Sigelei #19 Tips, tricks, and DON'Ts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsSunnyB

Jan 18, 2013
Los Angeles
I do as I wouldn't need to keep changing the 510 brass screw to combat battery rattle, or swapping from flat top to nipple top in 18350 mode, the spring would take care of that, I think its a brill idea

Couldn't u sand down the delrin on the top head to make sure it makes contact

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

whit77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
uk
Couldn't u sand down the delrin on the top head to make sure it makes contact

Think you missing the point, and I have sanded it lol, battery rattle in 18350 I don't like a gap between the tubes so the screw has to be just right for me, the spring would fix this :D

Last edited:

whit77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
uk
LOL OCD, i get it..... Longer brass screw

Yes ocd, I've got a longer bolt but when I change attys I have to change the bolt else I get either batt rattle or a gap and I can't live with either :D so I've got bolts at all sizes lol , spring would be ideal for me

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
I do as I wouldn't need to keep changing the 510 brass screw to combat battery rattle, or swapping from flat top to nipple top in 18350 mode, the spring would take care of that, I think its a brill idea

Funny, I guess it depends upon what you want out of the device. I dont have these issues...if you are looking for convenience, go for it. But I'll put $ on that it will be a major source of vdrop. Then again, you could just shave down the current top delrin insulator and attach your own $3 spring (if you have a #19 already).

If sigelei was really thinking improvement they would have addressed the switch both from a conductivity perspective (remove the magnet or place lower for non-battery contact in a thicker brass pin and a sizing perspective by address the nipple/no nipple top issue with a floating spring-loaded delrin insulator.

whit77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
uk
Yes I already have #19 that I modded top and bottom :D

A brass spring in the top will not be any less conductive than a bolt

N5tIgh.jpg

IXCR9d.jpg

SGGyv5.jpg

Last edited:

whit77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
uk
What size bolt is that and did u use a tap and dye set to tap the bottom post

I'm in the uk so its metric m4 pan head brass bolt, drilled a 3.3mm hole and used a m4 tap for the thread, I used the same size bolt for the delrin top piece too

My next mod will be a brass spring on the top :D

Last edited:

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
Yes I already have #19 that I modded top and bottom :D

A brass spring in the top will not be any less conductive than a bolt

I was not referring to modding the current modded device. The new device has a spring (brass or chinese bling?) attached to chrome plated screw. It still needs to be modded. Not a significant improvement to the stock device. IMO.

BTW - very nice job on your #19. :toast:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Curiously I'm asking, has anyone come across this problem?

No idea what happened but when I press the button it shows HHHHHH across the display even if no atty is attached. Tried different batteries, even took it apart in case juice leaked in. All the menus still work and I can do all the adjustments, but it won't fire.

ItsSunnyB

Jan 18, 2013
Los Angeles
Curiously I'm asking, has anyone come across this problem?

No idea what happened but when I press the button it shows HHHHHH across the display even if no atty is attached. Tried different batteries, even took it apart in case juice leaked in. All the menus still work and I can do all the adjustments, but it won't fire.

Wrong thread, make sure ur not on off on the on/off setting (if ur talking bout the zmax)will still let u set everything but won't fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread