Status
Not open for further replies.

ninfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
burkesville, kentucky
i didn't read everything but to the people complaining about the price of high end metal mods......do any of you have a clue how much it costs to machine ss? it is very very expensive......the tooling alone costs 200-300 bucks each and don't last very long. most of the cost in a high end device is machining. walk into a machine shop, give them the plans for something simple, and be shocked at how much it costs to make.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Leatherneck:8556593 said:
Now that I have two mechanicals...I'm thinking I prefer them.

If they came out with a genesis that won't leak with great wicking id probably never use my regualted mods outside of checking ohms on a new coil. I know some of them can be modded but id rather just have one designed not to leak.

I agree though ... the sleekness and simplicity of many mechanical mods are for some reason ... highly appealing. They just work, work well, and can take a licking.

The CCTS mod is the first mod that I have bought where I've pictured dings and scratches on it and not cringed at the thought.

Btw ... if you use a kick in a mechanical mod its going to feel the same as a regulated device because that is what it becomes. To unleash the power of a mechanical I recommend pulling out the kick and making some low ohm coils on your genny. The difference is very noticeable.

A kick is a waste on a mechanical mod with a genesis. Go low ohms with 28 gauge or twisted 32 gauge and never look back.

Last edited:

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
i didn't read everything but to the people complaining about the price of high end metal mods......do any of you have a clue how much it costs to machine ss? it is very very expensive......the tooling alone costs 200-300 bucks each and don't last very long. most of the cost in a high end device is machining. walk into a machine shop, give them the plans for something simple, and be shocked at how much it costs to make.

There are plenty of nice mechanical mods in the 80-150 dollar range. Legacy, Gus's, Temon, the Curve...one of the US vendors has the EA for 170ish, which all things considered is a great deal since it can be used with pretty much any commonly sized battery. Super T has a line of high quality mods from 119.99 to 189.99.

Just because most of those I have mentioned aren't "limited release" doesn't mean the quality isn't there. I think people miss that and just get ...... they couldn't get a GG or Chi-You

Last edited:

Justin66

May 12, 2012
MI
Currently own three PV's:

1. A black Provari w/blue LED
2. The Bamboo/Vamo v. 2, with the brass body
3. A 5v-regulated "mechanical" mod that a friend machined out of 6061 aluminum. And before the complainers start, I know it isn't a true mechanical- that's why I used quotation marks.

All three are rotated evenly- I don't have a favorite. I've owned the ego's, a roughstack, box mods and the Vmax... regardless of how much I spent on the mod, one thing was certain: they did their job. The Vmax is the only one that's broken on me (the firing button)- the ego's and RS were given away to friends who wanted to get into vaping. That was over a year ago, and all three are still working.

To sit here and b*tch and moan, or act like children about what's (their definition) of best is pointless. Everyone's situation is different. Everyone has different reasons for vaping. Get the ..... over it, do your own thing and vape on.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
If they came out with a genesis that won't leak with great wicking id probably never use my regualted mods outside of checking ohms on a new coil. I know some of them can be modded but id rather just have one designed not to leak.

Have you tried the Cobra?...for me it is completely leak proof and totally pocket friendly. It is the only bottom fed Genny I have where I can put in the fill hole screw and it wicks and vapes perfectly. Or you can try a top fed genny like the Cyclone v2 or GTank US. But I like the Cobra far better.

BTW I agree 1000% with all your comments regarding mechanical mods. If you want to vape a beast you have to vape low ohm with a mechanical mod..... Better performance and your batteries last twice as long and it is almost as consistent in vape to a VV/VW device. My VV devices are voltmeters now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread