Status
Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
There's more. Cole himself, the author of the HB 2058, is endorsing this new approach.

Cole Responds to FDA Expanding Regulatory Authority on Tobacco Products

"I still believe that my bipartisan amendment, recently approved by the Appropriations Committee in the Agriculture Appropriations bill, provides the same framework for new tobacco products without needlessly subjecting small businesses to unnecessary regulations and without treating law abiding adults like naïve children.”

And CASAA won't actively support and back him? Because of ideological purity? The amendment is bipartisan, has cleared committee, would be very difficult to veto, and is now being under renewed attack.

Seriously CASAA? I already responded to your HB 2058 CTA three times. It's still in committee--looking dormant. Calling FDA might amuse someone, but it's a stunt. Please issue a new CTA in support of the Cole/Bishop amendment ASAP.

You can read more here, if you're interested.

http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/archives/12809

Don't panic - Place your support where you see fit.
I have already responded in support of the Amendment, yet I still have the right to support any other avenue in prevention of the FDA's Malicious attack on the vaping industry.

Von Vape

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2016
I have already responded in support of the Amendment, yet I still have the right to support any other avenue in prevention of the FDA's Malicious attack on the Vaping industry.
I agree. Support anything and everything you can that will weaken the deeming! Sometimes you have to settle for small victories and win the war a battle at a time.

I too wrote my Congressman (Only one for Ak.) urging him to support the Ag. bill WITH the Cole Bishop amendment IN TACT. ;)

:cool: Von Vape :cool:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
There's more. Cole himself, the author of the HB 2058, is endorsing this new approach.

Cole Responds to FDA Expanding Regulatory Authority on Tobacco Products

"I still believe that my bipartisan amendment, recently approved by the Appropriations Committee in the Agriculture Appropriations bill, provides the same framework for new tobacco products without needlessly subjecting small businesses to unnecessary regulations and without treating law abiding adults like naïve children.”

And CASAA won't actively support and back him? Because of ideological purity? The amendment is bipartisan, has cleared committee, would be very difficult to veto, and is now being under renewed attack.

Seriously CASAA? I already responded to your HB 2058 CTA three times. It's still in committee--looking dormant. Calling FDA might amuse someone, but it's a stunt. Please issue a new CTA in support of the Cole/Bishop amendment ASAP.

You can read more here, if you're interested.

Keep in mind that they are volunteers and I'm sure they're still poring over the deeming itself. Give them a little time. The deeming just hit the official register today.

There is also a vastly more active presence of CASAA AND vapers on FB. I wish they would post here too, but I can understand why it's not their priority. They just announced their coalition, and I'm sure once there's an agreement, they'll post their official view of the amendment.

Not defending them, just explaining what I see. They forced me back onto Facebook to stay informed. I'm sure some of them wish I'd stay away.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I have already responded in support of the Amendment, yet I still have the right to support any other avenue in prevention of the FDA's Malicious attack on the Vaping industry.

I think you misunderstood the source of my frustration. I know that you and I can support whatever we want. But there's a difference between me writing to my representative and thousands writing to their representatives.

Don't panic? Too late for that... :lol:

Von Vape

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2016
Not defending them, just explaining what I see. They forced me back onto Facebook to stay informed. I'm sure some of them wish I'd stay away.
:lol:
Ya, I don't do the FB thang or tweet or (insert social media "whatever" here) so I appreciate you being a liaison.
(Whether they like it or not :D) Thank you, Lessifer!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Keep in mind that they are volunteers and I'm sure they're still poring over the deeming itself. Give them a little time. The deeming just hit the official register today.

There is also a vastly more active presence of CASAA AND vapers on FB. I wish they would post here too, but I can understand why it's not their priority. They just announced their coalition, and I'm sure once there's an agreement, they'll post their official view of the amendment.

I keep it all in mind.

But those very volunteers somehow found the time to de facto refuse to support the Cole-Bishop for now, which is a mistake, IMHO.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii

Well yes, they are volunteers but at the same time they are accepting donations, mine among them and am disappointed they've not felt up to the task of telling us their take on it…...

Reactions: Katya

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Not sure where else to post this. Mods, feel free to move or delete if needed.

Copied from SFATA at FB

Today, CASAA, SFATA, AEMSA, AVA and NBS have formally announced their coalition to pursue legal and legislative strategies now that the FDA’s final deeming regulations have been released.

The coalition will continue working to determine the correct litigation strategy and legislative actions. We will be informing the vapor industry and community of next steps, deadlines, PR objectives, and grassroots efforts. Organizations interested in participating should contact coalition partners.

Please feel free to contact any of the organizations listed above for more details in the coming days.

Just saw this

FDA Backlash: An Army Of Advocates Rising

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Please read page 3--that's from the Vapor Technology Association (VTA) guidance--in conflict with CASAA's recommendations. We really need to get our um... thing together or we're doomed.

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to copy the relevant passages, but it's all on page 3, Where Do We Go From Here.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

Please read page 3--that's from the Vapor Technology Association (VTA) guidance--in conflict with CASAA's recommendations. We really need to get our um... thing together or we're doomed.

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to copy the relevant passages, but it's all on page 3, Where Do We Go From Here.

I'm starting to get another head ache :facepalm:

Every Vaper who wishes to Continue Vaping needs to Support every legal Avenue taken in the Battle to beat back the FDA's Deeming action.

Starting with fighting for the Agriculture Bill with the Cole-Bishop Amendment INTACT!!!!
Don't wait, don't think about it, just Support it. You can always Support other actions later.:thumb:

I Vote
I Vape
:cool:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California

None of this is my opinion, I'm just relaying what I see on FB for those who don't go there. One concern, not voiced specifically by CASAA, is that the VTA is an unknown. I haven't looked into them myself.

This was posted by a CASAA member, not a board member, just a regular member like you and me:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I don't know either, Les. I only know that they are associated with Halo and the first lawsuit against the FDA, Califf and Burwell. I'm not endorsing the VTA. But I agree with their common sense approach to advocacy--I thinks we should be supporting Cole-Bishop. That's all.

And I pray that we won't have a civil war now in our ranks. CASAA against VTA and so on. That would be the worst thing that could happen now.

Let's support both bills. That's all.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I don't know either, Les. I only know that they are associated with Halo and the first lawsuit against the FDA, Califf and Burwell. I'm not endorsing the VTA. But I agree with their common sense approach to advocacy--I thinks we should be supporting Cole-Bishop. That's all.

And I pray that we won't have a civil war now in our ranks. CASAA against VTA and so on. That would be the worst thing that could happen now.

Let's support both bills. That's all.
Yup, I agree, support both until/unless there is something specifically in either one that makes them bad. At this point though, hard to see how they could make things any worse. It does suck that at this time there is no easy CTA to follow for the amendment, but writing and calling reps is still possible.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
VTA is an industry group, so their goals may not always align with consumers, but that's why we all need to remain as informed as possible. We also do need to be wary. I don't remember the name of the group but there was recently a "consumer advocacy" group that was funded by Fontem Ventures.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
VTA is an industry group, so their goals may not always align with consumers, but that's why we all need to remain as informed as possible. We also do need to be wary. I don't remember the name of the group but there was recently a "consumer advocacy" group that was funded by Fontem Ventures.

I don't care about VTA. I don't know who they are and I don't care. I'm a supporting member of CASAA. I donate monthly and I always follow their CTAs.

I just want the grandfather date moved. And I don't want to see any more infighting. Forum wars, advocacy group wars, vapers against industry wars. Please, we're all in it together. We have but one enemy right now--the deeming regulations. Everything else can wait.

I read both bills--they both ask for moving the grandfather date from 2007 (which would end the vaping as we know it) to 2016.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I don't care about VTA. I don't know who they are and I don't care. I'm a supporting member of CASAA. I donate monthly and I always follow their CTAs.

I just want the grandfather date moved. And I don't want to see any more infighting. Forum wars, advocacy group wars, vapers against industry wars. Please, we're all in it together. We have but one enemy right now--the deeming regulations. Everything else can wait.

I read both bills--they both ask for moving the grandfather date from 2007 (which would end the vaping as we know it) to 2016.
I agree. There are additional provisions added to the amendment, but I honestly don't think it's anything the FDA wouldn't already have the ability to do.

ETA: I'm not trying to promote infighting, I'm just relaying concerns that were brought up on FB, that people here may not be aware of. Also, the concerns were not expressed by CASAA leadership.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I agree. There are additional provisions added to the amendment, but I honestly don't think it's anything the FDA wouldn't already have the ability to do.

As our dear friend Nate just said elsewhere, "As the law is now written, FDA has the full legal authority to reject a PMTA application by tweeting "lolsux2bu"." :lol:

ETA: I'm not trying to promote infighting, I'm just relaying concerns that were brought up on FB, that people here may not be aware of. Also, the concerns were not expressed by CASAA leadership.

Understood.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
VTA are a group of High Rollers in the industry

Seems to me they are a Business level Lobby Group and not so much involved on the Customer level of the industry................You know, The Backbone:glare:

Members and Objectives here:

Vapor Technology Association
As our old friend steve pointed out once, if the FDA said we could only have "tobacco" flavors, halo would only lose about two from their line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread