SmokeStik Ultra (eGo style) beta test thread.....post your findings here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Hi Everyone!!! I have some good news but first I want to tell you about the compatibility issue with other tanks. We had no intention of making a tank with a unique coil that would not fit other tanks. But after de-constructing the original beta tanks (which were compatible with Evod, Protank etc) and looking at them under a microscope, Steve and I quickly figured out a set of issues that we believed were the reason we thought those tanks sucked....lol. We talked to the engineers and took microscopic photos and gave them detailed descriptions of exactly what we didn't like and why we thought it was happening. What you have now is what they did with that information.

July is only a few weeks away and you will all get a pack of coils. I'll push for another tank for you all as well because I think every one of you really went far beyond what we had expected in the effort you put forth.

Now....I know I said that I would pick a couple of people who did good reviews. But I honestly can't see anyone who DIDN'T do a good review...so the only fair thing I can think to do is give everyone an equal chance. So what I will do..and this will take a couple days....is make a list of all the people that gave a review. And then we will have a random contest to pick THREE winners. I'll take a video of the random generator running and the way I will do it is with peoples names....not a list of numbers....so it will not matter where you are on the list. Everyone will have an equal chance. And don't forget...even if you don't win you will still get a 50% off coupon code to use any way you like. I'll work on the list as I have time this week and let's plan on me running the contest this weekend....say Friday night.

Anyone that makes a coherent video review and posts it on You Tube will still get a free kit...so if you win the random contest and post a video..you get two kits....hopefully you will PIF one out to a new vaper or someone in need.

oh and yes I'm pretty sure we DO plan to offer a 1.8 ohm coil once they are in production. I appreciate and understand that comments about uneven coil winding. I don't really know the technique they use to wind coils but if you can imagine sitting at a bench and doing this for 10 hours or probably 12 hours a day.....I don't know if it's realistic to expect humans to do any better. I'm also thinking that if everyone took apart their coil they would all look like that. ....these tanks will be marketed with a specific warning against using anything thicker than 60/40 liquid. Possibly , if the line is sucessful, in the future we will make different versions for different purposes. Super low resistance, extra wicking for thicker juices etc.

I have a question for you people using 50.50.....what kind of device do you normally use? And do you not have issues with them?

luke213

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2014
Up
I've been running 50/50 for a while and typically I'm running a kayfun but I've also got an iclear 30 and bunches of older ce4's. Most of them handle 50/50 pretty well the ce4 isn't great a little slow wicking. Cartomizers seem to handle it fairly well also. That said with different viscosity I can really understand what works for one may not work for another.

Take care!

Luke

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

soulcatcher

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2014
Behind You *.*
I most always use 70VG/30PG, both in this device as well as my Evods and Protanks w/o issue. I simply remove 1/2 or sometimes all of the 'flavor' wick ie. the wick sitting on top of the coil and experience no wicking or flooding issues. I do the same with my Kanger tanks.

**And I am running the Ultra-Tank @ 15 Watts on my SVD, better flavor than lower power lvls, and no dry hits even while chain-vaping. Use the SVD while at home, but usually use std 3.7V Evod batteries while on the go.

Last edited:

tick22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Vanceboro, NC
I used juices that were as low as 40/60 (pg/vg) up to 70/30 and had no problems, so your coils are good with 40/60, no problems. Not sure about any higher VG.
Extra coils and maybe another tank, you are too good to us.
all we all did was enjoy your tank and let you know how it was....
Also thanks for the extra contest or giveaway.
Sorry no video reviews from me, I may find myself listed on the FBI's ten most wanted list one day.
:D

Last edited:

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
I have a question for you people using 50.50.....what kind of device do you normally use? And do you not have issues with them?

I have a total of 4 other devices (excluding the beta) running 50/50 & all gets regular coil changes after these won't clean anymore. Each device varies, but none has had a coil to last as long as the SmokeStik beta. In fact, it's been 3-4 days since I left my final review, the coil is still fine, hasn't been cleaned yet. I don't clean coils for the sake of it & as far as dry burning goes, it's a crapshoot. However, allowing hot water to dribble over these for 4-5 minutes & allowing to dry helps to extend life.

The devices are as follows:
1) DPure PuriTank (full size)
2) Generic Silver Bullet style mini
3) Kanger EGO T3 (holds 2.4ml) x2

All has been used less than the SmokeStik beta & all has had coil cleaning or changing since acquiring the latter.

Something good must be in the water where the SmokeStik coils are made.

The only other device that I have where the coil has Never had to be changed is the KangerTech EVOD, in that one, I'm vaping Vapor Beast branded Relax Pina Colada, 70% PG/30% VG. The only thing I've had to do was swap the top flavor wick & that was once. What's amazing, is that the 30ml bottle is two-thirds finished (never have I seen this & may not again). There isn't even a color change of the e-juice from vaping.

I'm strongly considering at least trying another of my e-juices in a similar blend, just to see if this is a fluke. If another holds up the same, I'll switch all, especially if no scorched taste & coils continue to hold up. It is a sweeter blend, though it may be the flavor & it does tend to pop more than the others, but hasn't cracked the tank.

Cat

_JB_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Michigan
This my eighth day with this beta tank. I have used 50/50 juice in it most of the time with much better than expected results.
The only time I have seen juice leak into my battery is when this tank was locked up in my car out in the sunshine on a warm day. I just took the base off and blew through it to get the juice out and it worked fine after that.
Last night I decided to try my coil killing juice. It is a 70pg/30vg coffee flavor which tastes great but always leaves heavy deposits on the coil in a hurry. This coil was no exception, like others it handled about 1 ml of vaping before it coated the coil with crud. This morning I decided to pull the original wick and redo it with cotton. Unfortunately while removing the wick I broke one of the leads off the coil:( I rebuild the head with new wire and cotton, I also reused the wings things that this coil has, the coil is now 1.7 ohms and is vaping better than ever, it now works really well on a 650 ego battery.

Here are some things that stand out to me on this beta tank-
-this is the best clearo I have had in regards to leaking and gurgling.
-the knurled base is very user friendly.
-the airflow is excellent.
-it lasts like the Energizer Bunny
-I find only 2 windows a disadvantage because under most light conditions I am in I find it hard to see the juice well. Three or 4 windows would be better because with 2 the center tube blocks the light from shining through.
-2.4 ohms is too high a resistance for a regulated battery.

I think in order to have a successful marketing campaign you must offer lower resistance options.

In closing I think this is likely the best tank for people who do not rebuild because it just keeps working without issues.

Thank you for the opportunity to test this tank, I enjoyed it:)

atisa

May 7, 2014
NC, USA
Thanks so much for the upcoming coils and possible tank too. I so love this tank and it's awesome performance.

I mainly vape 50/50 juice and this tank has handled it like a champ. Like I said... I have never been fond of the bc tanks because the two I had before receiving this SmokeStik beta tank have left me frustrated and lacked the flavor I get from my cartos. I had been using a Kanger Evod and an Aspire BDC tank. I was about to give up before this beta test became available. You now have a customer for life when they become available!

Sorry I won't be making a video as I am too camera shy.... but rest assured I have been (and will continue) singing it's praises to all my friends since day two of having it. I have let them try it out... and a few have even tried to walk out the door with it. But I held on tight and would fight to the death to keep this little gem.

Thanks again for letting me participate :D

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Hi folks...just checking in......I really need you all to help with something....I have no way of matching most of you between your ECF user name and your SmokeStik account because you didn't tell me who you were in your emails. So I have created a spreadsheet and emailed each of you an invitation to a Google spreadsheet. Please find your name and put your ECF handle next to your name. I have already done a couple so you will see exactly how to do it. Thank you!!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al8fOqDaMtakdFZNTnhhSnc5YzhjdHMweEc1aTlYSGc&usp=sharing

NicksCloud

Verified Member
May 13, 2014
USA
I can't access that because my ECF is not associated with a Gmail account. My email starys with "njr33" if that helps.

My coil burned out the other day but I couldn't get online due to an emergency.

I have used 50/50 Halo Twisted Java in it but most juices were closer to 70% vg. My regular tank is either the Kayfun 3.1es or Fogged v4+ on the Vamo V5, the Pro Tank 2 or a drip cartridge I can't remember the name of (but will get tomorrow) in my Vision Spinner 2 and finally I'm using the Aerotank Giant on my Seven-22.

Sent from my HTC One with Tapatalk

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Nick...so overall....are you satisfied with the performance you got? Assume you had paid for the tank . Would it be worth $6.49 to you?

Thanks again for all your work everyone. I have removed all the info from the spread sheet other than your names on request. If anyone is still uncomfortable with the spreadsheet just email me your user name please so I can get the contest going. There are also still some people who have not given any feedback at all. I don't think it is fair to those of you who have donated so much of your time to include them but I need user names to know for sure who everyone is. ALso, as soon as I have the info the spreadsheet will be removed.

Sue1971

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Mass
If I was first starting off I would pay $6.49 for this tank. I would also recommend this tank to new users. Other than the leakage I get when refilling the tank, like I said in my review, it could be just from the condensation build up, because it doesn't happen when I clean and dry then fill. I absolutely love this tank and it's an everyday user for me now.

nanusic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Myrtle Beach
Nick...so overall....are you satisfied with the performance you got? Assume you had paid for the tank . Would it be worth $6.49 to you?

Thanks again for all your work everyone. I have removed all the info from the spread sheet other than your names on request. If anyone is still uncomfortable with the spreadsheet just email me your user name please so I can get the contest going. There are also still some people who have not given any feedback at all. I don't think it is fair to those of you who have donated so much of your time to include them but I need user names to know for sure who everyone is. ALso, as soon as I have the info the spreadsheet will be removed.

I wanted to say that I just love your Avi....every time I see it I can't help but smile!
And, I really like this little tank. Spreadsheet name has been entered..
Thank you again!

tick22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Vanceboro, NC
Hi folks...just checking in......I really need you all to help with something....I have no way of matching most of you between your ECF user name and your SmokeStik account because you didn't tell me who you were in your emails. So I have created a spreadsheet and emailed each of you an invitation to a Google spreadsheet. Please find your name and put your ECF handle next to your name. I have already done a couple so you will see exactly how to do it. Thank you!!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al8fOqDaMtakdFZNTnhhSnc5YzhjdHMweEc1aTlYSGc&usp=sharing

Let me if I did it right. Being old sucks when it comes to spread sheets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread