75W Vaporesso TARGET 2 VTC Kit with Ceramic cCELL Coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyRetro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Acton, Maine, United States
Would someone really clone a ceramic coil? I could see cloning a Kanthal coil but those ceramic coils have a pretty intricate production process. Maybe they are buying the ceramic cores on the cheap and then using them in a cloned casing. I WOULD NOT take a chance with an unauthentic ceramic coil. Who knows what could be in the ceramic itself.

Junglegeorge

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Sweden
www.jgg.se
Yes, maybe just a bad batch. Looked around online and seen photos with the red bottom even on Vaporessos FB-page so they are probably legit
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458774404.029673.jpg

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
I keep getting quite the heavy throat hits.

Unfortunately this is probably a combination of me being a bit ill, the cCell (kanthal is on right now) needing some breaking in and the juice I picked to be 50% PG and 50% VG (also not very good so far).

I've got it at 21w and the airflow halfway open. If I inhale a bit too much, it brings me to coughing. :D
Kind of regretting filling the tank full with this juice. It's a bit dark so I'm guessing that if I leave it in the tank for too long, it will darken the ceramic quite a bit.
How much did you smoke before you started vaping? Could be too much nic. You could also to much hit from the PG. The ceramic will darken over time, even with clear juice. Mine got dark pretty quick, but still worked fine for a couple weeks. Until you start losing flavor, they are fine.

Sent from the future with my Flux Capacitor enabled Note 5

Svet

Mar 17, 2016
Berlin
I used to smokr about 1 pack a day. I switched to a higher VG juice with less nicotine ans I don't get those throat hits anymore. It was probably due to the nic and PG, but I do feel like smoking normal cigarettes now, so I'll need to find the sweetspot :D

After I switched juices I noticed that the ceramic was fairly dark, but got white again after rinsing with hot water. Unfortunately it didn't dry properly during the night. When I started vaping there was hardly any vape coming out and I heard gurgling sounds, now it's okay though.

Xexist

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2013
Fort Saskatchewan
After a long long wait, I finally got my target tank and have been using it for a week or so now. Aside from hating the bottom fill, it is almost my perfect tank (perfect coil anyways) love the flavor, Vapor is decent. Love this tank. Amazed at how well flavours change too. I can vape it almost dry and then put in another juice altogether and within a few minutes the new flavor is coming through with none of the old. Very happy.

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
I managed to get a cCell apart with hardly any damage to the ceramic today. I have the ceramic soaking in a bowl of water with an effervescent tablet right now. I may attempt to get a coil back in there later. I might have to wait until my wire comes in later this week, though. I think the thinnest I have right now is 26awg.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
So have any of you folks tried any of the OTHER ceramic vaping doodads out there now?

Nothing really WRONG with my cCells, but I'm curious about other companies methods and outcomes.
I was really interested in the Cera Vape Soter Tank. It's a big boy; takes three heads and has an 8ml
capacity. I'd link to it but I don't think we're allowed to link to sites that sell so many clones....
I have only tried the cCells so far, but I have ceramic coils on the way for my Reaper Plus and I will be getting the UD Simba here shortly, which has a few different wire types in ceramic so I am very much looking forward to contrasting and comparing them. It's going to be hard to top the cCells, methinks. :)

Foozwak

Mar 2, 2016
Tampa, FL
Update on my new coils I got. They definitely tastes better today and I guess it was a break in period that was a little longer than I thought it would be...
Was the UPC on the new box different from the UPC on your original box of coils? I ran into that, and both vendors said they both worked directly with Vaporesso, so who knows. Both were the .9 kanthal. Haven't even had to use one from the new box though, still getting life out of the coils from the original box.

Also received my Gemini tank that i preordered today. pretty nice looking..just got home from work though, have to get to bed so probably won't get to test it much tonight. I'm perplexed though, because in the little manual that comes with it, it says wattage range for the coils 5-75 watts. Then on the .5 pre-installed SS coil it says 20-40 watts, and on the .8 SS coil also in the box, the range listed on that says 40-65. Shouldn't it be the other way around....? A little confused.. And neither coil says up to 75. Maybe they were referring to the mod, not the coil.
FYI the tank does come with replacement glass and o-rings, but not a replacement for every single o-ring that is actually inside the tank, just the "major" ones i guess. And the included coils, unlike pictures posted in marketing, are not a new silver color but still gold.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Update on my new coils I got. They definitely tastes better today and I guess it was a break in period that was a little longer than I thought it would be...
I had exactly the same experience with the newer coils and now mine are great, too! I'm not sure what Vaporesso did besides change that one O ring, but the coils are different from the original ones that came with the kits. They do seem to take a little longer to prime, but now that I know that it's all good again. :)

clabern

Jan 12, 2016
I got an order from Fastech with some things including Kanthal cCell coils. It said "Authentic" on the website and had a good price. Now I get a harsh taste on the new ones even after priming the h*ll out of them, starting at low wattage but even after several tanks only one of them tastes like the ones I got when I bought the tanks.
It's no "scratch and check" and I don't know if it was on the ones I got earlier.
They look the same except that the lower plug is red and on my earlier "good ones" it was white.
New from Fastech
View attachment 541722

Original
View attachment 541723

What do you think, are the new ones not "authentic" as they claim?

I had the same issue with my replacement coils from Fasttech. Some of them have been completely unvapable, not wicking at all. I threw them in a glass with some vodka, and now they're soaking in water. Hopefully that'll "open" them up a bit and I'll try them again. It is slightly concerning to me, but we'll see. Gunna be disappointed if both packs are useless.

Reactions: cooladdict

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Was the UPC on the new box different from the UPC on your original box of coils? I ran into that, and both vendors said they both worked directly with Vaporesso, so who knows. Both were the .9 kanthal. Haven't even had to use one from the new box though, still getting life out of the coils from the original box.

Also received my Gemini tank that i preordered today. pretty nice looking..just got home from work though, have to get to bed so probably won't get to test it much tonight. I'm perplexed though, because in the little manual that comes with it, it says wattage range for the coils 5-75 watts. Then on the .5 pre-installed SS coil it says 20-40 watts, and on the .8 SS coil also in the box, the range listed on that says 40-65. Shouldn't it be the other way around....? A little confused.. And neither coil says up to 75. Maybe they were referring to the mod, not the coil.
FYI the tank does come with replacement glass and o-rings, but not a replacement for every single o-ring that is actually inside the tank, just the "major" ones i guess. And the included coils, unlike pictures posted in marketing, are not a new silver color but still gold.

Yeah the coil thing is concerning! I really hope this was just a production issue and not how they will be from now on. I think they were perfect when they first came out!

EEEK, you got your Gemini!!! I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of mine. It won't be here until next week probably, though. I can't wait to hear your impressions!! The manual sounds a bit confusing. I can't imaging vaping anything at 5 watts, though, lol!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I had the same issue with my replacement coils from Fasttech. Some of them have been completely unvapable, not wicking at all. I threw them in a glass with some vodka, and now they're soaking in water. Hopefully that'll "open" them up a bit and I'll try them again. It is slightly concerning to me, but we'll see. Gunna be disappointed if both packs are useless.
Ugh, I hope the soaking works. that is so disappointing. :( I ordered some ceramic coils for my Reaper Plus but I have been hearing about awful leaking issues with them, so I am kind of kicking myself for ordering them but we'll see what happens. I am glad I only ordered one box of them, though.

Junglegeorge

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Sweden
www.jgg.se
I don't know because I haven't got the original box left.
They are still not the satisfying vape as the original and because of the harsh vape I get irritated in my throat and coughing at night so I went back to my old Delta tanks with C3 tri-coils that are much smother for the throat, but they don't tastes as good as the cCells.
I am not sure if something is wrong with the coils I got from Fastech but I will probably try to order from some place I can be sure to trust.

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
Yes, maybe just a bad batch. Looked around online and seen photos with the red bottom even on Vaporessos FB-page so they are probably legit
View attachment 541733

The only cCells I've seen that have a red band are 316L coils, that come in .8 and .5 variations and are packaged with the new Gemini Sub Tank. That picture looks to one of the "gold" 316L coils, which come with the Gemini Tank, the replacements are all stainless. I have yet to see a .9 with red o-rings. I wonder if they are changing to red for all coils?

Foozwak

Mar 2, 2016
Tampa, FL
The only cCells I've seen that have a red band are 316L coils, that come in .8 and .5 variations and are packaged with the new Gemini Sub Tank. That picture looks to one of the "gold" 316L coils, which come with the Gemini Tank, the replacements are all stainless. I have yet to see a .9 with red o-rings. I wonder if they are changing to red for all coils?
Both boxes I've received for .9 replacements have had the red o-rings. The only time it was different for me was in the original target and mod kit, I think those were white orings. Just got some of the SS ones that came with my Gemini. Kinda having so-so performance with the .5. Keep having "burnt" hits. Not really used to using SS though, and have been using it in wattage.

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
Both boxes I've received for .9 replacements have had the red o-rings. The only time it was different for me was in the original target and mod kit, I think those were white orings. Just got some of the SS ones that came with my Gemini. Kinda having so-so performance with the .5. Keep having "burnt" hits. Not really used to using SS though, and have been using it in wattage.

Interesting, any time I've purchased the .9 cCells, they had the white o-rings. How are you liking the Gemini? Have you tried the 316L coils in any other Atlantis compatible tanks?

Foozwak

Mar 2, 2016
Tampa, FL
Interesting, any time I've purchased the .9 cCells, they had the white o-rings. How are you liking the Gemini? Have you tried the 316L coils in any other Atlantis compatible tanks?
Maybe they continually make improvements/upgrades? Not sure, but I do know I have 2 different boxes of .9 kanthal coils, with 2 different UPCs. (both boxes with red O-rings). Both from trustworthy vendors. I haven't tried the new coils that came with the Gemini in any other tank yet. The .8 is still unused. I have a Melo 2 and a Super Tank Mini that I could try them in, which I think I will to try to solve my burnt hit problem I'm currently having with the .5 SS. The .9 coil I have in my Melo 2 is going 3+ weeks strong! the longest ccell so far that I've used. Once that runs out going to try the .8 in it. As for the Gemini, I'm wondering if maybe not enough juice is wicking because there was never this much of a break in period with the .9 coils. I could also try swapping it into the original Target tank to see if it's a wicking issue at all.

Foozwak

Mar 2, 2016
Tampa, FL
Oh and the Gemini tank itself...very nice looking. convenient top fill. What is annoying though, is the top airflow getting adjusted unintentionally. And the whole thing doesn't seem like it is sealed vacuum-tight when I close all the air off.
I've just been leaving the juice control wide open. Maybe the "recipe" for the ceramic is different than in the original coils? When I take the top off and the juice controls are not closed, it does flood. Doesn't happen as much when I used the original .9 coils in top-fill tanks when I take the cap off.
When I open the top of the Melo 2 to add juice, it never floods the .9 ccell..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread