An Affordable RBA 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Toronto, Canada
When I ordered my Reomizer 2.0 I also ordered a delrin button for my Grand. Somewhere between ordering and receiving I forgot that I had order the button. I spent way too much time trying to figure out what this little black piece of plastic had to do with my new rba, the sad part is that I almost got it to "work" with my rba before I figured out that it was a button for my Grand.

S-M-R-T, I am so smrt.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
What type ss mesh you using Dave? Any preferences, ie 400, 500?

I've got both, and I honestly can't tell the difference between the two, except when I'm buying it.

I think it MAY make a difference when using it for a genesis or zenesis coil, but it's negligible when using it on a RM2.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
When I ordered my Reomizer 2.0 I also ordered a delrin button for my Grand. Somewhere between ordering and receiving I forgot that I had order the button. I spent way too much time trying to figure out what this little black piece of plastic had to do with my new RBA, the sad part is that I almost got it to "work" with my RBA before I figured out that it was a button for my Grand.

S-M-R-T, I am so smrt.

That's too funny. Sounds like something I'm prone to doing.

boilednuts

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
ALOHA STATE
I've got both, and I honestly can't tell the difference between the two, except when I'm buying it.

I think it MAY make a difference when using it for a genesis or zenesis coil, but it's negligible when using it on a RM2.

Thanks bro, my mesh supposed to arrive May 1st, slow boat from singapore, so total 2 weeks a waiting :(. I

biggerintx

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
United States
Checking back in. After testing for a day, the new wick and coil *is* providing more flavor. In short I'm happy with the total package - vapor production, throat hit, flavor, and convenience (i.e. zero flooding). The vape is cool and very "smooth" - so the mouth feel improved too. Never would have thought I'd be happy with a 2.0 Ohm coil on a 3.7V device but the results speak for themselves. Thanks y'all.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Checking back in. After testing for a day, the new wick and coil *is* providing more flavor. In short I'm happy with the total package - vapor production, throat hit, flavor, and convenience (i.e. zero flooding). The vape is cool and very "smooth" - so the mouth feel improved too. Never would have thought I'd be happy with a 2.0 Ohm coil on a 3.7V device but the results speak for themselves. Thanks y'all.

Did you get used to the air / draw yet?

boilednuts

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
ALOHA STATE
As long as it forms a tube, it's all good. Obviously, you coil it when it's still on the drill bit, paper clip, large sewing needle, etc. How many layers just equals how thick it is, and that's a matter of personal preference.

I believe mine is 375... you could go for a larger number without issue. Originally mine was bought to redo the stem feed system on an eRoll.

Thanks guys, I'll try various different mesh and post back. Won't be anytime soon I'm afraid, after getting them I'll try them maybe for about 5-7 days each starting with the #500 so I can get a good feel on them :)

biggerintx

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
United States
Did you get used to the air / draw yet?

I was already used to it from using the RBA for several days. I am OK with the airy draw as long as the other parts are there too (in my case it was flavor that was lacking).

So my previous air hole comment was from my experiments in trying to get more flavor. I noticed that covering up part of the air hole increases flavor, but at the cost of vapor production. I learned about a new variable that I hadn't seen anyone mention so I thought I'd share. It wasn't that I didn't like the draw.

But in modeling my coil more closely after yours I was able to get enough flavor to make me happy in combination with all the other positive qualities of the RBA - vapor production, throat hit, and convenience (no flooding, no juice in catch cup, etc.). The flavor is still a tad lower than some other attys I have but those others are weaker in other areas - like lower vapor production or much more prone to flooding. Overall I like the Reomizer 2.0 much better than any of the Joye or Ikenvape attys I have tried on my Reo Grand. The zero flooding "feature" is worth a lot all by itself IMO.

And this is only my third wick and coil. Who knows what more experience with RBAs will bring. :)

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
I realize that this is the stupidest question ever. But I threw out my O ring for the Reomizer by accident.

Is that O ring necessary to avoid a short?

The o-ring is only used as an option to put the side air intake hole exactly where you want it. It is not needed to prevent either leaking or shorts.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I came home from work today and found a package from REOsmods.

Two brand new Reomizer 2.0, wick and wire. A special gift from a very generous and caring friend.

I am very excited to use them. So far I looked at them and am very impressed with the quality.

Tomorrow I will wrap coils and see just what they can do!

Thank you so much my friend, for setting me up with a wonderful surprise! :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread