Poll: Highest price you ever paid for a pack of smokes...

What's the greatest amount you've ever paid (per pack) for regular analog cigarettes?

• $1.00 to $1.99

• $2.00 to $2.99

• $3.00 to $3.99

• $4.00 to $4.99

• $5.00 to $5.99

• $6.00 to $6.99

• $7.00 to $7.99

• $8.00 to $8.99

• $9.00 to $9.99

• $10.00 to $10.99

• $11.00 to $11.99

• Over $12.00

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

notsoogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
The REAL Washington
I remember the good ol' days paying about $20-25 for a cart. Now its up to about $43 here in Va. Most for a pack must have been about $5-$6

I remember the good ole days...but we're talking $5 a carton on the reservation!!!:D This was in...maybe '75 or so, give or take a year.

Worutaa

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
I was on a greyhound bus to maine from texas... had 3 packs with me when I started considering I smoke about a pack - pack and a half a day, and figuring I'd make it all the way w/o running out...

Stress + Bums + 6 hour layover in Columbus Ohio and just about the time I hit New York.. out

Yeah, don't recommend that. Paid 9.35 for one pack of marlboros.

But damn they tasted delicious. (At the time... ask me now and they taste like ....)

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
Was there really a time when I said, "I don't want to pay more then $10 for a carton of cigarettes?" Cartons are always cheapest, so I never bought packs except when I had no choice (or was just starting out). I can tell you this much, as a full time vaper, I do get a kick out of the huge signs at the gas station advertising name brands for $54.99 a carton. You gotta feel for our stinky brothers and sisters out there. They're really getting raked over the coals. And apparently, that really is a bargain!

--Prof Daffy

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
Maybe it's just my imagination but I do think that this latest round of tax hikes will prove [in retrospect] to be the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Up till now, smokers just resigned themselves to moderate and regular tax increases, but the latest ones are so punitive that they are very regressive - even more than the government expected, I think. Add to that the fact that you can't smoke anywhere anymore and they're just not worth the trouble - even if you're addicted to nicotine.

The technology of the e-cig - combined with the above - may be sounding the death knell for the tobacco cigarette industry.

If this is true, it won't be long before they decide that it would be prudent to legalize and heavily promote e-cigs so they can tax the hell out of them.

Just a hunch. I think I'll stock up on some more e-juice.

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
Have you noticed that cigarettes are the cheapest in the tobacco states like South Carolina. In Louisiana you can buy a carton of Marlboros for $44.00 or a pack for 4.59. This is relatively low but of course cost of living and salaries are lower than the north. I had bought two cartons the day before I bought an ecig. I took both of these back to the grocery store and they gave me my money back. I use to visit my daughter in South Carolina and buy several cartons. Before I quit I was going to get her to buy them there and ship them to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread