►►► Prodigy V1 Troubleshooting Guide ◄◄◄

Status
Not open for further replies.

StratOvation

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Michigan, USA
I moved the resistor down a smidge so it does not touch anymore... that did the trick! Thanks much for the help Casey, I really appreciate it!!! :w00t::thumbs:

Let me know if there's anything else I should know about the resistor, if it needs to be level or just not touching anything.

Casey's da Shiznit!!! The Handy Dandy PS "Fix It" Chick Rawks!!!:D

shivadance

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Nebraska, USA
Casey's da Shiznit!!! The Handy Dandy PS "Fix It" Chick Rawks!!!:D

You got that right! This is for you, Casey:

shivadance-albums-profile-pics-picture2170-you-rock-dog.jpg

I'm soooo happy to have my Prodigy back in service!

StratOvation

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Michigan, USA
Enfield, I wouldn't soak the entire thing. Just take a paper towel and maybe wet it a tad and wipe the threads down. It might take a few swipes to get it clean, but it works fine for me :)

I wouldn't either, but I do flush mine with Hot DI H2O and chase the water with a little alcohol to aid drying. I just use a 12cc Syringe with a blunt tip needle to clean mine... A few shots of hot water and ~6cc of alcohol as a chaser. Stand it on the atty end for an hour and good to reload.:)

walkstheplanes

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
South San Francisco
Hey Puresmoker folks,

Out of nowhere my 801 Prodigy stopped working. I've been using the same type of Atomizer with it for the past 3 months, but now it's completely cold. I tried swapping out different atomizers, but I still get the same result -- air.

I sent in a ticket for it (6 months of warranty is nice), but I'm wondering if others have had the same experience and have resolved their issues.

edit:

It works now when I twist the atomizers a little bit (it seems arbitrary on the amount of twisting back and forth that makes it work), but it's not longer works 100% of the time when I pop the atomizer on like I used to (and I followed the directions in Casey's video, and was doing her technique even before the video was released).

Ah well. I'll discuss this with whoever recieves my ticket.

Last edited:

StratOvation

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Michigan, USA
Hey Puresmoker folks,

Out of nowhere my 801 Prodigy stopped working. I've been using the same type of Atomizer with it for the past 3 months, but now it's completely cold. I tried swapping out different atomizers, but I still get the same result -- air.

I sent in a ticket for it (6 months of warranty is nice), but I'm wondering if others have had the same experience and have resolved their issues.

edit:

It works now when I twist the atomizers a little bit (it seems arbitrary on the amount of twisting back and forth that makes it work), but it's not longer works 100% of the time when I pop the atomizer on like I used to (and I followed the directions in Casey's video, and was doing her technique even before the video was released).

Ah well. I'll discuss this with whoever recieves my ticket.

3 months on the same attys is quite impressive and well past the typical life expectancy of these little suckers. Have you tested the attys with a multimeter just to ensure they are still healthy?

After 3 months of exposure to constant heat/cool cycles the adhesive that holds the atty together may simply be releasing and allowing the atty tube to start to spin free of the threaded base.
When that begins to happen the 2 lead wires will break (Usually between the anchor points) and turning the atty body to 'n fro may allow the broken wire ends to make contact and get the atty working momentarily, but as soon as the atty body moves the wire contacts are severed again and the atty fails.

I'd be curious if any of your attys brass threaded bases turn seperately of the atty tube body.

fiddler

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2008
New York City
Hey Puresmoker folks,

I had the same issue - vapor just stopped, atty cold, and I was sure the atty had died.

Not so. The problem turned out to be some grundge buildup on the center of the Prodigy adaptor. I gently scraped it clean and voila, back to vaping.

walkstheplanes

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
South San Francisco
I had the same issue - vapor just stopped, atty cold, and I was sure the atty had died.

Not so. The problem turned out to be some grundge buildup on the center of the Prodigy adaptor. I gently scraped it clean and voila, back to vaping.

I've scraped it clean (I wipe down the connectors everyday), but no dice. Must be gremlins.

3 months on the same attys is quite impressive and well past the typical life expectancy of these little suckers. Have you tested the attys with a multimeter just to ensure they are still healthy?

After 3 months of exposure to constant heat/cool cycles the adhesive that holds the atty together may simply be releasing and allowing the atty tube to start to spin free of the threaded base.
When that begins to happen the 2 lead wires will break (Usually between the anchor points) and turning the atty body to 'n fro may allow the broken wire ends to make contact and get the atty working momentarily, but as soon as the atty body moves the wire contacts are severed again and the atty fails.

I'd be curious if any of your attys brass threaded bases turn seperately of the atty tube body.

Oh, I've been switching out the atties every 2-3 weeks (significant vapor reduction). I meant to say that I've tested out several new atties since this started happening.

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
What is the best fix for the battery to spring connection? Today I replaced the batteries and went to take a puff and nothing. Right away I checked to make sure the atomizer was screwed all the way on as I don't over tighten it.. I took the back cap off and put it back on and good to go. It must be the spring not touching the right place on the battery. Can you safely remove any of the plastic on the negative end of the battery? Should I put a sleeve inside to keep batteries in the center? Just wondering if any one has found a good solution to this problem? That is a real let down when you pull on it and nothing... Your first thought is WTF.. lol....

I am sure there is something in this thread but I don't have time to read the whole thing to find it.

Closet Toker

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Trempealeau, WI.
I noticed poor performance on my Prodigy over the past week, then it would intermittently not work at all. I tried new batteries, atomizers, nothing seemed to work well.
Knowing that brass tarnishes, I went to Walmart and purchased a tube of MAAS metal polishing cream. I used a Q-Tip to apply and wipe off all of the brass contacts. I was amazed on the amount of black tarnish that came off of the contacts. I mean, it was a lot! Now my contacts are bright and shiny. My Prodigy is only about a month old. The performance is up to par again... love my Prodigy.
No doubt basic maintenance is needed for a smooth running vaporizer.

Last edited:

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
I went to Walmart and purchased a tube of MAAS metal polishing cream. I used a Q-Tip to apply and wipe off all of the brass contacts. I was amazed on the amount of black tarnish that came off of the contacts. I mean, it was a lot! Now my contacts are bright and shiny. My Prodigy is only about a month old. The performance is up to par again... love my Prodigy.

Thanks for sharing this! This is why I love this site, the wealth of information is GREAT!

gjrhine

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Sunny South Carolina
I noticed poor performance on my Prodigy over the past week, then it would intermittently not work at all. I tried new batteries, atomizers, nothing seemed to work well.
Knowing that brass tarnishes, I went to Walmart and purchased a tube of MAAS metal polishing cream. I used a Q-Tip to apply and wipe off all of the brass contacts. I was amazed on the amount of black tarnish that came off of the contacts. I mean, it was a lot! Now my contacts are bright and shiny. My Prodigy is only about a month old. The performance is up to par again... love my Prodigy.

That's good information. Is there anything likely already around the house that would work as well?

Closet Toker

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Trempealeau, WI.
That's good information. Is there anything likely already around the house that would work as well?

If you don't have metal polish... maybe try tooth paste? (not the gel type) I've heard of people using that to clean jewelery. Maybe baking soda, slightly moistened with water... lightly scrub?

Last edited:

I am just not believing this! I keep my Prodigy CLEAN. I'm religious about wiping down the threads and connectors. I flatten a Q-tip and keep it, as I said, CLEAN!

I thought, what the heck, I'll try this and see if "any" more comes off. I had an OLD can of Brasso. Did the Q-tip clean with one end of a Q-tip. Wow, the black stuff that came off. OK, I'll try the other end and see if there is any more, again, WOW, more black stuff. Tried it with another Q-tip. Both ends, WOW, both ends coming up really black.

Took a piece of tissue and cleaned the top, flat connector piece, BLACK, yet it looked shiny.

My Prodigy was just a little off, not much, and I wasn't even sure. Now I know it wasn't vaping like it should because it sure is vaping now! I thought maybe my batteries were dying. Just wasn't getting quite as much strength to my vaping, wasn't sure.

Thank you so much for this!! I am really impressed and grateful!

gjrhine

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Sunny South Carolina
If you don't have metal polish... maybe try tooth paste? (not the gel type) I've heard of people using that to clean jewelery. Maybe baking soda, slightly moistened with water... lightly scrub?

I just tried it and now I seem to be vaping toothpaste. I have to say it tastes pretty good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread