A clean atty is a happy atty

Status
Not open for further replies.

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
Well I can add another method that doesn't work for restoring a poorly performing atomizer. I am a Ham Radio Operator and I was sure that the high performance contact cleaner "Deoxit" would work. But, I was wrong. I tried to soak 3 atomizers in the solution, one was left overnight in the solution. I revived only one, it was the youngest of the 3 and might have responded to other methods as well.

I will try the Hydrogen Peroxide on the 2 that didn't respond to the deoxit. These poor atomizers still have good electrical resistance. I'll be watching for good news from other's attempts.

Kevin

Majestic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2009
N.E. Wisconsin
After losing several attys and trying a variety of suggestions that didn't work I'm now taking a preventive maintenance approach...... end of the day I blow out the juice, rinse in hot water and then soak over night in Diet Pepsi using an old 15ml juice bottle. In the morning, another hot water rinse, blow out the water and then air dry for several hours. While the mainenance is going on I use a spare atty which gets the same maintenance cycle once my daytime atty is back in use. I'm a week into it so will see how it goes from there. Hopefully this method will help prevent the carbonizing of the crud on the coil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread