Post pictures of your working wick and coil setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyChef

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 9, 2015
    Worcester, MA USA
    Staggered Claptons have been my bane. Finally had some semi-success (just a few imperfections). Vapes nicely at 100 watts. All kanthal, so I need the wattage.
    2x26K/30K 0.4Ω

DSC_0290.JPG

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 16, 2015
    NJ
    fed93df7a607a340138fa0c0067dab30.jpg

24gTi1/36gKA1 10 wrap 2.5mm ID claptons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How's the TC affected with the KA1 wrapped around those Claptons? Does it still work fine? I'm new to TC, & the TC builds I've done for people (some fused Ni200 Claptons & basic Claptons) I wrap in N80, but strip the N80 off the leads that are going into the posts so the mod only reads Ni200.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 16, 2015
    NJ
    You ever gonna tell me what this is? I'm dying to try vaping it!
    I did! Check the other thread, I explained how to make it haha

Tom, at a guess im thinking you made that coil by making two decored claptons then spread them out a little then flattened one before corkscrewing the other through it then wrapped onto your mains?
    and they are both wound in opposite ways when you claptoned them?
    Almost but not quite, paraclapton, decored, 3x26g through the thicker gauge, and hand flattened the 36g against it then hammered flat. It's similar to the snake belly but completely flat, like an alien in that respect.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 11, 2013
    Ω England Ω
    I did! Check the other thread, I explained how to make it haha

Almost but not quite, paraclapton, decored, 3x26g through the thicker gauge, and hand flattened the 36g against it then hammered flat. It's similar to the snake belly but completely flat, like an alien in that respect.

Heyup Tom i went back to the other thread but couldnt find where you explained the process Can you Link the post or repost here as i dont know what a paraclapton is.
    I havent been gone all that long and already im losing touch with terminologies :D ....

Reactions: MacTechVpr

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 16, 2015
    NJ
    Heyup Tom i went back to the other thread but couldnt find where you explained the process Can you Link the post or repost here as i dont know what a paraclapton is.
    I havent been gone all that long and already im losing touch with terminologies :D ....
    Slip...you're messing with me, aren't you? I hope so because I've seen you build and paraclapton is just 2 wires claptoned on the same core

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 16, 2015
    NJ
    0.8x0.1 ribbon wrapped with 40K
    Paralleled with 30N around 2x26N

View attachment 510043
    View attachment 510044
    Love that ribbon Clapton wrap. How's she hit?
    Not a coil, just some Black Friday ***Black Weekend savings for me, Petri Cloud Cap & Dotmod DT...
    image.jpeg
    connecting the dots...
    image.jpeg

Oh and can't forget:
    image.png
    :D can't wait. Now all I need is my K24 back in my arsenal...Sent it out 2 day express with return address so both should be in my mailbox soon!

CrazyChef

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 9, 2015
    Worcester, MA USA
    Love that ribbon Clapton wrap. How's she hit?
    Thanks! It hits very well, but I put it in the Velocity without thinking... The Velocity is a 2 coil atty, so I was holding my thumb over the opposite hole to get a decent hit. I'll make a pair soon and try it again. Replaced it with these:

2x32K/40K with 26N
    DSC_0369.jpg

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 16, 2015
    NJ
    Thanks! It hits very well, but I put it in the Velocity without thinking... The Velocity is a 2 coil atty, so I was holding my thumb over the opposite hole to get a decent hit. I'll make a pair soon and try it again. Replaced it with these:

2x32K/40K with 26N
    View attachment 510204
    Go smaller ID And run a single between the posts! You're not limited to dual coil. Gah why does everyone assume that about 2 post atties...I'm running single coils in my Petri and my hobo lol. And I just got the cloud cap for my Petri. So single coil with extra airflow. The hobo could be anything you want really because of the way the posi post can rotate on the deck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread