Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody7781

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Buffalo,NY
Dont worry, we are all a bit para - normal sometimes.....

giphy.gif

Now that's creepy

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I gotta question for you all that have been at all the rebuilding with cotton for longer than I have. I have noticed that I occasionally get a dry-ish hit from my Odys when I let them sit unused for about 10mins. I also have gone to using less cotton in my builds. COuld this occasional dry taste be because of too much space left on the coils? I dont remember it happening when I used to use thicker amounts of cotton. Everyone is always going on about less is more, but thats on drippers.

What are your thoughts?

Oh, forgot to add, this is KGD with 1.0 build and heavy VG, something like 70VG / 30PG

Last edited:

Woody7781

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Buffalo,NY
I gotta question for you all that have been at all the rebuilding with cotton for longer than I have. I have noticed that I occasionally get a dry-ish hit from my Odys when I let them sit unused for about 10mins. I also have gone to using less cotton in my builds. COuld this occasional dry taste be because of too much space left on the coils? I dont remember it happening when I used to use thicker amounts of cotton. Everyone is always going on about less is more, but thats on drippers.

What are your thoughts?

Oh, forgot to add, this is KGD with 1.0 build and heavy VG, something like 70VG / 30PG

Been using cotton for a while now. From my personal experience, dry hits mean your wick is choked. Try to take a little at a time off the coil and see what happens. I'm not familiar the ody so can't help there. When putting cotton through your coil, you want just the SLIGHTEST but of resistance. If you hold both ends of the wick, and pull the wick side to side, it should move ALMOST freely.
Sometimes it happens when there is too LITTLE cotton as well because the juice isn't contacting the coil as it should. But it may have a slight metallic taste. Getting the cotton density right is key in any atty.

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
Maybe this can be the general "nonsense" and social chatter thread :)
It has been discussed before having a social thread many of enjoy how it has been structured from the beginning. The discussions we have are nice to have on the official thread as it bumps GP and keeps its together.
Many of us also agree that it got out of hand towards the end of thread 2 and it was discussed.
I know that some members had to self police the issue and I believe it has been handled.
The double/triple and on....multiple posting needed to end. I think it has been resolved nicely.
It caused much un needed tension.
I have boasted in constant fashion on and off this thread about the Family atmosphere and how special it is to be a part of GP. We need to remember that there are quite a few members and non members that keep an eye here and lurk. Imo what was going on will not only push them away but push out own away. I had many PMs eluding to that as a potential last resort.
We are and should always striving to grow this family as activity brings many positive changes including knowledge, friendship, ideas, supporting GP and more.
Not wanting to lose anyone anytime and out of sheer respect for the thread fam and GP but, we have to check ourselves and it was done in respectful fashion.

Anyway, good idea Pris but, too many VapourArt threads imo just dilutes them. I don't doubt this thread may stay open but, the old timers of GP may lose their way.
Perseas has mentioned in the past to chat there and keep the socializing to a minimum on our other threads.
I really think the socializing on the official thread truly helps the comfort level and brings a sense of welcome to those that pop in for help or device information.

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
Went to a wedding tonight with 2 Xs topped with Herons in the double holster. I just love the holster.

There were a couple of other vapers there, including the pastor who had a Nemisis, and alot of smokers. Every smoker and vaper flocked around the GPs in awe of their beauty, craftsmanship and performance.

The X/Heron combo sure treated me well tonight. I left home at 3pm and back at 1 am and they are still vaping strong on the same bats with no refills.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
What batteries do you all use on the X? I mostly use it in 490 mode and the AW IMR 18490's it it and they fit perfectly as well as the 18650. I popped in a AW 350 and found I got a big ole gap. ITs a real tight fit and I either have to leave a gap at the top or one of the other sections. Im thinking of getting a few of the purple Efest 350's since they are flat topped.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
What batteries do you all use on the X? I mostly use it in 490 mode and the AW IMR 18490's it it and they fit perfectly as well as the 18650. I popped in a AW 350 and found I got a big ole gap. ITs a real tight fit and I either have to leave a gap at the top or one of the other sections. Im thinking of getting a few of the purple Efest 350's since they are flat topped.

Use the shorter pin of the GPin for the 18350 mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread