Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
HI Everyone, need help! been vaping 7 years using primary the ego one's, mega v2. Purchased Evic primo and Ares in Feb. And have used everday but I can't get Ares to match anything close In flavor coil/wick longevity of ego one, have to change cotton everyday, coils every 3 days juice gets so dark. Vape at 8-13 watts Making all coils around 1ohm Using 28g kanthal, tried spaced coils, different diameters. Just went back to old ego v2, using 1ohm and I get several weeks out of prebuild coil, taste better, no dark juice. What am I doing wrong? Thank you in advance for your questions and suggestions..
My Ares never got dark. When I saw you stating that your gets dark it surprised me. Do you have any pics of your builds? Seeing what it looks like helps a lot. What size wire do you use? Have you tried Rayon wick yet? I mostly use 2 or 2.5mm SS coils on mine with 6 to 8 spaced wraps and I keep the coil as close as possible to the air outlet.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Boyer357

Jun 16, 2018
My Ares never got dark. When I saw you stating that your gets dark it surprised me. Do you have any pics of your builds? Seeing what it looks like helps a lot. What size wire do you use? Have you tried Rayon wick yet? I mostly use 2 or 2.5mm SS coils on mine with 6 to 8 spaced wraps and I keep the coil as close as possible to the air outlet.
The to do

Boyer357

Jun 16, 2018
The to do
Using 28 gauge k
[QUOTE="Boyer35 really can't figure it out. My builds are exactly what is instructed, 28g kanthal, tried every diameter, spacing, ect. Even differect juice 60/40..50/50....12% nic....but using same juice in ego one v2 1ohm or .5 juice and flavor perfect?[/QUOTE]

• Optimistic

Boyer357

Jun 16, 2018
Using 28 gauge k
[QUOTE="Boyer35 really can't figure it out. My builds are exactly what is instructed, 28g kanthal, tried every diameter, spacing, ect. Even differect juice 60/40..50/50....12% nic....but using same juice in ego one v2 1ohm or .5 juice and flavor perfect?
[/QUOTE]
I don't have my Ares/evic primo vape right now, left at friends, That's why I busted out the ego, and had to post on thread for help.
I have not tried rayon or aNY other wire gauge...I have to be missing something and will post pictures of build and evic primo settings.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
HI Everyone, need help! been vaping 7 years using primary the ego one's, mega v2. Purchased Evic primo and Ares in Feb. And have used everday but I can't get Ares to match anything close In flavor coil/wick longevity of ego one, have to change cotton everyday, coils every 3 days juice gets so dark. Vape at 8-13 watts Making all coils around 1ohm Using 28g kanthal, tried spaced coils, different diameters. Just went back to old ego v2, using 1ohm and I get several weeks out of prebuild coil, taste better, no dark juice. What am I doing wrong? Thank you in advance for your questions and suggestions..

You may not be doing anything wrong. They're two very different vapes. I like both, but the mega you mention just happens to be the best vape for my taste buds. Maybe yours are similar to mine in that regard.

I find the Ares to still be quite enjoyable, but I don't look to replicate the other with it. Just the opposite in fact. I look to the Ares for the very change in experience that it provides me with.

My Ares coils last awhile but I use high PG & nic juices with it, none are "gunkers". 3mm kanthal coils, power mode only, and plain old cotton works just fine for me.

Boyer357

Jun 16, 2018
You may not be doing anything wrong. They're two very different vapes. I like both, but the mega you mention just happens to be the best vape for my taste buds. Maybe yours are similar to mine in that regard.

I find the Ares to still be quite enjoyable, but I don't look to replicate the other with it. Just the opposite in fact. I look to the Ares for the very change in experience that it provides me with.

My Ares coils last awhile but I use high PG & nic juices with it, none are "gunkers". 3mm kanthal coils, power mode only, and plain old cotton works just fine for me.

Reactions: DPLongo22

Boyer357

Jun 16, 2018
Great to hear from a user that has ego and ares...the thing I cant figure out is the gunking, and super dark juice after just one tank..it just ruins the experience, starts good and ends bad..changing cotton /coils daily..I bought kanthal master of clouds 28g had same experience with it..
Using jus power mode 9-13 watts

• Optimistic

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Just not as impressed with the Ares. Little things, like it was just sensitive. I just happened to try a Zeus and it is similar or better in all categories.

I do have a bunch of Ares and thought to PIF, but my wife said, "no". I may still yet do so down the road.

Anyway, nine Zeus and just no issues.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Things that gunk ,dark, sweet juices, NETs WTAs and chain vaping at any wattage (it will still overheat the coil.) High VG, high overall flavoring content.

IDK what may be different about the Ares for you, but I'm not 100% sure it's your build. It may just be that that tank, with the juice you are using, isn't a good match. I'd consider trying rayon you have nothing to lose at this point (it gunks less rapidly and is a more forgiving wick.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties.

Anna

Boyer357

Jun 16, 2018
Got any pics of your build???
I don't, could you post some of yours, I will say they are identical to Phils, but I have tried everything, when you have to build every day you get that privalege, I have had best results with micro coils but still motor oil city..
When I get vape back I will do a breakdown, of build, juice aND tesults

• Optimistic

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I don't, could you post some of yours, I will say they are identical to Phils, but I have tried everything, when you have to build every day you get that privalege, I have had best results with micro coils but still motor oil city..
When I get vape back I will do a breakdown, of build, juice aND tesults
If you want the best help, you need to show us. Otherwise we really can't help as much.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have no idea either, and yea without pics it's a bit hard. Granted, I use rayon but I've always got really GREAT longevity with my wicks in the Ares, more so than some other RTAs.

I understand you've been building a long time, and you may feel your build is "identical" to the maker's but A) It's probably not, as sometimes the slightest thing can mean a huge change. Even if I'm trying to "replicate" a built, I'm pretty sure I never do, completely and B) that might not be the right build for you, your vaping style, your wattages and etc.

Good luck, and really if frustrated posting a build pic or two is probably the best place to START. You'll probably still have to try suggestions and whatnot, but with no starting point things get rather, um vague. Etc.

Best of luck though,

Anna

Reactions: Ryedan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread