spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
didn't someone once do a song called "dead Puppies"

hmmmmmmm......

Yes, back in the 70's... They were called Ogden Edsl (no, that's not a typo!) and could frequently be heard on the Dr. Demento radio show here in CA. He eventually went syndicated!! I think they just stopped broadcasting his show this year, but you can still find him on the Internet...

Sorry, but I just couldn't let that go by without posting a LIVE version of the original band!! :banana:

And I couldn't resist adding another fave from Dr. D's playlist... "Fish Heads," by the duo of Art and Artie Barnes (a.k.a. Robert Haimer and Bill Mumy) Yes, THAT Bill (Billy) Mumy... child star of Lost in Space and several Twilight Zone episodes!! He still plays around town sometimes with bands under various names...

Last edited:

spacekitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Isn't dr d where weird all got his start/inspiration?

Yeah, pretty much... now that were already :offtopic: , do you remember the TV show Weird Al had on for a little while? Very forgettable, cheap imitation of PeeWee Herman's show...

Dr. Demento (Barry Hanson) started out playing just the oldies from the 20's thru the 60's, and then started throwing in some of the newer stuff... I saw his live stage show at The Troubadour in the early 70's with a friend, who later got one of his songs played on the air!! :thumb:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
btw.....peoples.....dont suffer in silence!!!! If you feel there is an issue with your PB PLEASE tell us. We wont take it away from you without replacing it. But it is very important for us to know the long term behaivor as well....some problems may take time to surface.....so you really are doing us a favor by identifying them. Even if it seems trivial or perceptual.....let us know. You have all been through SS bootcamp.....we trust you. You ARE the customer after all.....and that is who buys stuff....not the laboratory. :)

You can always PM me or Bill as well if you dont want to post.

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
define "weird" please?

spacekitty.....I grew up and spent half my life in the SanFran Valley....teenager in the 70's. Remember KROQ?

"94.7...little bit of heaven...KMET...tweedle dee" hehe

94.7??? haha I remember KROQ... now it's the WAVE smooth jazz. Definitely NOT KROQ.

spacekitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
define "weird" please?

"Weird scenes inside the gold mine..." ?? (the Doors)

spacekitty.....I grew up and spent half my life in the SanFran Valley....teenager in the 70's. Remember KROQ?

WoW!! Small world!! KROQ is still around... LOL!! In the 70's they were simulcast in AM & FM and I had a Co. car that only had an AM radio... listening to them was the only thing that kept me sane... sort of!! 8-o

Good memory!! But you got it backwards... "Little bit of heaven... 94.7"

So, you really aren't a whole lot younger than me... :shock: and here I thought you were just a mere pup!!

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
define "weird" please?

Still living in the valley(unfortunately, Like..Ya know?), been here all my life. The valley is not what it used to be. It is getting as congested as down town LA very quickly. And yep, I remember KRoq, pretty sure they are still on the air, but I don't listen to the radio. Desperately want to move to HI. Wearing Aloha shirts in anticipation.

spacekitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Yeah, what he said above...

94.7??? haha I remember KROQ... now it's the WAVE smooth jazz. Definitely NOT KROQ.

Well, you're HALF right... The 'WAVE' is @ 94.7... where KMET used to be, but KROQ is still in the same place it always was on the FM dial... 106.7!!

Unless, of course, you meant that you are now listening to smooth Jazz, and not KROQ type music anymore... LOL!!

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
This is the wave and it was created in the kingdome by Seahawks fans of which I no longer am.:)
009801cafe5d841e1ca069E0FD48.gif
:)

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
how we can "bend" reality to make it fit faulty theology?

now THAT sounds like something that should have a quantum equation attached to it. I love it!

Unless, of course, you meant that you are now listening to smooth Jazz, and not KROQ type music anymore... LOL!!

good heavens woman...are you insane????? oh....right......cat......nevermind

RedDeath5

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2010
St Joe, MI
Well. Perhaps. We have seasons....unfortunately. No, I lied. Three of them are good. One sucks.

fibber...tell these nice people the truth. Michigan in fact only has two seasons...winter and road construction. it's a well known fact that as soon as things thaw out enough, orange barrels sprout up like weeds and excavation begins. also, in winter, we on the west side of the mitten get this lovely phenomenon called lake effect snow. winds come over Lake Michigan, pick up moisture, and dumps it on land. i've seen 3" of snow hit the ground in a 15 minute time span...i hate this state...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread