Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Having some trouble with my Innokin MPV 3.0 and Aspire nautilus tank. Not sure which it is that's causing my problem. I put in a 1.6 ohm coil. That's all I use, and it always read 1.7-

spring in the bottom of the tank, and I'm wondering if it's making contact. Today, I wiggled it with a toothpick and got a tiny piece of burned cotton off of it, perhaps from where I've cleaned it. So far, so good. But I'm wondering if it's the battery unit itself that's not functioning properly. I ask that because the blamed thing keeps jumping all over the place, from 1.9-2.4. But, so far no 3.0-5.

Don't use either, but....try Kenna's advice. Beat me to it! :thumb:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
wonder if drooling is an issue???

BK, as usual recently, I can't remember if you've reserved your rocker previously. But, if you're a new porcher, da warmest of welcomes to ya! If not, shame on me.

You know I have never had a horrible dry hit.

Must be nice to be so fortunate! Many have suffered fer da sake of da great vaporlution...
banghead.gif

Kinda hard to do tootling at 6 watts.

'Cuse me, I feel a sneeze comin' on... bullllsnittt. OK, what were ya espousing?
toothy.gif

]I suppose if you take a fresh dry carto or tank and try to vape on it...

And I s'pose dose folk are still smokin'!

... that is warm and tastes like crap. Like I said, I've changed coils three times in three days, thinking it was bad coils.

First off, I have had a strip of five with two trash coils. BTW, I always use a Q-tip to clean da head interior prior to a replacement coil.

Next, if your ohms are fluctuating (just to avoid any instigating accusations, did I spell dat right?), chances are dat you have a connection issue, as opposed to a coil or batt.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I read here somewhere about somebody that didn't know you had to put juice in the tank. No surprise that they didn't see the attraction to vaping.

Janet's niece did something similar. She got an 808 starter kit with carto's and some sample juice. She charged the 808's screw a carto onto it and tried vaping it. She called Janet and said it 'tastes' horrible. Janet asked her if she put juice in the carto - nope she didn't. She thought they came pre-filled.

Having some trouble with my Innokin MPV 3.0 and Aspire Nautilus tank. Not sure which it is that's causing my problem. I put in a 1.6 ohm coil. That's all I use, and it always read 1.7- 1.9...over time it will go up to 2.1 or 2.3...about the time it's spent and needs to be replaced. I'll use the same coil one to three weeks. No problems. However, in the past three days, I've replaced the coils three times. I keep having sporadic readings of 3.7-4.9. The new coils go from 1.8-2.3, but there will be this once-in-a-dozen puffs that reads 3.?-4.? that is warm and tastes like crap. Like I said, I've changed coils three times in three days, thinking it was bad coils. There is a tiny spring in the bottom of the tank, and I'm wondering if it's making contact. Today, I wiggled it with a toothpick and got a tiny piece of burned cotton off of it, perhaps from where I've cleaned it. So far, so good. But I'm wondering if it's the battery unit itself that's not functioning properly. I ask that because the blamed thing keeps jumping all over the place, from 1.9-2.4. But, so far no 3.0-5.

Like Iffy was saying ... it sounds like a connection issue if the ohms are rising/fluctuating a lot. Do you have another topper to try on the MVP. If another topper works fine then you can rule out the MVP as being the culprit. Keep us informed ... we'll figure this out.

(oh, just thought ... are you sure the replacement heads are screwing fully into the Nauty so when attached to the MVP there's a good connection?)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I believe that guy is on You Tube as The Modified Vaper. I posted about his diy video once. It's an excellent video, & he's very well spoken & polite. He has a plug in that hole now, & a lot more facial tats & holes. Hard to look at, but great informative videos.
The Mortified Vaper, fits really well.

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
BK, as usual recently, I can't remember if you've reserved your rocker previously. But, if you're a new porcher, da warmest of welcomes to ya! If not, shame on me.

Must be nice to be so fortunate! Many have suffered fer da sake of da great vaporlution...
banghead.gif

'Cuse me, I feel a sneeze comin' on... bullllsnittt. OK, what were ya espousing?
toothy.gif

And I s'pose dose folk are still smokin'!

First off, I have had a strip of five with two trash coils. BTW, I always use a Q-tip to clean da head interior prior to a replacement coil.

Next, if your ohms are fluctuating (just to avoid any instigating accusations, did I spell dat right?), chances are dat you have a connection issue, as opposed to a coil or batt.

Janet's niece did something similar. She got an 808 starter kit with carto's and some sample juice. She charged the 808's screw a carto onto it and tried vaping it. She called Janet and said it 'tastes' horrible. Janet asked her if she put juice in the carto - nope she didn't. She thought they came pre-filled.

Like Iffy was saying ... it sounds like a connection issue if the ohms are rising/fluctuating a lot. Do you have another topper to try on the MVP. If another topper works fine then you can rule out the MVP as being the culprit. Keep us informed ... we'll figure this out.

(oh, just thought ... are you sure the replacement heads are screwing fully into the Nauty so when attached to the MVP there's a good connection?)

I screw pretty tight...sometimes too tight to get them out. Greg wants to dissect my MPV...I'm scared.
I screw pretty tight...sometimes too tight to get them out. Greg wants to dissect my MPV...I'm scared.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I think that is transparent plastic. Otherwise, anything would be problematic, even saliva.
Which begs the question, what does he tip the homeless guys for cleaning his, er, windshield?
... bullllsnittt.
:lol: So stealing that.
Makes me cringe just thinking about it.
Well, she says trying not to snicker, have you tried to pry up the center pin a little bit?
I was going to ask if anyone read that with a straight face but I see the answer is a resounding no.
My sig line says today is my day!
Way to go Kenna!
bf754642db6f9b37c48b1d32ce94f951.jpg

Post it as many times as you want, she's beautiful!Many happy vaperversaries to come for you. Huge congratulations! :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread