Status
Not open for further replies.

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit
I've never tried the HS RY3. I might have to give it a whirl, the next time I order flavors. None of the RY4's have ever done it for me. I've tried HS RY4, TFA RY4 Double, & TFA RY4 Asian. Must just be my taste buds.

I enjoy HS RY1 & HS Indian in equal parts, as a tobacco base. Might add just a touch of something sweet like Vanilla for Pipe if I want to sweeten it up a hint.

I've recently discovered a blend that is quickly becoming one of my favorites. 2 parts HS Desert Ship and 1 part FLV Red Burley. Pardon the 'parts' but 90% of my mixing is tank mixing. I make just about everything in single flavor 5% (or so) mixes. When it's time to fill a tank, I'll go 2 eye droppers of this, 1 eye dropper of that, and 1/2 an eye dropper of something else. I guess I've gotten a little lazy in my mixing habits. If I hit upon a combo that works well, then I'll get the scale & flavors, and try to duplicate it as a recipe.

As I've gotten older, the value of 'easy' has increased.

Twins Win

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2018
If you like a vanilla that is not as heavy as other flavor makers their Vanilla flavor is delicious even as a stand alone @ 6%. it is very creamy. Actually vaping it now.

:)
Very cool. I recently got Vanilla and Australia Chocolate. I was going to test them out at 2% per. I guess I could go higher on the Vanilla. Would you happen to know if the chocolate be safe at 3 or 4%?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Very cool. I recently got Vanilla and Australia Chocolate. I was going to test them out at 2% per. I guess I could go higher on the Vanilla. Would you happen to know if the chocolate be safe at 3 or 4%?
I have not tried their chocolate. But that % sounds reasonable as a starting point. Are you mixing stand alone flavoring recipes or using them as sort of a helper to another flavor?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Just stand alone for now.
In my experience the chocolate I have used/tried have always had long steep times to fully develop. Don't know about this one because their vanilla is the only one I have. I was pleasantly surprised that the vanilla was tasting great after about a week or so. Most vanilla's also have long steep times if used as standalones. Don't be afraid to go to 5 or 6%. I don't think you should worry until you get past 10% or so as some standalone flavoring(when too much is used) are muted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread