Ammit MTL RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
For those that believe that proper/true tight draw MTL can be achieved only with very tiny 1mm hole under coil it will be not tight enough... in fact under coil I can see hole that looks bigger than 1mm and you will have also 2 side holes... but i do not own this rta so really do not know... owners of Ammit rda can answer this question because deck looks very similar...

geekvape_ammit_mtl_rta_24mm1_5_.jpg

Reactions: stols001

chief63

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Oklahoma, United States
Have you got the Ammit MTL RTA yet?
If so and you have been using it what is your opinion of it?
Good, bad, indifferent comparable to...?
Thanks in advance.

After watching a couple reviewers I put the order on hold. Waiting until some real vapors get it in their hands to see what they think.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    @Tim Wiseman - I just read your review on this RTA - awesome job, I loved how thorough and informative it was.

And yes, it makes me want to buy one ;)

Just wanting to know a bit more about the airflow. With all 5 holes open - how loose is it? I'm currently using an RTA with a 2.3mm airflow diameter and I love the draw of that with wide open airflow.

• Agree
    Reactions: NolaMel

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2017
    Bolton, England
    @Tim Wiseman - I just read your review on this RTA - awesome job, I loved how thorough and informative it was.

And yes, it makes me want to buy one ;)

Just wanting to know a bit more about the airflow. With all 5 holes open - how loose is it? I'm currently using an RTA with a 2.3mm airflow diameter and I love the draw of that with wide open airflow.
    With all 5 open you can get a DL hit but very restricted, i would expect the 2.3mm airflow slot you are using would be looser, rather than a MTL and DL RTA this really is a MTL RTA which it is possible to do a DL restricted lung hit with. My Sis lives in New Zealand.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    It turned up and Ive been puffing on it for about an hour. Initial impressions:
    Ive put a 2.5id 1.1ohm coil in it. Normally I aim for 1.3ish. I wicked the same way I wick any of my mtl rta's, I didnt make a fuss about it.
    The draw can be made as tight as a berserker or looser than I would ever be interested in. About as loose as a Zenith with the air flow wide open.
    I use the berserker on the biggest airflow setting, Naut2 with two holes open and the Zenith with one hole open, the Ammit MTL RTA can be dialed in to match any of these with the option to go to a much tighter draw or a much looser draw.
    Initially I did have some gurgling going on. I over did it priming the wick and excess juice got trapped in the chamber. I turned the tank upside down, took the base/deck off, cleaned out any excess juice inside the chamber/chimney and around the base of the deck, put it back together and blew through the device with the airflow wide open while holding it in a paper towel and removed any excess juice, exactly the same as I would for any gurgling tank. Gurgle begone.
    Its a smooth full vape. Its my idea of a good mtl draw. Im vaping flavourless with it and the taste is very present and very clear even with cotton that is really just being broken in.
    Vapour produced is about right for me, what ever that means.
    Its a well made device, I like it. Im not really taken by the look of it in much the same way I dont really like the look of the Zenith.
    Anyway, thats a one hour of use review. :)

edited to add I havnt found a whistle sound in it yet :)

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2017
    Bolton, England
    It turned up and Ive been puffing on it for about an hour. Initial impressions:
    Ive put a 2.5id 1.1ohm coil in it. Normally I aim for 1.3ish. I wicked the same way I wick any of my mtl rta's, I didnt make a fuss about it.
    The draw can be made as tight as a berserker or looser than I would ever be interested in. About as loose as a Zenith with the air flow wide open.
    I use the berserker on the biggest airflow setting, Naut2 with two holes open and the Zenith with one hole open, the Ammit MTL RTA can be dialed in to match any of these with the option to go to a much tighter draw or a much looser draw.
    Initially I did have some gurgling going on. I over did it priming the wick and excess juice got trapped in the chamber. I turned the tank upside down, took the base/deck off, cleaned out any excess juice inside the chamber/chimney and around the base of the deck, put it back together and blew through the device with the airflow wide open while holding it in a paper towel and removed any excess juice, exactly the same as I would for any gurgling tank. Gurgle begone.
    Its a smooth full vape. Its my idea of a good mtl draw. Im vaping flavourless with it and the taste is very present and very clear even with cotton that is really just being broken in.
    Vapour produced is about right for me, what ever that means.
    Its a well made device, I like it. Im not really taken by the look of it in much the same way I dont really like the look of the Zenith.
    Anyway, thats a one hour of use review. :)

edited to add I havnt found a whistle sound in it yet :)
    Hourly updates were expecting now lol. I find it very quiet as well.

Got the Ammit MTL couple days ago, slapped on a 2.5mm titanium clapton on it, and it was really disappointing, had some time yesterday and put a 3mm clapton on it and it changed my whole perception of it. Completely. Gone are the gurgles and spitback. It seems that the coil has to be centered perfectly between the 3 airflow holes to achieve optimal performance. seems that a 3mm wick is just nice to stop juice from overflowing into the chamber and airflow. Build was easy and straightforward, vaping on the smallest 'airflow hole' for that nice MTL feel, but for those who want a crazy-airy draw, there's the option of going wide open on the airflow.

Will be doing a video review of it soon on my channel !

Here's a pic of the setup. 3mm Ti clapton, firing at 50w 400F
    DSC00111.jpg

Note the coil placement, which has to be centered nicely for good results
    coil airflow.jpg

Last edited:

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2017
    Bolton, England
    Got the Ammit MTL couple days ago, slapped on a 2.5mm titanium clapton on it, and it was really disappointing, had some time yesterday and put a 3mm clapton on it and it changed my whole perception of it. Completely. Gone are the gurgles and spitback. It seems that the coil has to be centered perfectly between the 3 airflow holes to achieve optimal performance. seems that a 3mm wick is just nice to stop juice from overflowing into the chamber and airflow. Build was easy and straightforward, vaping on the smallest 'airflow hole' for that nice MTL feel, but for those who want a crazy-airy draw, there's the option of going wide open on the airflow.

Will be doing a video review of it soon on my channel !

Here's a pic of the setup. 3mm Ti clapton, firing at 50w 400F
    View attachment 775513

Note the coil placement, which has to be centered nicely for good results
    View attachment 775515
    3mm worked great for me also

eVhv2jk.jpg

cuqESeT.jpg

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    1 week...ish review.
    I like the Ammit but prefer the 24mm Berserker.
    Both do a good job as far as flavour go, both are easy to build on, neither leak or seep, I dont have a problem with gurgling on either and I dont have a problem wicking either.
    Its just that the draw, temperature and airflow, of the Berserker suits me perfectly. I cant quite dial it in on the Ammit MTL RTA.
    I like everything about the ammit. Its well made and everything works flawlessly. Even the draw wouldnt be a problem if I didnt already have for reference the berserker. If I didnt have that I would probably entirely happy with the ammit.
    I still have some other wire and coils to try in the ammit to see if I cant get it closer to what seems to be my preference.
    Its the foolishness of trying to get things to conform to our own preference rather than learning how to bend, twist and adapt that keeps this nonsense going :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread