Am I the only one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamblerMagic

Nov 29, 2018
Just creating something to talk out.

When you have a broken mod, an old mod that you don't use that's beaten up, or maybe something you despise...

...I've come accustomed to diassembling it and saving whatever I can salvage. Buttons, screws, 510 connectors and other parts.

There has to be someone with the same hoarding tendencies as myself. Not real hoarding, I keep things organized and labeled. Can never have too many parts!:vapor:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If I have a working mod that I no longer use, I keep it for safe keeping for the vape appocalypse. If it no longer works, it gets thrown away. I'm not handy with small electronic parts or devices.

Out of curiosity, I did take apart my sister's non-working istick 30W just to take a look at the internal battery.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

When you have a broken mod, an old mod that you don't use that's beaten up, or maybe something you despise...

...I've come accustomed to diassembling it and saving whatever I can salvage. Buttons, screws, 510 connectors and other parts.

There has to be someone with the same hoarding tendencies as myself. Not real hoarding, I keep things organized and labeled. Can never have too many parts!:vapor:
Still hoarding. That said I’ve got several plastic boxes full of old vape gear parts. Mostly from stuff I meant to repair but never got around to. Meanwhile vaping technology has passed all that stuff by and it’s basically garbage by this point.
*sigh*. I really should clean out those boxes.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France

When you get to the point that you can't walk around your house without climbing, due to the salvaging of mod parts...it's definitely become a problem :D

No, seriously I save my old working mods but not parts though...not a bad idea though...just thinking about those tiny screws that might come in handy :)

GamblerMagic

Nov 29, 2018
I use these things like crazy to organize everything.

Attachments

• 20190212_120824.jpg
    20190212_120824.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 22

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
When you get to the point that you can't walk around your house without climbing, due to the salvaging of mod parts...it's definitely become a problem :D

No, seriously I save my old working mods but not parts though...not a bad idea though...just thinking about those tiny screws that might come in handy :)
Caution: that sort of thing can get way out of hand.

upload_2019-2-12_11-9-58.gif

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2018
Cumbria
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I've come accustomed to diassembling it and saving whatever I can salvage. Buttons, screws, 510 connectors and other parts.

You are Jai Haze and I claim my £5 (Wiki reference for those unfamiliar with this British colloquialism Lobby Lud - Wikipedia) :lol:

Reactions: stols001

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I probably could fix a mod, but I have an old house - 130 years - that always needs fixing. Mods I throw away and buy another. I have plenty of projects for when I feel handy. My vape gear needs to just do its job fiddle-free while I tear apart my furnace.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My husband has every electronic thing of all time since before I knew him. What he does not use, he plans to "smelt" and get all the precious materials out.

We are the proud owner of a shed that like, is probably worth 30 bucks if we sell it to the smelting companies,. Be still MY BEATING HEART.

LOL, yes it is a hording issue. I hoard spent coils. Thank goodness they are SMALL.

Anna

Reactions: 440BB

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Anything I have that breaks or stops working I take parts out of them. Got the habit from my father, he could always find something in his shed to fix something broken. Which sounds strange to say because then you wouldn't have anything broken that needed fixing so where'd he get all those parts from? :blink:

When I was a kid my grandfather had a shed like that. He kept used nails in a metal bucket, when I went round he would let me help hammer them straight to be reused.

That was right after the war so stuff was expensive or hard to get. We live in a throwaway society now but I inherited that attitude, I hate throwing anything away. Like a boxful of old Pro Tanks that I stockpiled when they were selling them off cheap, and a dozen old Spinners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread