The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Pitbull Beta Test Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'SmokeStik' started by lorikay13, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. CES

CES optimistic cynic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    I lived in Detroit when i was a kid. I ice-skated to school one day. Yuck. Here in Ala, they close schools at the first hint of snow. that's good though- cause no one here has any idea how to drive in snow, and we don't have plows or salt.

I took my PB out last night to listen to a friend play music at a local bar. It was an extraordinarily well-behaved puppy. One freshly charged puppy and one fresh carto lasted easily through two sets. Perfect for going out- no buttons to press, and it felt very natural. It was also the first time going out that i didn't have to bump my nic to higher levels after a couple of beers.

2. bigblue30

bigblue30 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

May 10, 2010
    Saint Clair Shores
    And I thought we had 4 seasons... June, July August, and winter

3. RedDeath5

RedDeath5 Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2010
    St Joe, MI
    nah...july and august are all one long, muggy, sweaty tourist and mosquito filled month.

4. spacekitty

spacekitty Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5 Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2010
    SoCal, USA
    WHAT??!! Moi??? You know what they say: If it's too Loud, you're too F'ing Old!! And I ain't never gonna grow up... the only problem with getting older is that the guys in the bands I like are, too!! LOL!!

I still love The Tubes, even though there are only 3 original members left and they can't afford all of the wild stage shows anymore, but they play a small club here in town once in a while, and I never miss them... :thumb:

Here's some pics a friend took with his cell phone last time (note the title - ha!):

Old punks on booze... | Facebook

5. susie22321

susie22321 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    St. Clair Shores, MI
    Old punks on booze, lol.

Red, I'm familiar with the much beloved NOT lake effect snow :) My bro has lived in Grand Rapids for 30 years. Yuck.

I like May through October. The rest of the time, I'd rather live south, way west....or Caribbean

6. RedDeath5

Aug 16, 2010
    St Joe, MI
    i actually enjoy the snow and cold over the absurd heat and humidity...might have something to do with spending 13 months between kuwait and iraq...plus i'm one of those rare people who actually know how to drive in that crap and realize that i may be able to accelerate easily, but stopping 2 tons of steel on ice requires long distances and gentle application of brakes.

7. LowThudd

LowThudd Vaping Master ECF Veteran

You have no idea what heat is till you've been in the valley when its 120* in the shade. All the asfault and concrette absorb the heat and are hot till after midnight.

8. lorikay13

lorikay13 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    you forgot one thing Low.....everything is also on fire and the wind is blowing 45mph! I have seen it burn literally so the water line at Malibu beach....from SanFran Valley throught Simi Valley and the Santa Susana Mtns then through the Sespe wilderness and all the way to Malibu.....pretty scary. Then again...I have also seen snow on Malibu beach......it's no wonder they call CA the land of fruits and nutss :) I mean the weather alone would cause PTSD........and yes........it rains like hell in So Cal.

9. LowThudd

All very true. I got chased put of reseda by fire a couple years ago. I was recovering from bronchitis, woke up couging like crazy at 3 in the morning. Figured, I'll go outside for some fresh air. Went out side, took a big breath...of ash! It looked like an effing nuclear winter. Could barely see through the smoke and ash. Scary.

10. lorikay13

lorikay13 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    then the San Andreas cracks open......we get 4" of rain in 24hrs and houses start sliding down the hills and falling into the cracks......god I miss California!!!

11. LowThudd

You forgot about the freak hail storms that happen everyonce in a while. 60mph winds knocking over trees, opposum road kill all over the place, and you gotta love the west nile carrying mosquitos when there is a wet year. I gotta...

12. RedDeath5

Aug 16, 2010
    St Joe, MI
    really? when we got off the plane in Kuwait in Sept 02, it was 130ish...on the tarmac. the tents we lived in in kuwait had air conditioning that broughtthe temps down to a nice cool 95. the inside of a bradley fighting vehicle can hit temps in excess of 165 degrees...i believe you were saying something funny?

13. HyOnLyph

HyOnLyph Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2010
    Orange County, CA
    OOps.. I trusted that she remembered correctly. Haven't listened to KROQ for years so I didn't remember. I'm all over the spectrum now. Mostly old rock and roll, 60s n early 70s. NOT KRTH. Lots of Jazz but not the WAVE. Old Jazz. Rarely listen to radio at all. Mostly iPod stuff.

14. LowThudd

Was only refferencing MI. Sorry, was just waking up and forgot you were in the gulf.

15. RedDeath5

Aug 16, 2010
    St Joe, MI
    fair enough. all is forgiven. although 120 in the desert is a completely different animal than 99 with 70% relative humidity. nothing like getting out of the shower, wringing out your towel, drying off, and trying to put wet clothes onto wet sweaty skin.

16. LowThudd

I'm glad your we're cool. Have a shot of Mezcal, that's what I'm having. :toast:

BTW, stu didn't want that eGo mega cart full of Inovapor juice. If you still want it I'll send it out and a sample of my Keoke coffee VG 30mg if you want.

17. LowThudd

Oh, and thank you very much for your service. :headbang:

18. susie22321

susie22321 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    St. Clair Shores, MI
    What he said, Red :)

19. RedDeath5

Aug 16, 2010
    St Joe, MI
    i'll take it if he don't want it...and i still haven't come up with a decent answer when people thank me for my service. "You're welcome" seems almost condescending to me, and after everything the Army drilled into me about selfless service, i can't help but to be humble about it.

20. LowThudd

If you don't mind my suggestion, 'No Problem' fits the bill. Thta's what I usually say when people say TY to me.

I'll send you a package on tuesday. I'll send a couple of my DIYs in it if you don't mind giving me your oppinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.