Status
Not open for further replies.

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
RY1 will be more cig like with no sweetness, the further down the line the R's go the sweeter they get- you may want to try RY3, once my RY2 is done steeping I will let you know how that turns out :toast:

Let us know. I find RY3 to be slightly sweet but actually closer to RY1 than to RY4. I know that sounds crazy but at least to my taste buds there is a bigger jump in "sweetness" from RY3 to RY4 than the other numbers. I like them all though...

Norman

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I see you went without any additional cocoa note. it appears that youd say that the T5 has that component already included, or is perhaps unnecessary. i for one never detected any cocoa until someone pointed it out to me. and even still, i usually dont taste it.
Arabic has a very nice cocoa taste.

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
Hangsen is my favorite DIY flavoring. I mix my tobacco flavors at 5%-8%.

If I had to have only one d.i.y flavoring company I might choose Hangsen Essence also. I like USA Mix (both "normal" and "Red"), all the RY*s, and Tab Blended was my main vape for a long time and it's still one I go back to for long stretches.

Norman

Steven Pye

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Herkimer NY
Nice thread Steve. Hey if you want a nuttier taste, go with the Hangsen Highway. T5 has more of a tobacco taste along with a hint of nut. The Highway is sweeter and nuttier.

nice pointer- this helps out a lot, I was trying to narrow down what the Highway flavor was, I think I will be trying both in the future.
:2cool:

Steven Pye

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Herkimer NY
Has anyone tried their Shade or 7 Leaves Ultimate? I placed an order for these two + MTS Wizard from MFS just yesterday. Just trying to get a general idea of what to expect with taste profiles/%'s.

Hi there!
I think these are Flavour Art flavors- this is a Hangsen thread so you may not find out much about them here. You might find them in a Flavour Art thread if one is on ECF (I am not sure it there is one)

I do own the MTS Vape Wizard that you ordered, that stuff is a gem, adding to your tobacco flavors at about 1% will provided a nice smoothness and also enhance the taste of your tobacco.

Hope that helps!
:vapor:

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
Hi there!
I think these are Flavour Art flavors- this is a Hangsen thread so you may not find out much about them here. You might find them in a Flavour Art thread if one is on ECF (I am not sure it there is one)

I do own the MTS Vape Wizard that you ordered, that stuff is a gem, adding to your tobacco flavors at about 1% will provided a nice smoothness and also enhance the taste of your tobacco.

Hope that helps!
:vapor:

:facepalm:

oops lol. Thanks for the response, stupid me.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I've got them (and others) in my cart at ECX.

Questions:

If you've tried TFA's Juicy Peach, how does HS's compare?
Cream: is it sweet? heavy (like bavarians & custards)? or light (like whipped creams)? Is it buttery?
Hangsen's Juicy Peach is incredible at 3%. Tastes exactly like a peach. TFA has more of a chemical artificial taste to me. HS JP is so realistic, I can actually taste a hint of citric acid. I find a lot of their fruit flavors are more realistic than the other manufacturers.

The Cream reminds me more of a cream soda type. I prefer vaping this as a stand alone rather than a mixer.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Let us know. I find RY3 to be slightly sweet but actually closer to RY1 than to RY4. I know that sounds crazy but at least to my taste buds there is a bigger jump in "sweetness" from RY3 to RY4 than the other numbers. I like them all though...

Norman

I could be wrong, but I think the numbers should be thought of as different recipes and not variations of the same thing. The ry4 usually has a tobacco base with caramel, vanilla, nut, and sweeteners (see the ry4 thread for examples). I think the confusion comes in when vendors put out a series of numbers with the ry in front, and they actually are variations of the basic ry4 recipe.

All I know is the hangsen ry1 seems to be straight ahead tobacco and ry4 is a variation of the original ry4 recipe.

Edit: Looks like I was wrong in my assumption lol. According to the descriptions on this page, they are variations on the original ry4. I still say ry1 is miles away from ry4 though. :vapor:
http://www.hkhangsen.com/products-10.html?page=11

Last edited:

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles

yuck.gif

Reactions: Steven Pye

kbalz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
Kentucky Florence Y'All
I've been reading a lot of good things about hangsen. I'm new to diy and have only tried a few from TFA from WL . Though the price at first glance for hangsen seems a bit more for 10 or so ml , it seems that you would use a smaller % when mixing so you would get more miles per ml compared to TFA . Would this be a correct assumption ? Also based on what i've researched this is a Chinese made flavoring right? If so is there any concerns as far as that goes? Thank you for your input. Excited about trying hangsen

Steven Pye

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Herkimer NY

Steven Pye

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Herkimer NY
I've been reading a lot of good things about hangsen. I'm new to diy and have only tried a few from TFA from WL . Though the price at first glance for hangsen seems a bit more for 10 or so ml , it seems that you would use a smaller % when mixing so you would get more miles per ml compared to TFA . Would this be a correct assumption ? Also based on what i've researched this is a Chinese made flavoring right? If so is there any concerns as far as that goes? Thank you for your input. Excited about trying hangsen

you are right that for the higher price you will use a lower %, so you would get more mileage out of the concentrate.

Hangsen is Chinese, but I don't think this should be of concern, they are a pretty well respected company and a good number of folks in the vape community use their DIY and premixed juices.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread