Ask IMAGINE & S_Steve - Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    She might just be in the process of getting that contest stuff done. Sometimes these things take a while. Plus there was the whole weekend. Imagine probably just needed to answer everyones questions about products and stuff. There's also real life stuff that she probably has to take care of too. :2cool:

But I also wish things would go a little quicker too, I'm not a very patient person.:facepalm:...:laugh:

Brittlebrittlemoon

Jul 1, 2012
    KCMO
    Hello, fellow Volties! First off, happy holidays.
    But to get to the point, I've got a weird dilemma. I'm an artist, and am opening a show on January 3rd with a performance piece, of which I need an e-pipe for (can't smoke a real pipe in a gallery without risking damaging all of my other pieces and having some legal issues arise). But, because it is the holiday season, all of the e-pipes I've found online are either sold out, have poor reviews/ones that don't sync up with my particular specifics, or are out of my price range.
    So, my idea was that I could maybe sculpt a pipe-shaped housing for one of my favorite brand's 72mm batteries. Obviously this is something I would sculpt so that it wouldn't be a very tight fit, function as a real pipe when there's no battery in it, allowing airflow around the e-cig while in use, etc. Basically, small automatic battery with a small-battery-compatible clearo attached, able to slide into the stem of this pipe, with only the mouth piece of the clearo exposed and a small amount of cotton in the mouthpiece end of the pipe to keep the e-cig from just sliding out of the pipe when I set it down.
    The question is, do you think this would work or would it cause the battery to explode or something ridiculous like that? Knowing me, if this design does work out, I would likely use the housing for kicks/shock value when running errands and such, but if you think more use of such a design would damage the battery, I could refrain. This is something that really only needs to work out for about 5 minutes during an hour long performance.
    I've asked one of my e-cig using friends about this already and he seems to think it'd be okay. Figured I should ask Imagine, anyway, since I'd need to place a new SI order for clearos and I don't want to waste precious clay on something that'll just ruin my e-cigs....
    *crosses fingers for a speedy reply*

Brittlebrittlemoon

Jul 1, 2012
    KCMO
    What? I dont understand the delima but I say do it. FCK it what do you have to lose.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

In short, can't order an actual epipe kit because all the ones I'm remotely interested in are sold out so I want to make a casing that looks like a pipe (and would be hollow throughout to allow airflow) for a volt battery. I really just don't wanna ruin my ecigs or have a technical issue during the performance. I'm afraid vaping on an ecig that I have almost entirely encased in something else will cause the battery to overheat; just wanted to see if that would be the case or if it'd be fine n dandy. And yeah, I realize I sound like a crazy person over here, don't mind me, haha xD

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 16, 2011
    OHIO USA
    www.SmokelessImage.com
    this is really not a question I can answer...as we would not recommend any sort of modification to the battery.

In short, can't order an actual epipe kit because all the ones I'm remotely interested in are sold out so I want to make a casing that looks like a pipe (and would be hollow throughout to allow airflow) for a volt battery. I really just don't wanna ruin my ecigs or have a technical issue during the performance. I'm afraid vaping on an ecig that I have almost entirely encased in something else will cause the battery to overheat; just wanted to see if that would be the case or if it'd be fine n dandy. And yeah, I realize I sound like a crazy person over here, don't mind me, haha xD

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sitting down, facing forward.
    From a safety aspect, look at it this way...the battery does not overheat in your hand so why would it overheat if you drilled out the stem of straight stemmed pipe to 3/8" and slid a 65mm or 78mm battery into the hole? You're not modifying the battery, just putting a wrap, of sorts, on it.

(to be read at double speed)
    Just my opinion, worth what you're paying for it. Your results and mileage may vary. No warranty or guarantee is expressed or implied. Proceed at your own risk. The original poster is held harmless from any and all liability. I am not a scientist, physicist, chemist, doctor, medical professional and hold no recognized academic degrees nor do I play any of them on TV.

charlzrocks

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 28, 2012
    Hamilton, MS
    Just my opinion, worth what you're paying for it. Your results and mileage may vary. No warranty or guarantee is expressed or implied. Proceed at your own risk. The original poster is held harmless from any and all liability. I am not a scientist, physicist, chemist, doctor, medical professional and hold no recognized academic degrees nor do I play any of them on TV.

"This has been a statement of opinion on the part of station management."

cindycated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 19, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    From a safety aspect, look at it this way...the battery does not overheat in your hand so why would it overheat if you drilled out the stem of straight stemmed pipe to 3/8" and slid a 65mm or 78mm battery into the hole? You're not modifying the battery, just putting a wrap, of sorts, on it.

Yeah, I guess just make sure there are plenty of vent holes for airflow (it would have to be an auto batt, right?)...

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sitting down, facing forward.
    The majority of the air flow is at the battery/delivery device connection. A very small amount of air comes in at the LED end of the battery to activate the automatic switch. Given that a pipe stem is hollow, that's more than enough air flow capacity for an auto battery. A manual would have to stick out, but if the mouthpiece of the pipe is removed, that wouldn't make it all that much longer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread