#500 SS Mesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
yeah, me two. Ok made my first #500 mesh, let me break it in a little, first signs are good....

on the free sheets: I hope they include the #500 freebies as standard when ordering #500

This is the reply I got from them when I asked why they sent me 400 instead of 500 for the freebie.

To be honest we vary rarely send out #400 and #500 mesh as the freebie. We
only do this when we have a sheet or two left over from a lot of orders and
it makes more sense to send it than it does to stock it.

Usually free sheets are #270 - #300, but it all depends on the day of
cutting.

Many thanks for your feedback

Follow us on twitter and facebook for news on new materials and special
offers.

Kind Regards

Chris Platt
General Manager
The Mesh Company Ltd

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Well the site implies that you buy one and get a second free, which suggests the same grade, beyond that it is sort of a roll of the dice though, and after all they are throwing in the extra third in above and beyond. Maybe including a note in the order stating you already have the other sizes and are really curious about the # 500 would help.

sent from my HTC genisis using Tapatalk

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
I have been vaping the 70mm 500 wick all day about 6ml. Very little backwash with no center hole in the wick, exceptional wicking and I have purposely kept it vertical most of the time. Have not had a single dry hit and so much vaper my draws are shorter. Two 4 sec draws instead of two 6 sec draws. No hot spitting of juice since there is no center hole in the wick. I really think this mesh finally gives true wicking that can keep up with chain vapers. Looking forward to #600 mesh but this is very good.

Reactions: kformeck

ricklynchcore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
Chicago, Il
@BJ

Gotta say thanks on all the great ideas on mesh and wick rolling. I have ordered some 500 mesh for my DID, and have rolled your suggested wick using the 400 mesh. Fat wick very tight hole, and the thing wicks like a monster, never a dry hit. I can only imagine 500 mesh. The wick hole on the DID is 3.5mm to start with, so I have always made the mistake of thinking I needed a large center hole and the thing acted like Mt Vesuvius most of the time. With the small hole it appears like the juice is landing on the coils, where it belongs. Much better, thanks again.

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
I have been vaping the 70mm 500 wick all day about 6ml. Very little backwash with no center hole in the wick, exceptional wicking and I have purposely kept it vertical most of the time. Have not had a single dry hit and so much vaper my draws are shorter. Two 4 sec draws instead of two 6 sec draws. No hot spitting of juice since there is no center hole in the wick. I really think this mesh finally gives true wicking that can keep up with chain vapers. Looking forward to #600 mesh but this is very good.

that's what I'm talking about! the true gauntlet!

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
I never had much joy with the fat, thin wall wicks on my DID. All that talk about better flavor with the thin wall fat wick!!!
Dual wick(small inside thick) seemed promising so I made a hybrid rolling one end of the wick realy tight with tiny hole and the final end loose to 3.2mm for a snug but not choking fit in the DID, hey presto dual wick double capillary action.
I have ordered som#500 mesh a few days ago after finding this thread, so will try the 70mm beast when it arrives.
Are we talking goodbye to the capillary action, is it not nessasary with so much absorbent matter?

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
I never had much joy with the fat, thin wall wicks on my DID. All that talk about better flavor with the thin wall fat wick!!!
Dual wick(small inside thick) seemed promising so I made a hybrid rolling one end of the wick realy tight with tiny hole and the final end loose to 3.2mm for a snug but not choking fit in the DID, hey presto dual wick double capillary action.
I have ordered som#500 mesh a few days ago after finding this thread, so will try the 70mm beast when it arrives.
Are we talking goodbye to the capillary action, is it not nessasary with so much absorbent matter?

studiovap: Are we talking goodbye to the capillary action, is it not nessasary with so much absorbent matter?

Don't understand your question, absorbance is a result of capillary action. Leaving a wick with loose roll at the bottom reduces the capillary action and will absorb less. More mesh with more holes pressed tight together wicks (absorbs) better than a loosely rolled wick where the holes are farther apart and the molecules have a further distance to travel. All my SS wicks fit tight in the hole and I have never experienced any reduction in the wicking as most of the capillary action is internal in the wick. On all my new wicks with #500 I am eliminating the center hole. The #500 has such excellent capillary action that the volcanic action of a center hole is not necessary. IMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread