Sigelei #19 Tips, tricks, and DON'Ts

Status
Not open for further replies.

peejoe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
Cypress California
So i have a question , in getting my 19 from exhale vapors along with a nzonic cloned head. Just getting ideas for mods that i will be doing to my 19... I heard that some of the sigeleis came with glue on the switch, was just wondering if anybody had any ideas on how to remove the switch if it was glued.... Also to the poster above me (peejoe) did u use a tap n dye set or did you just drilled it out.. Do you happen to have the drill size n the wire gauge of Cooper you used, and will you changing out the top head screw with a brass one?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

i just went to home depot and look for the copper wire and its a 8mm copper and look for the drill bit same size for the copper i just drilled out the brass screw snd put the copper. for the top screw i didnt change the screw i just removed the magnet and sanded the derlin plastic so it will make contact to the battery, its a brass screw already so i dont have to change it.

Hi,
I just wanted to add some of my troubles and solutions so far with the s19, I had the same problem as you guys gals with the glued switch what a pain in the ...
My solution was to drill the magnet with a 3 mm hss bit in the centre, doing this caused the magnet to crack and flake so I was able to remove the magnet completely leaveing me with the brass cup, I decided to drill the cup again with the 3 mm bit and got a Alan/hex key and hammered that in the hole, this gave me the needed leverage to be able to grab the bottom button with plumbers grips and turn the top brass piece BOOM it came apart I was well happy half way there.
Next I tapped the 3 mm hole with a 4 mm tap and used a 4 mm brass screw to give me a adjustable switch. Next remove the top magnet easy, and replace the short brass screw with a 4 mm brass screw. BOOM again now s19 is a sweet little mod fires every time vapes like the best of them.
I hope this makes sense and will be more than happy to help anybody if I can with pics or info. Please just contact me.
Happy vapeing my fellow vapers.

ItsSunnyB

Jan 18, 2013
Los Angeles
E
Vap€art1;9637716 said:
Hi,
I just wanted to add some of my troubles and solutions so far with the s19, I had the same problem as you guys gals with the glued switch what a pain in the ...
My solution was to drill the magnet with a 3 mm hss bit in the centre, doing this caused the magnet to crack and flake so I was able to remove the magnet completely leaveing me with the brass cup, I decided to drill the cup again with the 3 mm bit and got a Alan/hex key and hammered that in the hole, this gave me the needed leverage to be able to grab the bottom button with plumbers grips and turn the top brass piece BOOM it came apart I was well happy half way there.
Next I tapped the 3 mm hole with a 4 mm tap and used a 4 mm brass screw to give me a adjustable switch. Next remove the top magnet easy, and replace the short brass screw with a 4 mm brass screw. BOOM again now s19 is a sweet little mod fires every time vapes like the best of them.
I hope this makes sense and will be more than happy to help anybody if I can with pics or info. Please just contact me.
Happy vapeing my fellow vapers.

Pictures of your switch and top cap.... Would really appreciate it....thanks

GRH8095

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2012
California
I've been wondering if I will need to sand the delrin plastic before the #19 will work? Someone I spoke to said that most of the chinese mechs he's dealt with have to be sanded on a contact point. Is this true for the #19?

ETA: Waiting to receive my #19 in the mail.

This delrin parts, are not a problem for the 19, it's fine the way it is ...

The 19's problem is, it mis-fires ... way way way too much.

Problem lies, in the button it self, making a solid connection/contact against the inside the locking ring.

Great of ways to fix this, in the thread ...

Last edited:

ItsSunnyB

Jan 18, 2013
Los Angeles
Vap€art1;9638667 said:
I have also sanded the top to achieve a flush fit for my attys. I have a Ud agi and it's sweet with the s19 looks spot on I will upload pic if you want?

Thanks for the pics that's gonna help out alot, also was thinking just to keep the top head the way it is just take the magnet out and sand down the delrin....sure post pics with ur atty n top cap

02F2C897-119F-4BD1-A340-F6C64E6FEBF0-5873-000006957DD2A4AD_zps484cd0c1.jpg
Thanks for the pics that's gonna help out alot, also was thinking just to keep the top head the way it is just take the magnet out and sand down the delrin....sure post pics with ur atty n top cap

Personally I didn't sand the delrin down I just replaced the screw with a m4 brass panhead, I have two different size screws for it one works great with some tanks but is short for others I could have had one that was big to account for both situations but then in 350 mode I was left with a battery rattle. Or a small gap. Hope this makes sense.

http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums...E6FEBF0-5873-000006957DD2A4AD_zps484cd0c1.jpg

Last edited:

whit77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
uk
Vap€art1;9639057 said:
Personally I didn't sand the delrin down I just replaced the screw with a m4 brass panhead, I have two different size screws for it one works great with some tanks but is short for others I could have had one that was big to account for both situations but then in 350 mode I was left with a battery rattle. Or a small gap. Hope this makes sense.

http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums...E6FEBF0-5873-000006957DD2A4AD_zps484cd0c1.jpg

I have exactly the same as I only use 18350's so I've got a few cut at different lengths to suit different attys and combat battery rattle and keeping the tele together with no gap :D

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm perusing the various DIY flashlight parts from Fasttech with ignorant fascination. To my untrained eye, there appear to be some potential switch-fixers. This do-dad, for example:

$1.69 5mm x 2mm Copper Pillars for Electronics DIY (10-Pack) 10-pack - with groove on one side at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I don't have the means to measure it precisely, but it looks like the ID of the magnet cup on the switch is 5mm. If so, it seems like you could replace the magnet (provided you can ever get it out of there) with one of these - just turn it flat side up and snug it in there.

Found these also:

$0.66 Gold Plated Battery / Driver Contact Support Springs for Flashlight DIY (2-Piece Set) - for 26.5mm flashlight drop-in modules / P60 sized at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I'm going to give these a shot. I'll let you know how it comes out.

I have exactly the same as I only use 18350's so I've got a few cut at different lengths to suit different attys and combat battery rattle and keeping the tele together with no gap :D

We both have OCD bud lol :laugh:

ItsSunnyB

Jan 18, 2013
Los Angeles
I'm perusing the various DIY flashlight parts from Fasttech with ignorant fascination. To my untrained eye, there appear to be some potential switch-fixers. This do-dad, for example:

$1.69 5mm x 2mm Copper Pillars for Electronics DIY (10-Pack) 10-pack - with groove on one side at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I don't have the means to measure it precisely, but it looks like the ID of the magnet cup on the switch is 5mm. If so, it seems like you could replace the magnet (provided you can ever get it out of there) with one of these - just turn it flat side up and snug it in there.

Found these also:

$0.66 Gold Plated Battery / Driver Contact Support Springs for Flashlight DIY (2-Piece Set) - for 26.5mm flashlight drop-in modules / P60 sized at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I'm going to give these a shot. I'll let you know how it comes out.

Let us know how that works out, and post some pics

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Vap€art1;9638636 said:
...Hi sorry not sure how to add pics direct any help would be appreciated.

Copy the Direct link for the photo from Photobucket.

At the top of ECF's Reply window (second row in Advanced) click on the the third button from the right (reads, "Insert Image" on mouseover).

Click on the From URL tab.

Uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box.

Click OK.

If you wish you can edit your original post with your directions and add the photos. That way the directions and photos will be together.

GRH8095

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2012
California
Lots of great fixs in the thread, to get around the mis-fire problem ...
- Here's my take on it

Found some solid copper wire, from a fixture of some sort, in the garage ... looks like 16 - 18 guage

2 Parts
- one shaped like ring ... trial & error for the fit
- the other shaped, something like a c-ring ... trial & error for the fit

The ring goes in first, takes up the space between the inner wall and the delrin

The c-ring sort of thing, goes in next, sits on top of the ring

The brass post goes in next, fitting between the c-ring thing ...
- The brass post, is puhing against the c-ring, making a solid connction to the inner wall

ECF_Sigelei-19_Mis-Fire_Fix.jpg

Put together the switch as norm ...

* This is working great for me !

* Other things I did ...
- Filed down the raised 510 connector
- Removed the magnet from the top cap
- Replaced the original 510's center post screw, for another longer brass screw
- Left the magnet on the switch's brass post as is, just torched it, to nuke the magnetism
- Torched the spring, to take out the stiffness

My norm for the sigelei 19 ... with the igo-l
"Thread: Pictures of your setup" ... Page 1445 ... Post #14442
- http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...727-pictures-your-setup-1445.html#post9552037

Last edited:

ItsSunnyB

Jan 18, 2013
Los Angeles
Lots of great fixs in the thread, to get around the mis-fire problem ...
- Here's my take on it

Found some solid copper wire, from a fixture of some sort, in the garage ... looks like 16 - 18 guage

2 Parts
- one shaped like ring ... trial & error for the fit
- the other shaped, something like a c-ring ... trial & error for the fit

The ring goes in first, takes up the space between the inner wall and the delrin

The c-ring sort of thing, goes in next, sits on top of the ring

The brass post goes in next, fitting between the c-ring thing ...
- The brass post, is puhing against the c-ring, making a solid connction to the inner wall

View attachment 214254

Put together the switch as norm ...

* This is working great for me !

* Other things I did ...
- Filed down the raised 510 connector
- Removed the magnet from the top cap
- Replaced the original 510's center post screw, for another longer brass screw
- Left the magnet on the switch's brass post as is, just torched it, to nuke the magnetism
- Torched the spring, to take out the stiffness

My norm for the sigelei 19 ... with the igo-l
"Thread: Pictures of your setup" ... Page 1445 ... Post #14442
- http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...727-pictures-your-setup-1445.html#post9552037

Thanks for the info, got a few ideas in my head on what to do......pictures were corrupted in that thread but I'm sure it looks stellar..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread