Are YOU a Tootle Puffer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
I'm trying to show her the positives of vaping, and trying not to pressure her. She wants to quit smoking. But she doesn't want to quit smoking. We all know what I mean.

There is a different way of looking at it that I find works. Forget about using vaping to quit smoking. It is irrelevant at this point.

Tell her that the first step is to give vaping a shot, it's something she may enjoy.

Help her find a flavor profile that she likes, fruit, baked goods, whatever.

Do not pressure her to quit smoking. Pressure begets pressure. If she is pressuring herself, help her to relax about it. Just learn to vape.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
She wants to quit smoking. But she doesn't want to quit smoking. We all know what I mean.
Yep, that's my DW to a tee. She Keeps saying she wants to quit (and she NEEDS TOO), She wears a patch, etc. etc. BUT won't try vaping, even though I am going to be 2 years Friday cig free, and she is proud of me, but she won't even try it. I have bought her lots of different setups that she thought she might like, also made her some juice with WTA in it to help, but if she won't try it won't work. She HAS TO WANT IT TO WORK. Good Luck, You WILL NEED IT. Bottom Line, It HAS to be HER Choice.

jaytex1969

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Austin, TX
Tootle gear alert:

For my fellow blister pack-ers,

MFS is having their periodic 40% off coils.

Code COILS40%

Also, free s/h on orders of $75. I piled coils until I hit $75, then applied the code, which dropped it into the 40's and still got the free s/h...

Jay :headbang:

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
She wants to be a non-smoker, without having to "quit smoking." Tell her that's EXACTLY what vaping is! That's why IT WORKS!!! That was my position for 20+ yrs -- I really didn't want to smoke anymore, but couldn't abide the suffering.

Andria
She's starting to believe.
There is a different way of looking at it that I find works. Forget about using vaping to quit smoking. It is irrelevant at this point.

Tell her that the first step is to give vaping a shot, it's something she may enjoy.

Do not pressure her to quit smoking. Pressure begets pressure. If she is pressuring herself, help her to relax about it. Just learn to vape.
I am definitely not pressuring her to quit smoking. I may be guilty of pressuring her (I hope not, though) to try vaping. Your advice is well taken.
Cheese Parmesan Pre-Mixed 3ml Sample
Garlic Pre-Mixed 3ml Sample
Lemon Sicily Pre-Mixed 3ml Sample
Black Pepper - eLiquid Flavor - ECBlend
Mustard HelloCig E-Liquid 10ml
Olive Pre-Mixed 3ml Sample (A couple of drops of 100% vg for olive oil.)

Almost there. Sadly, although I've been looking for years, I have yet to find a lettuce flavor. The closest I think might work is modified cucumber.
I love cucumber! That would work. Thanks for the recipe!
Yep, that's my DW to a tee. She Keeps saying she wants to quit (and she NEEDS TOO), She wears a patch, etc. etc. BUT won't try vaping, even though I am going to be 2 years Friday cig free, and she is proud of me, but she won't even try it. I have bought her lots of different setups that she thought she might like, also made her some juice with WTA in it to help, but if she won't try it won't work. She HAS TO WANT IT TO WORK. Good Luck, You WILL NEED IT. Bottom Line, It HAS to be HER Choice.
You are so right. I really appreciate everybody's advice and input. I really do.
:thumbs:
BTW, as to the original subject of this thread:
Tootle Setups 0915.jpg

I am definitely still a proud Tootle Puffer!!! :thumb:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Hi, I'm Desolation Angel and I'm a tootle puffer (whew, confession over!)....

Hi and welcome! Have you looked at Bella/Elegance tanks? They aren't Lava tanks, but look similar. I also heard good reviews about them, back when carto tanks were the rage.

tanks.jpg

Evolution Tanks

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
As our thread draws to a close, I would really appreciate if some of the ladies could post pics of their blingiest and most fashionable tootle rigs, like Andria did above. I know there's already lots of pics, but I don't want to look over 750 pages...

I'm trying to push my wife over the edge. She just failed (once again) at quitting by "cutting back", which never worked for me or anyone else I know that's tried it. She's shown interest in my vaping, but still has (mostly BS) excuses for not trying it herself.

But she's a sucker for bling. Maybe you can help me push her over away from the dark side, and into the light.

On edit: @Katdarling --Don't just like my post! I know you have bling that you haven't even posted yet. Show me some goodies, lady! :hubba:

Does this count as bling?

oceperonscreensigned.jpg
oceperonbuttonside.jpg

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
@Desolation Angel

Hi there. Welcome to tootle puffer paradise. :p

Jonboy tanks started me on my collecting obsession for acrylic carto tanks but sadly as I live in a different time zone I could never get one. I have a huge collection of the next best thing (elegance tanks) and use them everyday. I luv them.

Congrats on getting back into the game and trust me when I say you are not old fashioned.....just sensible. Why mess with what works. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

u haz beated me to the Elegance tanks.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I was at the company training center today and outside vaping while chatting with a couple guys I havent seen in a few years. Had some silent but powerful flatulence and just kept on vaping without saying a word about it. One of the guys looks at me and say that smells like :censored:. Took a deep drag to keep from busting out laughing :D
You vapin"The Kings Flatulence"?

Desolation Angel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Lexington, KY
Hi and welcome! Have you looked at Bella/Elegance tanks? They aren't Lava tanks, but look similar. I also heard good reviews about them, back when carto tanks were the rage.

tanks.jpg

Evolution Tanks

I just found out about them today, and went looking. They are gorgeous! Thanks.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Yep, I had upgraded my lava tank tube to glass, so I'm good there.

You have to keep an eye on the caps too. Not every vendor's recipe of the same flavor can be be a problem, but just be aware. The reason IBTanked no longer carries acrylic caps is because my juice turn them into slime. Although OCD (IBTanked's owner) called my juice the most aggressive he'd seen, he didn't want to run the risk of it happening to anyone else.

Before and after:

grommets.jpg

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
I just found out about them today, and went looking. They are gorgeous! Thanks.

This will be the last of them so they are on special plus the 10% discount. Most of mine are the elegance shape but do have quite a few Bella ones when the colours I wanted were only in that shape.

Actually @Katdarling had one for sale not that long ago.

Reactions: Katdarling

Desolation Angel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Lexington, KY
You have to keep an eye on the caps too. Not every vendor's recipe of the same flavor can be be a problem, but just be aware. The reason IBTanked no longer carries acrylic caps is because my juice turn them into slime. Although OCD (IBTanked's owner) called my juice the most aggressive he'd seen, he didn't want to run the risk of it happening to anyone else.

Before and after:

grommets.jpg

I'll keep an eye on the caps, but inquiring minds want to know what in the world you were vaping in that thing? That's rather impressive.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com

This is really excellent advice. When I started vaping, I had no intention, no IDEA of quitting smoking; I was just tired of freezing my bits off out on the porch, in the middle of the coldest winter in 30 yrs, and wanted a way to assauge my cravings indoors -- vaping gave me that, and since I had to come here to get good info about the right cigalike for me to start with, I started seeing all this about how easy it was to quit, with vaping -- and I just thought, hmmmmm... I've been wanting to quit for a long time... could it really work? so I gave it a shot, just trying to see how many cigs i could replace with vaping... I was down to about 5 a day within the first week, without even really trying! So I thought, what if I DID *really try*? Within the next 2 wks, I got it down to 1 a day.... that morning smoke was the most stubborn, till I realized, I was trying to vape as if i was smoking -- deep fast inhales. When I slowed it down, and made more of an effort to exhale thru my nose... that morning smoke was history too. And I was using a cigalike at the time, an eRoll.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread