Not open for further replies.

Mattdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Chicago
This reminds me to ask the thread at large:

I've ordered "HS tobacco flavoring concentrate (essence)" and now I'm wondering if this is a tobacco flavor, or more like a tobacco absolute.

Any ideas?

As far as flavor goes, the Hangsens are true tobacco flavor like the tobacco absolute. I would bet they're exctracted from real tobacco.

The couple of Hangsen I have are way better than TA. I would have never messed with tobacco absolute had I found these first. Hangsen's gives way more flavor at lower percentages. TA, by the time you mix enough in there to get a flavor, leaves so much residue on the coil.

Reactions: FinallyQuit

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
My fav so far is a combination of HS flavors. Came out rather good I think. It may be a work in progress, but for now I like it as it is.

HS Combo.jpg

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
This reminds me to ask the thread at large:

I've ordered "HS tobacco flavoring concentrate (essence)" and now I'm wondering if this is a tobacco flavor, or more like a tobacco absolute.

Any ideas?

It's tobacco flavoring with added tobacco essence. Not considered a TA.

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
Thanks for your kind replies! So I'll just mix it at 3% and wait a week, then see what it tastes like. This will be a big surprise.

Tonight I'm going to break out all my testers mixed up over the weekend, especially excited for strawberry and coconut, I need to start making my own Tigers Blood. The vape-store near my house says "it should be a lot more expensive; do you know how much work it is chasing down tigers?" Hardy-har-har. . .:p

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
My fav so far is a combination of HS flavors. Came out rather good I think. It may be a work in progress, but for now I like it as it is.

View attachment 489809

Oplholic:
This could help you out since from the pic it looks like you scale your ingredients. I plugged in these numbers into the tools part in my ejuicemeup calc. My first nic buy was 50/50 48mg and thats what I'm use to using. My juices do taste much better now that I scale with the right weights for the bases.

Weight of PG: 1.038 grams per ml
Weight of VG: 1.26 grams per ml
Weight of Pure Nicotine: 1.01 grams per ml
Weight of 100mg in PG: 1.0352 grams per ml
Weight of 100mg in VG: 1.235 grams per ml
48mg 50VG/50PG based nicotine solution 1.14 grams per ml.
Flavors range of .93g per ml to 1.07g per ml.

I also see your set for 60pg and 40vg for the target, just checkin if thats right or maybe have the numbers backwards or you like lots of throat hit.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
As far as flavor goes, the Hangsens are true tobacco flavor like the tobacco absolute. I would bet they're exctracted from real tobacco.

The couple of Hangsen I have are way better than TA. I would have never messed with tobacco absolute had I found these first. Hangsen's gives way more flavor at lower percentages. TA, by the time you mix enough in there to get a flavor, leaves so much residue on the coil.

They are in fact nets.

Molecularly distilled nets so they are very clean. They have their own facility and also extract their own nicotine.

Hangsen uses three types of tobacco for its net bases that they build tobacco flavors from.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Thanks for your kind replies! So I'll just mix it at 3% and wait a week, then see what it tastes like. This will be a big surprise.

Tonight I'm going to break out all my testers mixed up over the weekend, especially excited for strawberry and coconut, I need to start making my own Tigers Blood. The vape-store near my house says "it should be a lot more expensive; do you know how much work it is chasing down tigers?" Hardy-har-har. . .:p

Always taste right away before you steep or you will not have a baseline to compare the steep progress with.

Reactions: Slots

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
They are in fact nets.

Molecularly distilled nets so they are very clean. They have their own facility and also extract their own nicotine.

Hangsen uses three types of tobacco for its net bases that they build tobacco flavors from.

That's interesting. I always though of them as flavoring with real tobacco essence. I always though that NET's were far more tobacco extract intensive and kinda mono tasting locked into the tobacco it was distilled from..

Last edited:

Mattdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Chicago
They are in fact nets.

Right on. But how do they get that flavor so concentrated? I'm using %3.5 USA Red Mix in 80/20 pg/vg and I'm getting just the right amount for myself. (it hasn't even aged yet). If I use my NET at that same perecntage, I get a sweet/weak (but good) tobacco flavor and the color is way lighter. My guess is there's some other flavor carrier/enhancer involved in the HS.

So, by chance do you know which tobaccos they use?

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Right on. But how do they get that flavor so concentrated? I'm using %3.5 USA Red Mix in 80/20 pg/vg and I'm getting just the right amount for myself. (it hasn't even aged yet). If I use my NET at that same perecntage, I get a sweet/weak (but good) tobacco flavor and the color is way lighter. My guess is there's some other flavor carrier/enhancer involved in the HS.

And I think you would be right. I also think it's not 100% NET.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL

Its a molecularly distilled net that becomes a concentrate they use.

I also use 3.5% on most all the hangsen tobaccos. (Lung hits)

I posted links here in the past to all the information. But no they are not like your nets .. Hangsen calls them extracts and they are naturally extracted without chemicals. The molecular distillation is far and above any home methods of making a net.

I can search the thread to find them. I'm thinking of two.. Let me look.

Reactions: Mattdogg

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Is there a Hangsen tobacco concentrate that is easy on coils? / minimal residue/gunk?
My meager opinion :blush:
I vape the Arabic, Desert Ship, Gold and Silver, Flue Cured, Indian, Golden V1, RY4, Tab Blended, and Highway.
They are all good, and none of them gunk the coils on their own ...
They are my favorites, and in my opinion, the best tobacco flavors compared to all the different company's out there.
I don't like a heavy strong tobacco, so they suit my style around 5%.
The Gold and Silver, and the Golden V1 need at least 8% for me.
You will have a hard time beating HS tobacco flavors, and their Desert Ship is better than anyone else's.
OK, off the soapbox :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread