Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Cerotank: 2.8ml
GS Air: 2.5ml
Kabuki: +/- 2ml

There are certainly pros and cons to small tanks vs. capacity. Good to have some of each type!

Guys is there anywhere on ECF that has a listing of the cross compatibility of tanks and coils.

Krissssssssssssma. I love the idea. And since you're now finished with your project, start a thread on this very subject.

I have a feeling tho, that most tanks will want their own coils and that as of yet, there's not too much cross over. But you're half way to expert status on it by now.

Start the thread.

:thumbs:

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia

There are certainly pros and cons to small tanks vs. capacity. Good to have some of each type!

Krissssssssssssma. I love the idea. And since you're now finished with your project, start a thread on this very subject.

I have a feeling tho, that most tanks will want their own coils and that as of yet, there's not too much cross over. But you're half way to expert status on it by now.

Start the thread.

I only know about the aspire BVC coils. :(

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY

Yes...the Cero does hold more than some of the "regular sized" tanks, and that was definitely a draw. Guess I got a little spoiled with the GS M though! One of the lovely things about the Cero is that it takes the Aspire BVC and BDC coils...and also the Kanger DCs. Pretty sweet. I saw somewhere on ECF that Anyvape made a "mega" version of the Cero...but I don't know where one would get one.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Oh bull ....... ummmmmmm. oh Oscar Meyer.

You know coils, deary!

Welp, I'd be happy to join you in the thread venture. I'm also interested (muchly!) in this topic. Give it a think and we can put our little coil heads together.

(ba dum bum)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
So if I wanted to try single coils in my aerotank mega the T3S coils would be the ones to use?

If it works with Kanger PT1/2 type coils, should work with the T3S. The "advantage" to the T3S coils is that they generally work fine in any topper that takes the PT1/2 version. (There may be odd ones where it doesn't, I've personally not tried them all!) Sometimes you might need to swap the chimney from the "original" onto the T3S if there are size issues, but generally not even that is needed.

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
If it works with Kanger PT1/2 type coils, should work with the T3S. The "advantage" to the T3S coils is that they generally work fine in any topper that takes the PT1/2 version. (There may be odd ones where it doesn't, I've personally not tried them all!) Sometimes you might need to swap the chimney from the "original" onto the T3S if there are size issues, but generally not even that is needed.

Veep, maybe YOU should join us in this venture...

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I don't think they would work as the dual coils have a taller coil chamber than the single coils do.

May well be the case, RC. There can be problems using single coils on dual coil toppers. Even within a single maker. The PT1 and T3S coils won't work in the PT3 for the same reason. I've heard of people stacking the chimney "grommets", but have never tried it. All my clearo types are either T3S or other single bottom coils.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
May well be the case, RC. There can be problems using single coils on dual coil toppers. Even within a single maker. The PT1 and T3S coils won't work in the PT3 for the same reason. I've heard of people stacking the chimney "grommets", but have never tried it. All my clearo types are either T3S or other single bottom coils.
If you stack the chimney grommets you have to put the second one on upside down.
That is how you can use the strange short evod clone coils in a T3 ok.
Be aware that the upside down grommet is likeluy to fit around the upper chimney and stay in there till you pull it out with something, but not a problem as long as you are using a coil that needs it.

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Question on the cero tank. I just found a China supplier that works for me. In the davide's I have to use the extra ring if I want to use aspire coils. How do you do that in the cero or do they just fit.

They just fit. No O-ring-ectomies.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Eeeerrrr, up and down, up and down, never again am I going on that ferry, never felt so sick for a very long time, almost green in color and couldn't even vape for the whole journey, just a couple of toots on the Kabuki is all I could manage and to think I was going to buy a boat, noooooo, me and the sea just don't get along. :cry:

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Question on the cero tank. I just found a China supplier that works for me. In the davide's I have to use the extra ring if I want to use aspire coils. How do you do that in the cero or do they just fit.
They fit like they were made for it.

kates

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
United Kingdom
If you stack the chimney grommets you have to put the second one on upside down.
That is how you can use the strange short evod clone coils in a T3 ok.
Be aware that the upside down grommet is likeluy to fit around the upper chimney and stay in there till you pull it out with something, but not a problem as long as you are using a coil that needs it.
I also sometimes use the top 'plug' from a carto if a using a single coil in aero mega (I only use single coils in all my kangers) - pushes over the post of the coil and gives a great seal - otherwise as above. I have also finally found a cero tank in the UK - cero mega which is identical to the aero mega (apart from the moving chimney piece). Works great and swappable with all my mega glass etc. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread