Post pictures of your working wick and coil setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justadude

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Wire for my new concept. Specs....
30/44 micro Clapton corrugated, 0 3mm ribbon walls corrugated, intertwined with 40, sitting on 18x0.3mm ply, framed by 3x38/44 micro claptons spiraled.

2rc0lev.jpg

Reactions: greasegizzard

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Went with something quick and easy for the Troll v2. 26ga SS 316L and .5mm Ribbon Ni80 Tiger wire

DijTqQIl.jpg

OoTeOoul.jpg

What did that ohm out at? I picked up some 0.4x0.1 kanthal to play with today until I can afford to place orders for my 2 big carts of wire at temco and advanced. Not sure if I should try tiger twisting it with kanthal or SS316 and not sure which gauge yet.

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
What did that ohm out at? I picked up some 0.4x0.1 kanthal to play with today until I can afford to place orders for my 2 big carts of wire at temco and advanced. Not sure if I should try tiger twisting it with kanthal or SS316 and not sure which gauge yet.

.37Ω. I believe it is 10 wraps, 3mm ID

Reactions: Fozzy71

Justadude

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
And for the record - I originally posted this a few pages back...
2ihmjwx.jpg

I said it was tiger twisted and double helixed. Now you guys are twisting ribbon with round wire and calling it tiger twisted. For your information - IT'S NOT.

Tiger coil is a CLAPTONED ribbon twisted with round wire. NOT REGULAR ribbon twisted with round wire. Let's get that straight. Mmmmkay? ;)

Reactions: Hick Vapes

Justadude

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
If you really want to TIGER twist it then first Clapton 0.4 with something like 40 gauge, then "tiger" twist it with 26

Justadude

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
I was just going off the video by twisted messes where they called it tiger wire or tiger twisting (I forget exactly). I won't be claptoning anything myself but I do have a small roll of clapton 26/32 kanthal I bought locally I could twist it with.
I know, I saw that video years ago. It's called tiger coil build video. And you can see him doing a Clapton around a ribbon first before he even twists it with a round wire.

On a side note - claptoning around 2 ribbons running parallel and doing it free hand is a completely different story than a regular Clapton

And I've used the term tiger twisted because I claptoned a single ply instead of 2 ply like in a regular tiger coil. But I did Clapton that single ply, hence why I used a term tiger. Unless you guys are claptoning your ribbons it sure as hell ain't a tiger twist;)

Last edited:

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
And for the record - I originally posted this a few pages back...

I said it was tiger twisted and double helixed. Now you guys are twisting ribbon with round wire and calling it tiger twisted. For your information - IT'S NOT.

Tiger coil is a CLAPTONED ribbon twisted with round wire. NOT REGULAR ribbon twisted with round wire. Let's get that straight. Mmmmkay? ;)
Looks clean dude, how does it vape ? Btw - not tiger wire. See my comment below
Lets go back in a bit, shall we, to the creator of "Tiger coil", back to 2013. Leo S, whom Twisted Messes references in the video I linked to on Sunday, both are referring to round wire twisted with a single piece of ribbon as "Tiger Wire/Coil". Not to say that the coil you have there is not a gorgeous piece of work, but you are wrong, Sir. Here is Leo S's vid from 2013. Since he "invented" it, I say he is more of a expert on what makes a Tiger Wire/Coil then you or I.

For the record, I never called it "tiger twisted" Flat twisted with round is "tiger wire" If you Clapton ribbon and twist it with round you can call it "tiger twisted" all you want, heck, as far as I am concerned, you can call it Tony the Tiger. It is all GRRRRREEEAAAT!

Edited because I forgot a quote and it vapes nice, just not as thick and rowdy as I am used to. But it also runs at a lower power than I need for my usual coils and that lets me use my M-Class again for something. :) 60w rather than 90-100W

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread