Status
Not open for further replies.

durgidog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2012
memphis, tn
www.thomasin.com
i assume you dont like the SS contacts because of the voltage drop.(?)
i didnt realize you could sand down SS, but read below. seems finagle has achieved brass.

Yeah, I tried sanding the contacts, they appear to be SS. I'm wondering if the screw in the top can be replaced with brass. It's the only thing I don't like about it (well, the throw for the switch could be shorter but I'm not gonna try and mod it). The DrawTube also has air vents in the top.

On the Natural the connector is not flush with the top, it sticks up a little but can be ground down if you prefer a seamless look with your accessories but then you might have air flow probs. If you haven't seen this vid, he talks about it and also shows how the switch works, which I'm not too keen on. Also, the satin finish on all of the pieces generally doesn't match from reviews I've read and the Naturals I've seen in person. Not something that would really bother me but we all have different tastes.

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
i like the draw tube. i am still considering it. but the thing i like better about the natural is the lack of a segmented body design. the natural is streamlined no matter which size battery you choose.

i assume you dont like the SS contacts because of the voltage drop.(?)
i didnt realize you could sand down SS, but read below. seems finagle has acheived brass.

durgidog was talking about the Drawtube having SS contacts I believe. I have read that some people are replacing the internal parts with all brass parts on the Drawtube and the Adam to achieve better conductivity. The Natural has brass contacts, + and - that are plated and most people are sanding them down for better conductivity. It is only noticeable if you vape SLR coils, (.9 or lower), is what finagle69 was talking about. If you vape a 1.0 or higher ohm coil it is hardly noticeable.

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
durgidog was talking about the Drawtube having SS contacts I believe. I have read that some people are replacing the internal parts with all brass parts on the Drawtube and the Adam to achieve better conductivity. The Natural has brass contacts, + and - that are plated and most people are sanding them down for better conductivity. It is only noticeable if you vape SLR coils, (.9 or lower), is what finagle69 was talking about. If you vape a 1.0 or higher ohm coil it is hardly noticeable.

ah. i see. i ended up going with the chi-chi. found a deal on it that was too good to pass up. i liked the flat top look of the natural better but i can get over that. 2 of my rbas are slimmer anyway so itll look fine. i also was concerned about the segmented look of the body when in 18650 mode but it looks great in the shorter modes. plus seeing how you say that the natural tubes can differ in color shade, that puts my mind at ease that even if i did go with the natural, id notice the tube shade difference.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Good to hear you found something you're gonna like. The only negatives I have read on the ChI-Chi is the variances in resistance... A lot of people are not happy with them! I'm not really into subΩ coils all that much and haven't even noticed any difference even sanding the internal parts down on mine. As far as the finish, that was duridog that commented on that. I have seen a few others that have as well. Mine is all the same. I will say that in some lighting situations, I can see where some people have that feeling. I noticed that on some video's on Super-T's precise models and some other satin finished segmented APV's there is a color or look variance... Part of it might be they are not brushed or polished as a solid piece and then cut and threaded. If all parts aren't brushed or polished at the same time, same person, or same length of time they will look different. I could be wrong though. I did own an industrial tool company a few years back and sold abrasives and such to a lot of manufacturer's like the guys that are making these APV's today. Even the slightest change in the grits used in the compounds or abrasives will make a difference.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Good to hear you found something you're gonna like. The only negatives I have read on the ChI-Chi is the variances in resistance... A lot of people are not happy with them! I'm not really into subΩ coils all that much and haven't even noticed any difference even sanding the internal parts down on mine. As far as the finish, that was duridog that commented on that. I have seen a few others that have as well. Mine is all the same. I will say that in some lighting situations, I can see where some people have that feeling. I noticed that on some video's on Super-T's precise models and some other satin finished segmented APV's there is a color or look variance... Part of it might be they are not brushed or polished as a solid piece and then cut and threaded. If all parts aren't brushed or polished at the same time, same person, or same length of time they will look different. I could be wrong though. I did own an industrial tool company a few years back and sold abrasives and such to a lot of manufacturer's like the guys that are making these APV's today. Even the slightest change in the grits used in the compounds or abrasives will make a difference.

could you explain what you mean by variances in resistance?

i tried a sub-ohm coil once (.8-.9) but it kept erroring out my provari. it worked intermittently but eventually i got fed up. i had to keep the voltage at 2.9v to not trip the amp limit, and even then it sometimes did trip it.
but i doubt i would have went much higher on volts even if i could, as it was just not an enjoyable vape. i couldnt imagine using a sub ohm coil on a freshly charged mech mod battery. that would be way too burnt for me. and i like harsh vapes! i just dont get how so many folks are enjoying sub ohm unregulated. boggles my mind.
i did however gain some insight from Rader who says its hard to describe, and that he just takes a very short draw when his batt is full. ill for sure give it a try, but im really not expecting much in the way of enjoyability.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Sorry man, did it again.... I meant voltage under load variances.... Some guys are experiencing up to a 1v drop on some devices... There is a guy in the iseason thread that did some testing on several of the mechanical's out and listed the results. I will try to find the link to the mods he tested...

Here is the link I was referring to... http://www.calivapers.com/showthrea...-last-night-Voltage-Drop-on-various-mech-mods... It is actually from another forum and all the APV's were all high dollar ones... The roller and the 69 were the ones that came in the worst at like .96v drop under load... I have seen some numbers posted in the iseason, natural, and I thought the chi-chi thread... I will look through the others...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread