Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
That's the same with me lately, nothing tastes right. Food tastes fine, but my juices taste either wrong or unpleasant. I wish I had some unflavored right now. I guess I'll buy some.

It passes, but it certainly is infuriating while it's present. Considering how long I smoked, I suppose my tastebuds will be healing for quite some time. That "Smocha" that I make is a good thing for me to vape while suffering it; the coffee taste is strong, and generally cuts right thru the tastebuds' fog. Also, I ordered some of the blueberry muffin ejuice I vaped when I first switched away from tobacco flavor; it's one of the very few bought juices that I can actually taste, though I do sweeten it a bit more. ;)

Andria

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
It passes, but it certainly is infuriating while it's present. Considering how long I smoked, I suppose my tastebuds will be healing for quite some time. That "Smocha" that I make is a good thing for me to vape while suffering it; the coffee taste is strong, and generally cuts right thru the tastebuds' fog. Also, I ordered some of the blueberry muffin ejuice I vaped when I first switched away from tobacco flavor; it's one of the very few bought juices that I can actually taste, though I do sweeten it a bit more. ;)

Andria
I'm going to order more menthol and maybe some unflavored. :/ I hope whatever's going on with my taste buds clears up. The Nicoticket juices still appeal to me flavorwise but I only have small amounts in 6 mg. I'm vaping 18 mg and some 24 mg mixed in.

Reactions: Thayamax

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
after years of vaping I still smoke....I just can't seem to make much headway.

At least you haven't given up on vaping and probably smoke less than you would without it. Some just need a stronger motivator to give them up. If you're happy being a dual user then it's not a problem, but if you're really wanting to quit maybe you need something more than what you're doing now. How much do you smoke and how much do you vape? What's you're nic strength and equipment?

Reactions: beebopnjazz

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
Oh I've been vaping for over 4 years, and I've tried a helluva alot...up and down the nic scale,drippers gennys, kayfuns....WTAs, but I keep going back to the analogs....I don't think I'm addicted to nicotine so much as the WTAs....which are not relly good for you, but probablly better than smoking..I need to get some more WTAs....everyone really wants to quit smoking but how....

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I've been going through a phase for a week or so where everything tastes blah. Not really vapor's tongue since I can taste my juices, just not as much as usual. I guess I need some different juice....again. :facepalm:

That's exactly why I ordered the blueberry muffin ejuice; I've been vaping my strawberry and cream almost exclusively since about mid-December, and I think "tastebud fatigue" is setting in. The stuff is great, but after so long with very little variance, it becomes hard to taste.

Andria

Reactions: Thayamax

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
I've been going through a phase for a week or so where everything tastes blah. Not really vapor's tongue since I can taste my juices, just not as much as usual. I guess I need some different juice....again. :facepalm:
That happens to me far too frequently, which is why I have so much dang juice. :laugh: I've already sent two 5lb boxes to the emergency assistance folks and have a third about ready to go. :facepalm:

Seems I only like premium/high priced juice too, and can't afford to keep buying juice at those prices. So, today I spent approx $60 on DIY equipment and ingredients. I hope I can make some juice I like and finally save some mula! ;)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Oh I've been vaping for over 4 years, and I've tried a helluva alot...up and down the nic scale,drippers gennys, kayfuns....WTAs, but I keep going back to the analogs....I don't think I'm addicted to nicotine so much as the WTAs....which are not relly good for you, but probablly better than smoking..I need to get some more WTAs....everyone really wants to quit smoking but how....

The WTA has been a godsend for me, but it won't help psychological addiction much if at all -- it does help with stress, so in that way it might help the psychological addiction, but it does seem more helpful if the cravings are actually physical.

The thing I tried to keep in mind *every minute* when I had that relapse last summer, was, what do I really want? do I want to be a non-smoker? Or do I want to stay tied to that ball and chain for the rest of my life? If I really want to be a non-smoker, I have to non-smoke. Just no other way to get there. Since I already had enjoyed a bit over 3.5 months of being a non-smoker, I knew that was what I really wanted, so I had to do whatever was necessary to make it happen. I managed to finally lay them back down, and then 10 days later, here came the same godawful cravings that made me have the relapse in the first place -- but by then, I'd acquired some WTA; the next morning, I added it to my vape, and that evening, I realized... I hadn't had a craving all day. And haven't had any more since then either, despite gradually reducing the percentage of WTA.

Andria

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
The WTA has been a godsend for me, but it won't help psychological addiction much if at all -- it does help with stress, so in that way it might help the psychological addiction, but it does seem more helpful if the cravings are actually physical.

The thing I tried to keep in mind *every minute* when I had that relapse last summer, was, what do I really want? do I want to be a non-smoker? Or do I want to stay tied to that ball and chain for the rest of my life? If I really want to be a non-smoker, I have to non-smoke. Just no other way to get there. Since I already had enjoyed a bit over 3.5 months of being a non-smoker, I knew that was what I really wanted, so I had to do whatever was necessary to make it happen. I managed to finally lay them back down, and then 10 days later, here came the same godawful cravings that made me have the relapse in the first place -- but by then, I'd acquired some WTA; the next morning, I added it to my vape, and that evening, I realized... I hadn't had a craving all day. And haven't had any more since then either, despite gradually reducing the percentage of WTA.

Andria
it's the only thing that takes my cravinga away but even a little bit taste like crap...a small price to pay I suppose.

FL Lori

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
Port St Lucie, Florida
Hello everyone, mind if I join you? I started vaping here and there about a year ago. I didn't get really far. I had a ego c with some evods and an i taste. It really didnt do it so I still smoked alot. Then i spent two weeks in the hospital and as soon as i came out I lit up. Felt like Crap, saw the disappointment in my families face. Decided to try vaping again, up graded my gear a bit. Now I vape for days without smoking and some days I smoke and vape a little. It's been a journey. Im down to a few packs a week. I'm losing steam though. Juices are my issue now. I've spent alot of money trying juices online that i dont like. Twice I've found a juice that i like but it's always some small shop and after ordering the 3 or 4th bottle it's no longer vapeable. It's like someone different makes it, so it's their own recipe so some bottles are great and others are yucky. Im discouraged a bit because there are just too many online spots to order from. I do not want to end up with more bottles of juices i dont use. The juice I have now is blah. It's okay not good but not nasty either. It also makes my nose run. So im dual at the moment....wishing I had tasty juice that tasted the same every bottle.
welcome to the group. I see you got the suggestion of trading juices.

Hi Lori, nice ta meet ya! Sorry, I know nothing about TC. Except what ai just learned from Thaya. ;)
Ditto and Ditto! I may just have juice ADD. :facepalm:

Nice to meet you too.

I know I can't take part in the swaps, but it looks like a great thread for those wanting to try new juice flavours.
Juice is one thing I don't have to worry about at the moment. I spent a while today checking out my stock, and reducing the nic in all of it from 18 mg to 12 mg. The iClears and Vivis deliver juice so much better than the Vision clearos, and the MVP 20w delivers more than enough power to make that juice taste good.
Added bonus: I've only had 9 cigs today.
. Good to see you Delores

@AndriaD thanks for linking me to this page, and for being supportive and helpful from day one of my journey.

Ok, some of you may already know what's going on but I'm sure some of you don't so I will fill you in. It's been nearly a year since I "quit" analogs. I can't say I fully quit, because if I'm drinking heavily, I still tend to crave, or even have an analog here and there. I was one of the people that would beat myself up for this, but over time realised one here and there is still better then the 1+ PAD I used to smoke. So my dad, at 60 years old had bloodwork done and the doctors suspected he had multiple myeloma. Today was his biopsy and they confirmed it, and believe it to be stage 2 or possibly stage 3 terminal. We won't know for a week or so for sure, but it is definently cancer. The issue I am having now is I'm scared I will return to full time smoking. ive been doing really good staying away from analogs, but this is the first time I've been put in this situation since I quit, and I'm afraid of how I'm going to react, especially if it ends up being stage 3. It isint helping that everyone I work with smokes. so that's where I'm at.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Be good to you!!

The nic sick is horrible; the first I tried was 18mg, gack! Then I tried some 12mg, also gack, it just took a little longer. Finally got some 6mg and was able to start vaping regularly. I was up to 10mg in Kayfuns a few months ago, but since I got my Achilles RDAs, I've gone down to 9mg just because the Achilles has TH like crazy. Once I'm finally done with the WTA and stable, I think I'll try to get down to about 5mg for the cold months, to see if it helps my miserably cold hands and feet.

It didn't take me long either, to figure out that with too much VG, I simply can't breathe. I thought it was because of my asthma, but other asthmatics around here can't handle PG at all, so I dunno, I just can't inhale much VG or it clogs my lungs up completely.

Andria
. I have heard it both ways. I am an asthmetic also. I can't handle any pg. But I have also been told of the direct opposite. Many places will make your juicethe way you need it.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
it's the only thing that takes my cravinga away but even a little bit taste like crap...a small price to pay I suppose.

When I started using it, I mixed it into my ejuice at 10% (24mg WTA); no idea what it tastes like. It smells a bit nutty. No way in hell would I vape it straight -- for one thing, 24mg would be more than twice as strong as I can tolerate (9 or 10 mg). And for another thing, I lost my taste for tobacco flavors about a year ago, just can't abide that taste anymore -- I like sweet fruity stuff, SOOOOOO much better than any tobacco ever grown.

Still don't know what WTA tastes like, but I'm now down to 2.6%. It'll be gone soon. :thumb:

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
. I have heard it both ways. I am an asthmetic also. I can't handle any pg. But I have also been told of the direct opposite. Many places will make your juicethe way you need it.

The only place I've found that even comes close is sweet-vapes.com, but even that is either 80% PG -- not enough -- or 90% -- too much. So I make my own. That blueberry muffin I'm expecting is 90% PG, 6mg; after I add a bit of WTA and some sweetener, it'll be at my preferred 86% Pg, 9mg, WTA, and sweet enough to suit me.

Andria

TxTigger

Sep 23, 2012
Texas, U.S.A.
Well I blew it and bought a pack of cigarettes on Tuesday because I had a medical appointment and I was very stressed out. It was also the first time I'd been out since I started vaping in March and I wasn't sure I'd have the nerve to vape outdoors (I know how silly that sounds). I didn't smoke any while I was out, I vaped. But when I got home I couldn't stop thinking about the cigarettes and I went ahead and smoked two of them. They tasted horrible but I still smoked two. Then today my anxiety has been bad and I finally smoked a third and I mustn't smoke with COPD!

I'm scared and I feel incredibly stupid and regretful. If I hadn't bought that pack I wouldn't be sitting here afraid I'll go back to smoking. And I should have bought WTA juice by now to try but the cravings had subsided until Tuesday. I just feel very stupid. Realistically I guess I'm not that scared because there's no way I can really survive anymore as a smoker. I don't think there's a chance I could go back to it full time.

You're not stupid. You just made a boo boo. But I know exactly what your talking about and how you feel. It's hard not to feel stupid when you're a grown up adult semi-intelligent person who keeps poisoning themselves, you kinda have ta question the "intelligent" part. lol Try to only beat yourself up for a day or so then let it go and start all over. Everyday is a chance for a new beginning of something and I've begun again a .... load of times. L:pervy: L
Truly,
Tiggs

Last edited:

TxTigger

Sep 23, 2012
Texas, U.S.A.
Well People,
After my dog had surgery ( which by the way went well and he does NOT have cancer. hip hip hoo-ray), I had a bunch of Dr appointments and then my niece totaled my car. So, now I'm busy trying to find a decent used car to by That should keep me very busy because I hate not having a car. Even if I don't go to a single stinkin place all day (which is usually the case) I just like the comfort of knowing I could go anywhere I wanted to at any time I feel like it and don't have to depend on other people to give me a ride. My sister has bee really cool about taking me to the few Dr apts that I've had and she lets me use her car on the weekends, but it's not the same. You know what I mean? Anyways, just thought I'd drop by and say Howdy and thank everyone for all the input and advice (especially Andria who always has so much good information) thank you all so much.
Truly Yours,
Tiggs

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Well People,
After my dog had surgery ( which by the way went well and he does NOT have cancer. hip hip hoo-ray), I had a bunch of Dr appointments and then my niece totaled my car. So, now I'm busy trying to find a decent used car to by That should keep me very busy because I hate not having a car. Even if I don't go to a single stinkin place all day (which is usually the case) I just like the comfort of knowing I could go anywhere I wanted to at any time I feel like it and don't have to depend on other people to give me a ride. My sister has bee really cool about taking me to the few Dr apts that I've had and she lets me use her car on the weekends, but it's not the same. You know what I mean? Anyways, just thought I'd drop by and say Howdy and thank everyone for all the input and advice (especially Andria who always has so much good information) thank you all so much.
Truly Yours,
Tiggs

I know just what you mean about not having a vehicle handy -- about 10 yrs ago when my husband wrecked his bike, he had to start using the car again, and it just about flipped me out.

Now that we live just 2.5 miles from where he works, I can have the truck anytime I need it, I just take him to work. Mostly I don't bother, since mostly I don't have anywhere I need or want to go. :D

Andria

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi all. This is only the second time I have been able to use my laptop pretty much all month. It is now crashing and will not boot up. Found out latest problem is something to do with an update on 8/19 where it can not boot up at all. Chrome does not have script errors for me at the moment. Thaya, the system restore you suggested did work today. We will see if it holds. Thank you.

Lots of activity here in August. Good to see new people here and welcome back to some old friends. You have been missed.

I have to say, Josh, I am so sorry about your dad. There are not words to say to ease your pain. The journey with your dad will be difficult, but know that you will find strength within that you never imagined you have. I agree with trying a strong cigalike to use when bad cravings hit or when around smokers. It may be enough to help with the urge to smoke. Hang in there.

Reactions: rangerrobin

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Hi, Shari, welcome back to the cyber world! :) I wondered when you would show up. I was starting to think you'd had another surgery and were incapacitated. :(

In all fairness, @rangerrobin was the one who first suggested using System Restore on your computer, I just agreed with her. I'm glad it's working for you and hopefully it continues. If not, you'd better dust off the old wallet and spring for a new laptop. We need you around here. :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread