ...and most recently the Hong kong e-cigarette bans ....There are Threads on the hong kong bans on this forum

.....People all over the world are buying and hoarding these electronic devices in large numbers while they can and that's why are orders are being delayed and emails unresponded to for days in some case's.... busy ...busy ...busy!

Now as for the 901’s, you seem to have some happy an favorable experiences with it Julie, hmmm now meeee…not so much …I have just found the 901 to be very touchy and fragile, now if i can get the 901 atomizer to stay hot and working long enough or the battery to not fade out within days then this e-cigarette would be rather enjoyable….Just No luck……no how…….no way :(

Do not even get me started about my kissbox lol Bad burn taste throughout that whole experience. Nothing i did ever lighted the taste ..yuck ..yuck ..Indescribably yuckiiiii…the manual switch, stuck in the on position permanently…The auto switch, forget about it! Haha ..Jeff gave me an immediate refund as he always does, as i said..without question …it was not his fault ..he did not make that particular device.

The first run of Dura’s……best left unspoken – And all money was refunded ..just for the record

My BE112 and USB 901 from Bestecig --- My girlfriend often still hears me cry and sob away at night over that shocking experience lol – again money was immediately! refunded – No harm no foul

Luck is a relatively random thing, or is it? But i do know one thing…I sure do not! have it in spades. So far anyway. Now i don’t blame Jeff at Janty for the problems that i had with the Dura and kissbox, Nor! Do i blame Beci at Bestecig.com for the debacle with the Be112 an Usb 901, Both of these E-cigarette sellers where most accommodating to me and offered and gave top! notch customer service …As it’s indubitably the manufactures that really need to lift there game on there products, they need to make them so they can at least last beyond a one week or two week period that most people experience with these devices…yeah sure there’s the lucky few that get those long lasting RARE! e-cigarettes from time to time….but for the masses this is often not! the case …or was i just not using there products properly, is all i can surmise …that’s the thing i can not figure out right at this very moment with any certainty. I take good care of the product…I blow out any liquid that might shorten its life span at night before i sleep ….i stand the atomizer cart end down so the liquid drains onto a paper towel ….I also keep it protacted in a carry case in order to limit any damage that may accur when moving the e-cigaerette around from place to place. but all i can go back to is the fact that i am just plain and simply jinxed. I guess i may never know or even find out why i have such bad luck to date with these devices.

You mentioned the screwdriver, and that would cost me over! $300 to buy from the UK, while the money is not the issue..$300 bucks for 1 single e-cigarette sounds crazy! and completely ridiculous to me (After the exchange rate this screwdriver that is so talked about would cost well over! $300 for Australian vaporers), what if it also breaks down…the return postage each time for replacement parts would be equally untenable.

I am however looking very closely at this new Lady pipe, now i am not sure about the name for starters *Lady* ladypipe …Male=me ..need i say more haha ..but seriously i have seen video reviews on this mini pipe and the conclusions are promising in the indeed ..Its the battery and where it is situated that peeks my interest on this new pipe e-cig …No more worry about messing up the e-cigs battery with over loads of that soul destroying e-liquid that soops down unceremoniously into the batteries and reins your whole vaping day..

Its such a common! Problem *Battery E-liquid contamination* that i really do not have to say a word, that every single one of you right now are simultaneously nodding your heads furiously in annoying agreeance almost as i type haha

I really do like these forums because of the venting factor not to mention the helpful information that derives from members experiences on here, I can seek out fellow aggrieved vapores that have experienced my pain, just venting in general helps move on to the next step in the evolutionary e-cigarette chain….ok so what’s next??..Ok that didn’t work ...Vent.....vent....vent, ...Ok what will i try now ..show me?…recommend it? ..and then the whole debacle happens all over again. But i do digress some what because i need to look forward and ahead an just hope an pray that i find that perfect e-cigarette that is out there just waitting for little old me to come along …..does it exist? …who knows! ….but what i do know is, i will never! relent…never! give up ..Keep searching until i find my golden pot at the end of the e-cigarette rainbow. . . .

What i also know is that going back full time to analogs is not the answer for me….it is not even an option... No more Cough ....feeling so much more energetic and fit ....I can again like in my youth take more than 6 steps while jogging without collapsing in a heap... it is not even a discussion.... The analogs are staying in the forbidden closet for good!...

I am eyeing seriously the poncho pilot from puresmoker and the USB 801 from eastmall.net

I have heard nothing but good reviews on both these e-cigarettes
*unless i am missing a post or thread or two of unhappiness on these 2 e-cigs*
Then these 2 e-cigs are my next challenge on the search for the perfect device.

By the way, thanks for the friend request Julie …..accepted! :)

Last edited:

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Rick--As my grandmother would say, if you didn't have bad luck, you'd have no luck at all.

Experimenting to find THE perfect e-cig is an expensive and frustrating endeavor. I had originally steered clear of the Screwdriver because, well, it looks like a screwdriver. Not exactly the most feminine thing to stick in one's mouth. :p But after a few months of experimenting, I've come to the profound conclusion that I no longer care at all about what the device looks like so long as it consistently works well and has inexpensive replacement parts. I'm crossing my fingers because hope springs eternal. :)

Regarding the DSE901, I decided that my life would be far less frustrating if I simply treated atomizers as disposable and stocked up on them. As soon as I made that decision, my atomizer problems seemed to disappear, and I haven't had one die in more than a month. Go figure.

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
I hear what you're saying Julie, i hear ya ;)

Again it come’s down to the luck factor....Julie you proclaim to be unlucky....but the fact that you get your 901's to last you as long as you do just harbors jealously and resentment on my behalf :pervy: hehe

I wish i had such fortune when it comes to my 901's ...i really don't know what else to say about them ~shrugs~

LUCKLESS RICK*

901's are cheap enough to consider disposable, but to really be a disposable product that they seem to be to me then they could make them a little cheaper ...my 901's are very fiddley and i get a sense of unreliability and delicateness from them....Just before they always seem to fall apart under a week of average use...

I really and seriously! am looking hard at this Ladypipe/Mini pipe, and despite the name...My initial looks at it are impressiveness ....I will be putting in my order from Eastmall.net for my Ladypipe tomorrow Julie ...if you do not buy one yet just to see its review's then i will let you know *I’ll Be your guinea pig* of my thoughts and judgments on this new e-cig/pipe. ;) Lol

I am not! going to lay down and die and go back to analogs, i just have to keep trying until i find the right e-cigarette that compliments me in every way possible

Yeah the screwdriver looks more like a crack pipe *No offence trog* But i can just see myself clumsily carrying this thing around tapping away at the bottom button at the end of it at work or at the park with the elderly folks next door at the retirement home just sitting there staring strangely at me while slowly getting up an scampering off to there phones ...911 ...911 ....haha

Or 000 for Australia lol

AhhHh its all abit of fun to be honest....I just got to keep on keeping on :)

Last edited:

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
LOL, Rick . . . let me know how the lady pipe works for you. It's one of the few things that hasn't found its way into my arsenal. :)
Will do Julie :)

And please if you could keep me informed of any new e-cigarette product that i might not be aware of, would be great

Keep your fingers crossed for me ;)

Last edited:

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
Perhaps it has something to do! with your use of exclamation points?:D

.......................LOL!!!!!!!!! You bunch of! "smart ....'s"!?!!!!!!!:D:D

......(Curly) Nicosnack ................(Larry) Walrus .................(Moe) CandyGirl
thumbCurlyHoward.jpg
thumbLarryFine.jpg
thumbMoeHoward.jpg

He! types like William! Shatner talks.

I....DO!....believe!!....you can!!!.....kiss... my... deep "dark" hairy.. Black... hole!!!!, "scotty"!!!
images

dammit jim! i'm a doctor! not an english teacher! lol

"~flips all three of you trekKy freaks!! the Bird~" ......Beam ...that!!!!!! ..up! ;) hahaha
2660_1021696471118_1486398445_41205_2614902_n.jpg

Last edited:

VapeAllDay

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
LOL, Rick . . . let me know how the lady pipe works for you. It's one of the few things that hasn't found its way into my arsenal. :)

I have had the Lady Pipe for 5 days now and I think it is awesome. Great vapor and battery life. As far as the name goes, I prefer to call it the MiniPipe or just the RS-888. Makes me feel a little more manly!

Anyways, I think you will enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread