A question for noobs by a noob...eVic or Provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
The evic isn't in the same league as a Provari, not even by a long shot. You'll read stories of people getting their new evics and have them breaking or have trouble with threads. Then there is the firmware which is anything but optimized. Don't want to offend anyone but it's like comparing a Cadillac to a Kia (car terms). The Provari will last you years to come if you don't drop it out of 10 story building, don't ask me how I know that. The Provari build quality is excellent and if you have the money to spend on one I highly recommend it.

randomname79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
bolton ontario
For anyone questioning the build quality of the vamo consider this. I had a connection go south in my stainless steel v2 and I literally had to take a hammer to it to get it apart. After a 30min beating and some soldier then another beating to get it back together it works great again. Hardly a scratch on it. Any pv I can take a hammer to and it keeps on ticking gets a thumbs up in my book. At 40 bucks you can take a hammer to it too and not feel guilty.

smillett_vox

Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Vernon, CT, USA
Menu very user friendly and simple. Beautiful build, great vaping experience hands down.

The weight of the device is not user-friendly IMHO

I just watched pbusardo's review on the segelei ZMAX and it weighed 20g more than the provari. Personally I like that kind of "girth" to a device. It makes it feel sturdy and well built.

eLsonZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2013
Land of no Freedom
Hi guys! just riding on this thread. Any idea does this works well for a beginner? Lavatube.jpg

smillett_vox

Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Vernon, CT, USA
I think you should just get a Twist, and see if VV is for you.

Are the eGo-C's you have now the upgraded version?
I run all my eGos in unregulated mode and they work well.

That being said, I love my eVic.

Sorry for double posting but yes, I do have the eGo-C upgrade and I do have it in variable (unregulated) mode and it just doesn't really do the trick for me. I think it's time to upgrade upon the upgrade if you will.

I purchased a Evic and although it is neat with all the functions that the Evic can do, it is not very durable. I didn't even have the Evic for a month and dropped it. The top of the control head came off and ripped one of the wires. For a mod I would say avoid. I now have a provari and I tell you. It is durable, solid, and all and all and very good unit.

Old_Gregg

Mar 1, 2013
OKC
Provari or eVIC? Neither! Get a Legacy from puresmoker.com. Add a Kick and you will have an awesome ecig for around the same price. Drop the Provari or the eVIC on the ground or in a puddle and you will be shopping for a new one. VV's are very intricate and fragile. Mechanicals are very sturdy and have few or any electrical components to break. Sure the Kick may break but those are only $45. The Chinese are coming out with a clone that will be half that price. Just my opinion though and I'm sure that many will disagree with me!

corey5188

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2013
Liberty, MO
I am still a noob, but I would like to share my experience....

I have a friend who got an eVic, and I thought it was the bee's knees. Opened me up to this world of vaping. After doing some research, I was about to order one, until my friend, forgetting his eVic was sitting in his lap, got out of my car and it fell from maybe 3 feet above the ground and the head broke clear off the body. It was still attached by wire, and it worked, but still... that did it for me. Not to mention, that he has a whole shelf of mods, but doesnt have one Provari up there. He started with cheaper stuff, first optimizing his setup with them, then he would want something better, then optimize that set up. Needless to say he has spent enough to have several Provari's at this point.

I got the Provari right out of the gate, because I wanted to quit smoking badly, and I wanted a device that I could trust 100% to deliver that to me. I am soooo happy I did. I would have spent hundreds doing what my friend did, but instead I got the best right off the bat and couldnt be happier.

BTW, he is now selling a good portion of his mods and getting a Provari....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread