A question about "steeping"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick07

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2011
MS
I started a post several months ago on shake or not to shake. It was six of one and half dozen of the other. Now here is my take on it.

If you mix gas and oil as in 2-cycle engines you have to pour the gas can about half full of gas, then add the oil and give it a good shaking. Then fill the can the rest of the way with gas and give it another good shaking. The oil and gas will never separate after that.

Now with our juices that contain PG, VG, nicotine and flavoring I have often wondered if they are like gas and oil and never separate or do they separate and should be shaken before each use.

I have tried both shaking and not shaking and I believe that you should shake them. I really believe they separate over time and a good shake mixes them to the consistency intended for maximum flavor.

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
I started a post several months ago on shake or not to shake. It was six of one and half dozen of the other. Now here is my take on it.

If you mix gas and oil as in 2-cycle engines you have to pour the gas can about half full of gas, then add the oil and give it a good shaking. Then fill the can the rest of the way with gas and give it another good shaking. The oil and gas will never separate after that.

Now with our juices that contain PG, VG, nicotine and flavoring I have often wondered if they are like gas and oil and never separate or do they separate and should be shaken before each use.

I have tried both shaking and not shaking and I believe that you should shake them. I really believe they separate over time and a good shake mixes them to the consistency intended for maximum flavor.

All I have is speculation on this as it is habit for me to shake a little before use. With that said, I have seen no "visible" indications of separation, but for me...better safe than sorry;)

Desertfremen

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
MI
For me steeping is just shaking them up once/week and then letting them sit. I usually let my diy creations sit anywhere from 2-4 weeks unless I'm impatient. Steeping still is not the same as a good shake though.

Most V4L juices do have a good chunk of steeping done; especially the chinese made juice. The USA juice to me seemed to have about a months worth of steeping on it. Enough for the flavour to fully blossom. Even then I've noticed that juices still continue to age it's just not as noticable as it is in the first month after mixing.

While some of the colour change may be attributed to the nic oxidising some of the flavouring is doing it too. I've made no nic test batches before and they still changed colour with steeping as well.

I, too, also give the bottle a good shake before I use any juice as well.

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
As many of you have said, and explained steeping this is what I do.

I have a cloth bag for Disney when my ex fiancee went she gave me two shirts, and they came in a shirt style bag. I use one to keep all my extra juices in, and one to keep 1 bottle of turtle and smilin with extra carto's in. As I use one in the bag on me, I take one out of the extra bag. The one in the extra bag taste's the same (Due to V4L steeping for us) but if you give every bottle a good shake before filling, you will notice a stronger flavor.

I have wandered away from V4L once for the -clears throat- Shmuck in my mall... To put it politely and his juice tasted like crap. If you get it from a vendor in the US that has US made juice and is made on the spot, I was told by BornAgainstVape that he lets it just sit in a dark place for 2 week's or so.

I am not going to say the "best" way for steeping or anything, but I think taking the lid off would make the nic diminish so I just leave everything on and let it sit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread