Rebuildable Tank Atomizers - An Anthology, Pictorial, Builds and Reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Just noticed this... Major updated Merkava. Looks to me like Chels has fixed all the issues of the previous versions. Details are scant (as usual for mini e-cig sadly) but seems to have replaceable under-coil air-holes, 1.4, 1.7, 2.0 nd 3.0 mm. They have narrowed the chimney/chamber so the air-locking issue should be gone, the deck looks similar but better layed out maybe. For $50 its a bargain!!

Merkava - Mini ECIG

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
Hey guys...don't crucify me for this...cuz we all know I've got a friggin' stockpile of very high end devices...in fact, I've got a GEM II on its way to me as we speak...

Here's the BUT you're waiting for:
05e81a43570440890a971dbbb547b508.jpg

This is the WOTOFO Serpent Mini.

$25~ shipped from MyFreedomSmokes.

Easy to build, vapes REALLY well, and is a surprisingly great flavor maker!

No crunchy threads, easy to disassemble and clean, showed up spotless and ready to build.

Top fill, huge airflow that dials down to KFL-ish if desired.

-------
It may not be a fancy, complicated, high-end or top shelf tank...but damn.

For less than $30, it's a little eye opener!

Comes with extra glass, O-rings, pre-made coils...vape it right out of the box!
Yah they are nice for sure.

Reactions: HBcorpse

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Happy holidays @TheotherSteveS ! Hey, it's been a couple weeks now since I've updated the forum or checked this page. I saw what you had written me in responce to that faulty afc of the hussar. I'm glad someone else is like me when it comes to expectations! :thumb: I feel like I have to stay realistic but when spending that much money for an rta, should be holding that company in high regard for delivering something that is unmatched, has no little flaws that normally come with cheaper products fed in from china, and can therefore. last for years to come. This product feels well made, but the afc is just as bad as some budget friendly rtas I have seen reviews on and have been so tempted to buy recently due to my bad luck recently. Was there any vertical play on your afc? Now the company I dealt with sent me a new one, and although the afc doesn't get stuck, now there's vertical play and it moves up and down at least 2 mm. When I attach the chimney to The base, and screw it down tight enough, no more vertical play. Do you think I should just overlook this? God, the company said this is how they make the afc work now and there's nothing they can do to alter it. At least he said he would give me a full refund if I wanted one which was amazingly nice. Now I'm contemplating if I should just give it a go or send it back and not settle. For 100 bucks this decision would be a lot easier. I would keep it in a second. For 200? This thing is way overpriced with how it's made, yet the vape is very satisfying. I'll give it that.

I was wondering what you decided?

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Just wanted to say hello to everyone.
I enjoy coming to this thread to see "whats new"

This last year I tried out a few new things and they are no longer in my collection mostly for reasons due to my bad hands. Some I just thought were not up to my needs or expectations.

Like always Im late to the "party" and have ended up with some new to me older gear.

I have always regarded my FEV's as my all time favorites . I love my GUS Phenomenons, Nectars, and good ole KFL. Ive had Origen Drippers for a while, but finally got an Origenny MKII. Im in love.

Function and beauty with taste that is equal to my FEVS but in a smaller more elegant form.

The GUS are top notch in taste but not as flawless as the FEV to take out and about, I always wished there was someway to combine the FEV ease and the Phenom and I have it now in the Origens.

Im sure this is old news to many that have Origens.
This is my new Origen crew:
origen-gp-003.jpg

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com

This last year I tried out a few new things and they are no longer in my collection mostly for reasons due to my bad hands. Some I just thought were not up to my needs or expectations.

Like always Im late to the "party" and have ended up with some new to me older gear.

I have always regarded my FEV's as my all time favorites . I love my GUS Phenomenons, Nectars, and good ole KFL. Ive had Origen Drippers for a while, but finally got an Origenny MKII. Im in love.

Function and beauty with taste that is equal to my FEVS but in a smaller more elegant form.

The GUS are top notch in taste but not as flawless as the FEV to take out and about, I always wished there was someway to combine the FEV ease and the Phenom and I have it now in the Origens.

View attachment 623891
Lovely pic Ms. Aaf :)

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013

View attachment 623891

Can you really lay the Origen v2 (attached to the box mod, top right) on its side like that, with no leaking?

Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
It has not leaked nor gotten slurpy. I have not taken it out in my purse for a whole day. I do lay it down on its side for the photos and on my bed once in a while.

Thats why for such a long time the ONLY RTA I trust completely for out and about are my FEVs. If these can pass the test of a day out, they might just be neck and neck with the FEVs.

The Origenny has a "plug" like pin that closes off the fill hole. I just dont know how it keeps it from flooding.

The Drippers in photo were not filled. :)

ernieball

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2016
I was wondering what you decided?
Merry Christmas and happy new year to everyone in this thread! I really wanted to keep it, or get a new base, but the maker of the rta said that's sadly how the airflow functiones as of now and there's no other thing they can do, except for maybe tightening airflow down if possible. I didn't want Togo through all that trouble, and just returned it. Kudos for the company for keeping in contact, even though they first responded 3 weeks later. But then they stayed on top of their replies to me which was great. I wish I had one that had perfect afc, for that chamber is to tiny and perfect-looking for flavor on this rta. But it's just not in the cards for me unless they design a new afc. For that money, I expect perfection, and I rarely get it from companies sadly. I'm still searching for a great rta to purchase.

ernieball

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2016
@TheotherSteveS or @qorax I am deciding whether or not I should get the heron v2. I have a funny feeling this rta will come to me practically flawless. But I am getting more used to claptonswith higher gauge, like 38/28, or twisted wire. Will this be able to use small Clapton wire, or 2 28 gauge twisteds? I'm reading that I would just require a single wire for this, but I like a warmer vape, and don't know if the distance from coil to drip tip will give me that heat. Also, if I was to build a .6 on here, about 6 wraps around a 3mm with kanthal(useless to even put that down, I know. But I do know 2.5mm is better suited for this), will the juice channels allow me to at least take my box mod up to 25-28 watts? Thanks guys. If I can manage to do this, this is the one for me. Also, is the spheroid much better or better at all on flavor compared to heron v2. It looks like the chamber of the heron is about the same size as the 16mm spheroid v4, for the chamber on the spheroid seems to cover all the 16mm base space. Please put down any feedback you guys have for me, so I dont buy this on a whim. Thanks so much guys, happy holidays and a happy new year!

Ps @qorax rhanks so much for the videos you've been putting up about 'debunking these myths' about how vaping is not good for our health. More people on YouTube need to be just like you and promote the health benefits to help in any way with turning smokers onto vaping, instead of boasting about new products all the time. As passionate vapers, responsibility for what goes into our body goes hand in hand, and many people don't want to turn towards the facts, subconsciously treating vaping as a fad. A fad it is most definitely not, for the people that know vaping saved their lives from smoking. In my case 2 packs at only 23 for 10 years. I owe a lot to vaping, and love how you give back to the community with these amazing videos of knowledge.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
@TheotherSteveS or @qorax I am deciding whether or not I should get the heron v2. I have a funny feeling this rta will come to me practically flawless. But I am getting more used to claptonswith higher gauge, like 38/28, or twisted wire. Will this be able to use small Clapton wire, or 2 28 gauge twisteds? I'm reading that I would just require a single wire for this, but I like a warmer vape, and don't know if the distance from coil to drip tip will give me that heat. Also, if I was to build a .6 on here, about 6 wraps around a 3mm with kanthal(useless to even put that down, I know. But I do know 2.5mm is better suited for this), will the juice channels allow me to at least take my box mod up to 25-28 watts? Thanks guys. If I can manage to do this, this is the one for me. Also, is the spheroid much better or better at all on flavor compared to heron v2. It looks like the chamber of the heron is about the same size as the 16mm spheroid v4, for the chamber on the spheroid seems to cover all the 16mm base space. Please put down any feedback you guys have for me, so I dont buy this on a whim. Thanks so much guys, happy holidays and a happy new year!

Ps @qorax rhanks so much for the videos you've been putting up about 'debunking these myths' about how vaping is not good for our health. More people on YouTube need to be just like you and promote the health benefits to help in any way with turning smokers onto vaping, instead of boasting about new products all the time. As passionate vapers, responsibility for what goes into our body goes hand in hand, and many people don't want to turn towards the facts, subconsciously treating vaping as a fad. A fad it is most definitely not, for the people that know vaping saved their lives from smoking. In my case 2 packs at only 23 for 10 years. I owe a lot to vaping, and love how you give back to the community with these amazing videos of knowledge.
Thank you so very much my friend for those appreciative words. They mean a lot.

On your Heron (v2) crusade - may I suggest you wait till you watch my Heron V3 video? I will most likely upload it this weekend.

ernieball

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2016
Thank you so very much my friend for those appreciative words. They mean a lot.

On your Heron (v2) crusade - may I suggest you wait till you watch my Heron V3 video? I will most likely upload it this weekend.
It is all my pleasure, good sir. I had no idea that heron v3 was in the making. Thanks so much for telling me this. Can you give me a hint as to whether or not it's a similar design?o_O Lol I'm just going to jump to the assumption that it's being released in a couple hours today(vapourday) on vapourart's website?

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
It is all my pleasure, good sir. I had no idea that heron v3 was in the making. Thanks so much for telling me this. Can you give me a hint as to whether or not it's a similar design?o_O Lol I'm just going to jump to the assumption that it's being released in a couple hours today(vapourday) on vapourart's website?
Can't say much now brother, just know that it is pretty well made - and vapes great. The moment I'm able to upload the video - Vapourday will be announced.

ernieball

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2016
Can't say much now brother, just know that it is pretty well made - and vapes great. The moment I'm able to upload the video - Vapourday will be announced.
That's good enough for me!! Can't wait to see the video on it. Oh, did you happen to have any interest in the skyline rta by esmokeguru? It looks like one fine piece of ss316(or many fine pieces, rather), yet I haven't heard anyone's reports on it here in the forum

Reactions: qorax

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
That's good enough for me!! Can't wait to see the video on it. Oh, did you happen to have any interest in the skyline rta by esmokeguru? It looks like one fine piece of ss316(or many fine pieces, rather), yet I haven't heard anyone's reports on it here in the forum
Year end budget is tight my friend :(

Reactions: mansis

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England

Hi buddy!

sorry not to reply but only had my phone over xmas!

I would have suggested waiting to check out the Heron V3 as I knew it was imminent but had no idea when! I doubt very much you could easily get a clapton build in the heron V2 or spheroid V4 (essentially the same deck). Whatever the V3 turns out to be, I can guarantee the engineering will be as near perfect as is possible. GP gear is absolutely right at the top end across the board and CS is absolutely incredible!!

Last edited:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
It has not leaked nor gotten slurpy. I have not taken it out in my purse for a whole day. I do lay it down on its side for the photos and on my bed once in a while.

Thats why for such a long time the ONLY RTA I trust completely for out and about are my FEVs. If these can pass the test of a day out, they might just be neck and neck with the FEVs.

The Origenny has a "plug" like pin that closes off the fill hole. I just dont know how it keeps it from flooding.

The Drippers in photo were not filled. :)

Well I'll have an Origen v2 on its way to me soon...keep me updated if you take yours out and about! I'm curious how leaky it is, being a genesis style atty and all...

Reactions: anavidfan

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Just noticed this... Major updated Merkava. Looks to me like Chels has fixed all the issues of the previous versions. Details are scant (as usual for mini e-cig sadly) but seems to have replaceable under-coil air-holes, 1.4, 1.7, 2.0 nd 3.0 mm. They have narrowed the chimney/chamber so the air-locking issue should be gone, the deck looks similar but better layed out maybe. For $50 its a bargain!!

Merkava - Mini ECIG
update on this. I contacted them and the replaceable AF nozzles as they call them are not available at present and, from what I can tell from the email I got, they will probably be an add-on rather than supplied with the atty..

ernieball

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2016
Hi buddy!

sorry not to reply but only had my phone over xmas!

I would have suggested waiting to check out the Heron V3 as I knew it was imminent but had no idea when! I doubt very much you could easily get a clapton build in the heron V2 or spheroid V4 (essentially the same deck). Whatever the V3 turns out to be, I can guarantee the engineering will be as near perfect as is possible. GP gear is absolutely right at the top end across the board and CS is absolutely incredible!!
That's alright! I hope you had a great holiday and new year celebration! Thanks for adding onto what qorax said about the heron v3 coming out. I'm really anticipating it now. Like really really anticipating it lol have never owned a vapourart product and I can't wait to get one in my hands, because from the reviews, the machining does look excellent. Luckily, I just received a stunning looking rta that came flawless, made of 316 stainless steel. Sadly, it smells like it needs some heavy duty cleaning right now, but everything is immaculate on this thing. I can't say anything about how the flavor is just yet, but for the build quality, I must say that this is right up there, if not a little better quality than the rose v3, due to that darn little spring that could have been lost so easily with the rose. And I love the afc on this one. I love my hurricane 1.3, yet I prefer a smaller air inlet and don't like too much airflow, and the way that they designed the outer airflow on this one; you can really dial in such a wonderful restricted lung hit that's just perfect. I also got the mtl base that only has 3 1mm air inlets, so I'm excited to give that a go with a nice simple build as I used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread