Status
Not open for further replies.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I lived in Detroit when i was a kid. I ice-skated to school one day. Yuck. Here in Ala, they close schools at the first hint of snow. that's good though- cause no one here has any idea how to drive in snow, and we don't have plows or salt.

I took my PB out last night to listen to a friend play music at a local bar. It was an extraordinarily well-behaved puppy. One freshly charged puppy and one fresh carto lasted easily through two sets. Perfect for going out- no buttons to press, and it felt very natural. It was also the first time going out that i didn't have to bump my nic to higher levels after a couple of beers.

bigblue30

ECF Veteran
fibber...tell these nice people the truth. Michigan in fact only has two seasons...winter and road construction. it's a well known fact that as soon as things thaw out enough, orange barrels sprout up like weeds and excavation begins. also, in winter, we on the west side of the mitten get this lovely phenomenon called lake effect snow. winds come over Lake Michigan, pick up moisture, and dumps it on land. i've seen 3" of snow hit the ground in a 15 minute time span...i hate this state...

And I thought we had 4 seasons... June, July August, and winter

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Unless, of course, you meant that you are now listening to smooth Jazz, and not KROQ type music anymore... LOL!!

good heavens woman...are you insane????? oh....right......cat......nevermind

WHAT??!! Moi??? You know what they say: If it's too Loud, you're too F'ing Old!! And I ain't never gonna grow up... the only problem with getting older is that the guys in the bands I like are, too!! LOL!!

I still love The Tubes, even though there are only 3 original members left and they can't afford all of the wild stage shows anymore, but they play a small club here in town once in a while, and I never miss them... :thumb:

Here's some pics a friend took with his cell phone last time (note the title - ha!):

Old punks on booze... | Facebook

Last edited:

RedDeath5

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2010
St Joe, MI
i actually enjoy the snow and cold over the absurd heat and humidity...might have something to do with spending 13 months between kuwait and iraq...plus i'm one of those rare people who actually know how to drive in that crap and realize that i may be able to accelerate easily, but stopping 2 tons of steel on ice requires long distances and gentle application of brakes.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
i actually enjoy the snow and cold over the absurd heat and humidity...might have something to do with spending 13 months between kuwait and iraq...plus i'm one of those rare people who actually know how to drive in that crap and realize that i may be able to accelerate easily, but stopping 2 tons of steel on ice requires long distances and gentle application of brakes.

You have no idea what heat is till you've been in the valley when its 120* in the shade. All the asfault and concrette absorb the heat and are hot till after midnight.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
you forgot one thing Low.....everything is also on fire and the wind is blowing 45mph! I have seen it burn literally so the water line at Malibu beach....from SanFran Valley throught Simi Valley and the Santa Susana Mtns then through the Sespe wilderness and all the way to Malibu.....pretty scary. Then again...I have also seen snow on Malibu beach......it's no wonder they call CA the land of fruits and nutss :) I mean the weather alone would cause PTSD........and yes........it rains like hell in So Cal.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
you forgot one thing Low.....everything is also on fire and the wind is blowing 45mph! I have seen it burn literally so the water line at Malibu beach....from SanFran Valley throught Simi Valley and the Santa Susana Mtns then through the Sespe wilderness and all the way to Malibu.....pretty scary. Then again...I have also seen snow on Malibu beach......it's no wonder they call CA the land of fruits and nutss :) I mean the weather alone would cause PTSD........and yes........it rains like hell in So Cal.

All very true. I got chased put of reseda by fire a couple years ago. I was recovering from bronchitis, woke up couging like crazy at 3 in the morning. Figured, I'll go outside for some fresh air. Went out side, took a big breath...of ash! It looked like an effing nuclear winter. Could barely see through the smoke and ash. Scary.

RedDeath5

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2010
St Joe, MI
You have no idea what heat is till you've been in the valley when its 120* in the shade. All the asfault and concrette absorb the heat and are hot till after midnight.

really? when we got off the plane in Kuwait in Sept 02, it was 130ish...on the tarmac. the tents we lived in in kuwait had air conditioning that broughtthe temps down to a nice cool 95. the inside of a bradley fighting vehicle can hit temps in excess of 165 degrees...i believe you were saying something funny?

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yeah, what he said above...

Well, you're HALF right... The 'WAVE' is @ 94.7... where KMET used to be, but KROQ is still in the same place it always was on the FM dial... 106.7!!

Unless, of course, you meant that you are now listening to smooth Jazz, and not KROQ type music anymore... LOL!!

OOps.. I trusted that she remembered correctly. Haven't listened to KROQ for years so I didn't remember. I'm all over the spectrum now. Mostly old rock and roll, 60s n early 70s. NOT KRTH. Lots of Jazz but not the WAVE. Old Jazz. Rarely listen to radio at all. Mostly iPod stuff.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
really? when we got off the plane in Kuwait in Sept 02, it was 130ish...on the tarmac. the tents we lived in in kuwait had air conditioning that broughtthe temps down to a nice cool 95. the inside of a bradley fighting vehicle can hit temps in excess of 165 degrees...i believe you were saying something funny?

Was only refferencing MI. Sorry, was just waking up and forgot you were in the gulf.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
fair enough. all is forgiven. although 120 in the desert is a completely different animal than 99 with 70% relative humidity. nothing like getting out of the shower, wringing out your towel, drying off, and trying to put wet clothes onto wet sweaty skin.

I'm glad your we're cool. Have a shot of Mezcal, that's what I'm having. :toast:

BTW, stu didn't want that eGo mega cart full of Inovapor juice. If you still want it I'll send it out and a sample of my Keoke coffee VG 30mg if you want.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
i'll take it if he don't want it...and i still haven't come up with a decent answer when people thank me for my service. "You're welcome" seems almost condescending to me, and after everything the Army drilled into me about selfless service, i can't help but to be humble about it.

If you don't mind my suggestion, 'No Problem' fits the bill. Thta's what I usually say when people say TY to me.

I'll send you a package on tuesday. I'll send a couple of my DIYs in it if you don't mind giving me your oppinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread