Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Man its simple gold is the best conductor so therefore, so there is gain to plate the whole thing sure just plating the contact area is good enough but I think it more of a hassle to plate the ends and in the end would cost more to manufacture plus it looks cool and generally when anyone one that knows about conductivity it shows quality

You just made my point for me. I've been an electronics tech for over 20 years... I know about conductivity. Which is why I said that plating the entire head is useless as far as conductivity goes...

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Portland TN USA
Hahaha, that's kind of why I waited so long to order a 5-pack! I am vaping on the nickle coil right now, which is great in wattage mode, but I really like the kanthal. It's going to be a couple of weeks before I get them, and if the nickle coil is still going strong I will just throw a kanthal in a different tank! :)
Well, I started out 2 months ago on my first.20 NI coil and it vapes as good today was the day I put it in I set it for 420 degrees F about the only thing I have had to do was increase the temp a bit from 420 f to 450 F I have been vaping all 10/90, 20/80 pg/vg 6 ML nic and some 12 ML Nic. My ejuice does not discolor I think that knathal tends to discolor

Reactions: cooladdict

Junglegeorge

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Sweden
www.jgg.se
Got my Vaporesso Gemini cCELL SS Tank from Vanguard smoke today together with one 5-pack of SS 0.5 coils and one 5-pack of 0.9 Kanthal.
Using the SS-coil that was preinstalled at temp mode 130C at 30W on my Cuboid and I am satisfied so far :) With my own driptip and a quite closed up airflow it works mouth to lung for me :thumb:

Reactions: cooladdict

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Let me know how yours works out when you get it! Funny thing, on the site i pre-ordered from, now the gemini is listed as pre-order again. I'm wondering if i got a trial version, or pre-release version or something along those lines. another site moved their ship date for it from march to April 10th. Hopefully I didn't get one that doesn't have all the problems worked out yet. the date for the coils was moved to april as well.
How did I miss this message for 2 weeks?? sheesh. Thanks for posting your experiences with the Gemini and the SS cCell. It's a bummer that the Gemini doesn't seem to be a great fit for the cCell. :( I should be getting mine any day now and I will report back here on it's performance. That's weird that it is (was!) listed as preorder again, so maybe you did actually get an early version. Have you tried contacting the vendor with your experience to see if they will exchange it for you?

Reactions: Foozwak

Xexist

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2013
Fort Saskatchewan
After a long long wait, I finally got my target tank and have been using it for a week or so now. Aside from hating the bottom fill, it is almost my perfect tank (perfect coil anyways) love the flavor, Vapor is decent. Love this tank. Amazed at how well flavours change too. I can vape it almost dry and then put in another juice altogether and within a few minutes the new flavor is coming through with none of the old. Very happy.

So, 3 weeks later and coil starting to taste weird. Time to move on to the next coil or is there some easyish method to clean the coils?

Emiwenis

Apr 21, 2016
Anybody have tips for dry hits (after priming and soaking the tank overnight) with the original vaporesso Target tank (0.9 ohm ccells)? I saw something about juice flow control, but couldn't find any more info about it, and I only know of the air flow control on the bottom of the tank. Is there a certain way the coil is supposed to be facing/spinning in the tank? I can see a honeycomb through the ejuice....

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
So, 3 weeks later and coil starting to taste weird. Time to move on to the next coil or is there some easyish method to clean the coils?

You could try dry burning the coil after washing and letting it dry; a few ~15-20W pulses could burn off some crap and bring flavor back. If that doesn't work, you can just replace it, and since it's lasted 3 weeks, you've already gotten your money's worth.

Last edited:

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
Good to see such an active thread on the Vaporesso cCell coils... over here on the other side of the world (South Africa) we have been fighting with the cCell coils. Long story but please bear with me if it's been answered in any of the pervious 93 pages of info...

I first stared playing with the cCell coils (0.9Ω) with my first Target Tank and was blown away by the flavour and I still think from a flavour point of view this set up cannot be beaten... that first coil did a massive 100+ refills before I changed coils and that's when the fight started... the 0.2Ω temp coil was nowhere near as good so I discounted them.. went and bought a new pack of 0.9Ω Coils and it was dry hit after dry hit... ended up buy 4 packs of coils from different vendors with the same result... there is no question that Vaporesso released a dud batch despite them responding with a two word email reply denying it.

A mate in the US had no such problem so I bought a pack of coils from his US supplier and the coils were perfect so happiness was restored... then I bought a Vaporesso Gemini Tank and that was awesome... top fill makes life a whole lot easier when you are refilling 4-5 times a day! A local Vendor got in some new stock and they are perfect so no longer have an issue.

But then the 0.5Ω SS cCell coils arrive in South Africa and I rush to get a packet of them... they are useless.

Then I hear the new stock of Gemini's come with an all new 0.8Ω cCell coil... that's exciting so I go get a new Gemini... and this is where my issue that I need help with started... the 0.8Ω coil seem to cause an airlock? A few puffs and the flavour is awesome and all of a sudden a dry hit... slightly release the top juice fill and a whole lot of bubbles emanate from the coil... something is causing an airlock...

OK try a 0.9Ω coil in the same tank and still an airlock... ok take the 0.8Ω coil and put it in my original Gemini that has worked like a dream for weeks and boom... airlock...

So I put back 0.9Ω coils in both the tanks but now both of them suffer from the airlock problem... and that's the issue I just can't work out... Help please.

jacoviii

Dec 31, 2015
independence MO
  • Wow just got my Gemini tank and it is junk. Love the other stuff I have gotten from vaporesso 3 Targets. I have been waiting a long time for this bought 2. now want to though it as far as I can. Have the .8 coil in and either it leaks or I get a dry hit. After 3 or 4 vapes it is dry or next time I pick it up there is juice coming out of the air holes. Coil is screwed all the way down. Tried fully filling it due to dry hits but does not help. Then at other times it just leaks out. Running it at 45w to 55w.

• The 2nd tank is on my wife's target and has the same problem.
  • we tried a original target cCell and it did the same thing. tried a Herk coil and it lasted longer but stopped using it when it got a bit dry did not want to ruin it. Also they are a tad bit taller then the cCell, so the gap at where the tank screws in to the base was twice as thick but did not leak.
  • I contacted Vaporesso and....

• 4/22, 4:48am
    Vaporesso
    currently if you wish we can replace you coils but cannot replace the tank unsure emoticon

• gusse i will just go back to my Council of vapor Phoenix

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
  • Wow just got my Gemini tank and it is junk. Love the other stuff I have gotten from vaporesso 3 Targets. I have been waiting a long time for this bought 2. now want to though it as far as I can. Have the .8 coil in and either it leaks or I get a dry hit. After 3 or 4 vapes it is dry or next time I pick it up there is juice coming out of the air holes. Coil is screwed all the way down. Tried fully filling it due to dry hits but does not help. Then at other times it just leaks out. Running it at 45w to 55w.

• The 2nd tank is on my wife's target and has the same problem.
  • we tried a original target cCell and it did the same thing. tried a Herk coil and it lasted longer but stopped using it when it got a bit dry did not want to ruin it. Also they are a tad bit taller then the cCell, so the gap at where the tank screws in to the base was twice as thick but did not leak.
  • I contacted Vaporesso and....

• 4/22, 4:48am
    Vaporesso
    currently if you wish we can replace you coils but cannot replace the tank unsure emoticon

• gusse i will just go back to my Council of vapor Phoenix

Don't lose hope with the Target or Gemini Tank... the 0.5Ω and the 0.8Ω coils are crap... just get yourself the 0.9Ω coils and you will love them.

If you find the Gemini Tank gives dry hits it's because something in the tank was altered by the 0.8Ω coils and it now causes an airlock. Loosen the juice fill cap until you see bubbles and leave it there.

There is no question the best flavour from all the ceramic coils come from the 0.9Ω cCells. I have tried them all including the new OBS Ace which I had high hopes for...

Foozwak

Mar 2, 2016
Tampa, FL
How did I miss this message for 2 weeks?? sheesh. Thanks for posting your experiences with the Gemini and the SS cCell. It's a bummer that the Gemini doesn't seem to be a great fit for the cCell. :( I should be getting mine any day now and I will report back here on it's performance. That's weird that it is (was!) listed as preorder again, so maybe you did actually get an early version. Have you tried contacting the vendor with your experience to see if they will exchange it for you?
I missed your reply as well lol. an update on my gemini experience: after switching to the .8 ss coil which was looking bad at first, its actually been my primary vape for weeks now. the problem was mainly the .5. Hesitant to order the .5, going to wait for the .8 but can't find anywhere yet.
and for anyone else out there that is more knowledgeable: does anyone know if it is possible to take the airflow base of the .5/.8 coil and swap it onto a .9 cell to improve the airflow? I guess i could try it myself but hesitant to dismantle the coils until i can find replacements in stock.

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Portland TN USA
Did they do an update or anything so the Target can even run SS coils or did they just make a new version that does SS? I am still using the coil that came with mine for temp control it reads .17 don't even remember what it was new but it still going strong 30 or so tanks later. I have no issues in temp control mode 450F no dry hits work great I mostly use when I go out the house. Like I said I would like to know if they did an update so it can run SS at all? I don't Think SS is like TI wire where u run it in NI200 mode and back the temp off to like 350 like I do with my DNA 40s the TRC pre-set for SS or whatever letter soup they use would have that is the base for whatever alloy you are using have to be added Via a upload.
So if you're using SS on a the target 75 watts all SS will not work for diddly I thought they were only making Ccells for other PVD's

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Portland TN USA
You just made my point for me. I've been an electronics tech for over 20 years... I know about conductivity. Which is why I said that plating the entire head is useless as far as conductivity goes...

Yes, that would depend on the base metal but only very small numbers but while you are right just plating the ends would look stupid but from an electrical standpoint. Sure if it would take 20 years to know this some that would have maybe better to have found something else to do LOL I knew that when I was freshmen in high school but there is one thing that would become an issue gold really don't corrode. Now depending on the base metal that could have effect same with possible allergic reactions. Depending on the base metal alloy and that it swims in juice and the fact that most of this stuff are made in China, god only knows what the base metal is to start with.

I must have missed parts of your post. What was your point and why were trying to make it. I thought your statement was pretty simple. I would have thought by now most folks would know that gold is common to be used at connection points on all kinds of cables connectors but they don't make the cables out of gold and because gold is expensive they only use it where it doses the best for whatever product they are making.
I did ask one fella in the forum, why he plated his negative battery bar with nickel and the item was copper to start with. I told him I bet you had the horse pushing your cart didn't you? Nickel is a lousy conductor compared to copper, he said because of corrosion and color. Ya, Silver would have been the next choice then it the second most common conductor and the plating process would have been the same and an old spoon that was silver plated would have worked for the Anode. The guy he got the rest of his chemicals to do the nickel plate sure would have the silver suspension too. That's ok he painted a plastic mod too rather than using dye. I figure a week or so after he was using this thing the paint would crack and peel off. Some of the help videos on YouTube are great others not so great.

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Portland TN USA
Any ideas ? My Target mod gets NO ATOMISER on anything I try.

The first thing I have ask is it still under any warranty as that would be your best hope. It also would need to know that to say anything more. If it does then that's your path grasshopper.

If It doesn't have warranty Next would be checking battery voltage with a real meter. if you just charging using the USB port it's possible the battery is dead. Now if you got 4.2 volts at the battery. you move on

Look at the 510 connector check that the pin moves freely and did not get stuck. I mostly use a very small flat head screwdriver and start with pushing down if it doesn't move gently pry on the side of the pin just a little bit and work your way around the whole pin giving it a bit of wiggle. That's where I start before I open it up at the point you open the unit well You need to look for loose wires at the 510 and the battery also this will sound weird get your nose down close give it a nice snuffle and see if it has a bad almost like burnt plastic Or if it smells like burnt electrical if it does or anything looks burnt if it does just throw it out it a dead unit and not worth fixing, this time, get you a Joyetech cuboid they run about 35 bucks if you look a bit and they are so much better just keep the atty that has a bit of worth and put it on the Cuboid.

I lost my share of units before I started building my own but I have been lucky most died still under warranty, well maybe not so lucky dealing with those Chines outfits is a pain as they all have terrible support

Reactions: SS stingray
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread