The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

SmokeStik Ultra (eGo style) beta test thread.....post your findings here.

Discussion in 'SmokeStik' started by lorikay13, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. luke213

luke213 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2014
    Up
    I'll just give my short impressions since I've emailed a longer version already.

Like everyone said impressive little tank well built etc. I had more wicking issues and flavor issues than I'd like for it to be a normal device for me. Running 50/50 juices I found it wasn't keeping up with me but maybe I'm drawing too deep or too fast hard to tell. Flavor was OK but not great for me, I did take a look at my coil and it was wrapped unevenly like the above sample so that may be related to the way it vapes. Good vapor for a small device and overall good device but I'm not sure it's quite there yet. On the positives I've had zero leaking issues etc and that is a welcome change from most of this style.

Luke

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

2. zelda

zelda Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 21, 2009
    Echo Beach
    My impressions....

The tank looks very nice on an ego battery. Same diameter as an Ego and looks very polished together.

I like the fixed drip tip so there is no problem about the cap popping off and getting lost or broken.

The tank is very easy to fill with no leaking at all.

I found this to be a good interesting tank to use. Flavor and vapor were good. The flavor is still good after several uses. I used a variety of tobacco eliquids with a high PG ratio and there was no gunking or issue with them. There was some condensation inside the drip tip but it was contained there.

I found the draw to be a bit airy at first but I don't notice it now. Best of all I when I took a draw I got a really good throat hit. Much more pronounced than with other tanks/cartomizers. For me it was a noticeable improvement. Instead of a mouthful of vapor I had a nice smooth draw right to the back of my throat. Not sure why this works differently from other tanks but it does.

Thanks Lorikay for the chance to try this out.

3. soulcatcher

soulcatcher Senior Member Verified Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Behind You *.*
    I've been using/testing my tank and plan on a longer review and/or vid, but for now here is the quick and dirty.

Overall fit and finish is GREAT!! Absolutely no complaints there. No machine marks, just a quality brushed / semi-polished SS tank. The knurled base is a great addition both for looks and ease of access to the tank.

As others have mentioned this design is quite similar to Kanger's Evod tanks. I love the Evods, and w/ several days and several tanks now vaped I can say that this is def a well done, well functioning winner.

The stock coils work well, although at 3.7V my 2.5ohm coil was a bit on the weak side for vapor/flavor. Kick the voltage up to app 4V and it really starts to shine; GREAT flavor and vapor. I would def recommend offering lower resistance coils (1.6 -1.8 ohms) and MOST DEF offer variable voltage batteries to get your customers the best vape possible.

I found very few if any real negatives. The coils worked, no leaking or gurgling from the tank. Flavor and vapor production was good (though at higher voltages given the high res coils), and the airflow was good, not too tight not too airy. I would only recommend a few slight improvement to achieve possibly the best BCC Tank.

1. Incorporate a removable 510 drip tip. We like options!!
    2. Have an optional 'upgraded' glass/pyrex tank. I don't mind plastic myself, but glass is even better.
    3. Incorporate an adjustable airflow controller to the knurled base similar to Kanger's AFC for the Protank 2 ie. larger airholes in the base with a threaded collar that can be threaded up or down to cover more or less or the airholes for airflow adjustability. That function would put your product FAR ahead of the Evod tanks!!!
    4. I am just nit-picking at this point, but I would love to be able to use you coil heads, as the seem to work better, with my Kanger tanks. The heads will thread onto the Kanger base, but the chimneys are different widths so they are not quite interchangeable.

Nit-picking aside this really is a GREAT tank. Good job, Well done (especially as a Beta version) !!!

*** I use a 70VG/30PG diy Strawberry-Cotton Candy (very sweet, high % EM and Sucralose). I removed 1/2 of the flavor wick to account for my thicker juice, no leaking or wicking issues. After 2-3 tanks there was very slight gunking so I did a dry burn, filled the tank back up, and it was good as new.

4. lorikay13

lorikay13 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    You have all done such a great job with these reviews. One thing I didn't tell you yet was the price.....I can tell you that I would love to see removeable drip tips and pyrex. But just the removeable drip tip would raise the price and of course the Pyrex would probably double it.

But this is just our first. Now that we have a design down that we are happy with internally we can start playing with upgrades.

So the price.....$6.99 each and a three pack of coils will be $6.95 And here is a photo of the final version of the batteries....

ultrabat_final.jpg

5. PhatRon

PhatRon Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2013
    Cumming, GA, USA
    That is a very sleek looking setup with the battery. Way to go SmokeStik!

6. tick22

tick22 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 18, 2014
    Vanceboro, NC
    nice price. So why only 3 coil packs?

I will need at least 10 and that should last me awhile

Still going strong on the first coil and Now, I don't remember how many tank fulls.
    Like I said earlier, It is one of my working tanks I use daily working the Ranch/farm.

Thats, mm about 3 to 4 tanks during the day. Lots of use out of that little coil... I figure about 14 plus tank fulls so far on the coil. I do clean the coil every evening now.

7. luke213

luke213 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2014
    Up
    Well I accidentally drove over mine with the 4 Wheeler today at speed and it survived so apparently it's pretty durable ;) Bounced out of my pocket while trying to find my mother in law that got lost. Picked it up and still working fine.

Luke

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

8. atisa

atisa Full Member

May 7, 2014
    NC, USA
    Nice looking setup! I've only had leakage on the battery post 2 times and one of those times I know it was my fault for not making sure the head was screwed down all the way :facepalm:

Mine is still going strong... lost count on how many tankfuls (6 - 7 maybe). I have occasionally switched to some of my other cartos and tanks only to find myself quickly coming back to this ultra tank. I still prefer this one over all the others now. Love, love, love this tank!

9. nanusic

nanusic Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2014
    Myrtle Beach
    I do want to thank you for allowing me the opportunity to try this out!
    Short and sweet.
    I like the airiness of this tank. I will be honest and say that I haven't used it a lot because I mostly drip. I did get an Iclear16D and immediately put it away because I didn't like it. I have had the Evod style too!
    I do like this one better because it is smaller and the threads are much smoother. It vapes nicely also.
    Being that it uses the same style coil that Kanger tanks use, and I rebuild all of those, I will rebuild this one later to see the difference!
    All in all, this is a nice little tank and I'm sure it will be competitive with the Evod style.
    I wish you the best of success, as it already appears to be going well! :)

10. catilley1092

catilley1092 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 3, 2013
    North Carolina, USA
    It's been a week now & though I'm vaping a 50/50 blend, still going good. Still no scorched taste, if so, I have coils & know to to rebuild, so can't complain. Have had other coils that didn't last as long.

Amazing!

Nothing like that for me, but it has been dropped a couple of times.

Honestly, I believe this tank has potential to compete with the KangerTech EVOD. The local distributor where I get my e-juice from was also impressed when he seen it. Thought at first, it was a clone, but I showed him the difference, one really has to look, this one is slightly taller w/out base in place.

Yes, it's slightly more airy, however some prefers it that way, some doesn't, not everyone can be pleased & that goes for anything. I have one that much more airy than this.

As far as tank crackers goes, there's some of the e-juices that's listed to crack these type of tanks, yet doesn't mean it'll happen. Like the EVOD, it's not glass, I'm vaping a Pina Colada in it, hasn't cracked yet, two thirds through a 30ml bottle. It would likely be the same in this one. Maybe if one chain vaped a lot, or was in a VV battery.

I don't see the condensation as a negative, because competitor's tanks made similarly does the same. If it were a metal tip, instead of fog, there would be crust & that's nasty looking. All it takes is a Q-tip or a twisted napkin & it's wiped away. No discoloring.

Final rating of this tank on a 1-10 scale = 10

I've looked as hard as I could to find any negative, but can't honestly find one, have deliberately used it more than the rest of my tanks combined, in an effort to force something to show. but it's not there. This tank, if priced right, should sell well, word of mouth is the best ad a company can have & can't buy on the street.

At this time, I'd like to thank those who made this test possible & wish the company the best of success.

Cat

11. Sue1971

Sue1971 Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2010
    Mass
    :facepalm: I popped my coil. Ya I know to much heat dry burning, Live an learn I always say. On a good note I was able to very easily rebuild the coil. :) Happily vaping on a 1.9 ohm coil now

12. NicksCloud

NicksCloud Senior Member Verified Member

May 13, 2014
    USA
    I have continued using my beta and it's still chugging like a champ on the original coil.

As promised, I did attach it to my Vamo V5 (detected 2.4ohms) and it worked great at 7.5 - 8.5 Watts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my HTC One with Tapatalk

13. NicksCloud

NicksCloud Senior Member Verified Member

May 13, 2014
    USA
    It actually didn't look bad either but it looks best on a eGo style like a silver vision spinner

Sent from my HTC One with Tapatalk

14. Sue1971

Sue1971 Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2010
    Mass
    I agree, when I go out of the house to run a few errands I will slap the tank on my 650mah stainless steel ego battery, Looks very sharp

15. atisa

atisa Full Member

May 7, 2014
    NC, USA
    Sad day. Everything I put in the tank is now tasting burnt. Guess I have to be done using it until new heads become available. I don't rebuild so I'm an unhappy camper now. It was great while it lasted. Thank you Smoke Stik for giving me the opportunity to participate in this beta test. Great product! Now if July would hurry up and get here. I miss using this tank.

16. bacc.vap

bacc.vap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2011
    Virtualville
    They can be cleaned and dry burned, brought back to almost new condition. I've done it twice now on mine, still working great. Once you figure out how to do it it's easy, only takes a couple of minutes..

17. tick22

tick22 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 18, 2014
    Vanceboro, NC
    Thats what I finally had to do. The coil lasted a long time compared to others but I had to clean it finally today. Not bad for a coil that's been used every day.
    Nice coil SmokeStik, I want more.
    has anyone checked to see if they fit other clearos/tanks??

I know, bad me, but if they do, I will get more for every clearo/tanks I have...

18. atisa

atisa Full Member

May 7, 2014
    NC, USA
    It has been cleaned out every night since I received it... just not dry burned. Guess I should try that. Thanks bacc.vap :)

19. atisa

atisa Full Member

May 7, 2014
    NC, USA
    I haven't checked either but was just thinking the same thing earlier today. :toast:

20. Reddhott

Reddhott ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    cartoon land,usa
    i couldn't get them to fit any of my other tanks :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.