Status
Not open for further replies.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Good suggestion - it just makes an already long atty that much longer.

I also have glass anxiety. Haha. Just worried I'll break it and walk around like my device is crystal stemware (not that I have any crystal stemware - but you get the idea - haha).

-Sent via Tapatalk

I'm running the glass on all 5 KFv4's and I've knocked them over more than a few times and they're all holding up great. I ordered 5 spare glass sections but haven't needed them in over 3 months of daily use (I only use KFv4's now).

My 5th came from FT today, the ss316 version. It looks shinier(?) but there's some nicks and scratches on it. I haven't washed it or built it yet. The middle section that holds the glass (28 and 32) seems dull compared to the base. The drip tip design cut out edges are sharp. I'm not impressed at all with the 316 version. I should've gotten the Infinite or Hotcig version.

If I didn't have to waste $40 on FT (gc as refund, no choice), I would've just ordered another Tobeco. If you couldn't tell, FT is on my .....list. I also finally got the 510 drip tip adapter for my Mutation X v2 that I ordered and they forgot to pack with a previous order. So much better than those goofy wide drip tips.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I remember when you were asking about witch one to get, and when you decided not to get the infinite. Live and learn. BTW the infinite clones are the best one's I have Even better than the Tobeco :)

I'm running the glass on all 5 KFv4's and I've knocked them over more than a few times and they're all holding up great. I ordered 5 spare glass sections but haven't needed them in over 3 months of daily use (I only use KFv4's now).

My 5th came from FT today, the ss316 version. It looks shinier(?) but there's some nicks and scratches on it. I haven't washed it or built it yet. The middle section that holds the glass (28 and 32) seems dull compared to the base. The drip tip design cut out edges are sharp. I'm not impressed at all with the 316 version. I should've gotten the Infinite or Hotcig version.

If I didn't have to waste $40 on FT (gc as refund, no choice), I would've just ordered another Tobeco. If you couldn't tell, FT is on my .....list. I also finally got the 510 drip tip adapter for my Mutation X v2 that I ordered and they forgot to pack with a previous order. So much better than those goofy wide drip tips.

doofy666

Dec 31, 2014
Wales, UK
I've just ordered a black one from gearbest: http://www.gearbest.com/electronic-cigarettes/pp_147105.html No logo.

Worth the risk for 15 dollars and the silver one from the same unnamed manufacturer has good reviews. I'll post a review when it gets here.

I also ordered a base section http://www.gearbest.com/electronic-cigarettes/pp_143946.html in the hope that replacing #8 might fix my Tobeco which has the sticking jc problem. If not, I'll finally have to bite the bullet and sand down #7. (Shimming #3 didn't quite work)

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I've just ordered a black one from gearbest: http://www.gearbest.com/electronic-cigarettes/pp_147105.html No logo.

Worth the risk for 15 dollars and the silver one from the same unnamed manufacturer has good reviews. I'll post a review when it gets here.

I also ordered a base section http://www.gearbest.com/electronic-cigarettes/pp_143946.html in the hope that replacing #8 might fix my Tobeco which has the sticking jc problem. If not, I'll finally have to bite the bullet and sand down #7. (Shimming #3 didn't quite work)

On my first K4 clone I shimmed it and had to sand down #7 a bit

doofy666

Dec 31, 2014
Wales, UK
On my first K4 clone I shimmed it and had to sand down #7 a bit

I remember - it's because of your suggestions I didn't simply throw the tobeco out the window. It's shimmed with 10 thou which isn't quite enough and I lack confidence in my fine motor skills to sand #7 perfectly. But if a new #8 and/or #3 don't sort it, I'll finally get round to sanding #7 - I have a few spares so can afford to go a bit wild.

Interesting to see a new report of a jc prob in this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rta/666053-kf-v4-clone-floods-when-filled.html The poster's #25 was sticking against the inside of #26 and this had 2 consequences: a) #25 came off when the tank was removed and b) the jc stuck. Poster ground out the inside of #26 and all is well.

So many clones, so many problems :)

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I remember when you were asking about witch one to get, and when you decided not to get the infinite. Live and learn. BTW the infinite clones are the best one's I have Even better than the Tobeco :)

I went with the 316 because the Infinite had a 7 day wait before shipping and the 316 shipped the next day.

I cleaned it and built a .18Ω Ni200 coil in it. I replaced the #16 o-ring just because. It's vaping great, just like my other 4 KF v4's. I would rate it above the FC and FT but below the Tobecos.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Cant blame you there. Ships in 7 days can mean anything! My first infinite (black) said ships in 7 days took 3 weeks to ship :( but only 10 days to get here :)
I have mentioned this before, the threading on the infinite is great, means a lot on a V4 cause your all ways threading some were on it :)
opening and closing JC smooth removing bottom section smooth even breaking it all down for cleaning really smooth threading :)
Also nice spares kit and tank selections
If you put your mind to it all the clones can work and work good so only real difference is fit and Finnish and Threading :)

I went with the 316 because the Infinite had a 7 day wait before shipping and the 316 shipped the next day.

I cleaned it and built a .18Ω Ni200 coil in it. I replaced the #16 o-ring just because. It's vaping great, just like my other 4 KF v4's. I would rate it above the FC and FT but below the Tobecos.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Just an FYI A while back I started getting dry hits with my Tobeco I changed # 16 Oring and it went away :) I didn't look into it further.
I had a bit of a problem with my FT A version it was loose on the juice all most like it was going to flood all the time. I broke it all down cleaned it and changed # 16 O ring. At first it looked like the loose juice problem was fixed :) Then I started to get dry hits just like the Tobeco was doing. I broke it all down and noticed a tiny gap between were part 17 sits on the base. I unscrewed the JC and tried all four of the different ways it could be seated, found the best one with as little gap as posable and it fixed the dry hits :)
So anyone having dry hit look closely were part 17 meets the base (JC closed)

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
Just completely stripped down the FT type A to lightly wet n dry all threaded parts because they are still tight or snagging. Couldn't get #28 off #26 for the life of me so set about it with a vice grips and silicone strips. The threaded end of the evaporation chamber bent inwards under the pressure of the grips and is now trashed. So glad it is only a $23 clone!!!

So now I need to get a replacement #26 but also another KF 4. Is the Tobeco the best version to get or the 'out of stock' infinite from FT? I was also considering the 316 but figured by now there would be a clear winner. Help!!

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Future tip for you, for the K4 (and any atomizer with a congestion ring or chimney cap threaded to a congestion ring as well). Use a LIGHT touch. Stroke it like you're trying to seduce it, don't grip it.

Gripping it more than very lightly deforms it so that it hangs on to those fine pitch threads for dear life.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Just completely stripped down the FT type A to lightly wet n dry all threaded parts because they are still tight or snagging. Couldn't get #28 off #26 for the life of me so set about it with a vice grips and silicone strips. The threaded end of the evaporation chamber bent inwards under the pressure of the grips and is now trashed. So glad it is only a $23 clone!!!

So now I need to get a replacement #26 but also another KF 4. Is the Tobeco the best version to get or the 'out of stock' infinite from FT? I was also considering the 316 but figured by now there would be a clear winner. Help!!

Check out ebay for some. I saw a Tobeco KF4 there for $25 from US.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Future tip for you, for the K4 (and any atomizer with a congestion ring or chimney cap threaded to a congestion ring as well). Use a LIGHT touch. Stroke it like you're trying to seduce it, don't grip it.

Gripping it more than very lightly deforms it so that it hangs on to those fine pitch threads for dear life.

Thanks for the tip. Generally I just snug down very gently but with the FT type A snagging I've had problems getting the build deck on and off as well as keeping the tank parts secure with only hand-tightening the lock nut and I reckon that is how the evaporation chamber got overly tight.

Does anyone have experience with the 'no-logo' EHPRO K 4 ? Looks well made.....

I was just watching a YT vid of a Russian review of the Tobeco, FT type B and Ehpro and you could see in the comparison that the Ehpro looked to be really cleanly machined and seemed to have bigger air flow in the base.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQHG6K5FIjc

Last edited:

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
You can't go wrong with a Tobeco. But the FT infinite is a little smoother IMO. all 3 colours are in stock and ship next day
If you need it right away get a Tobeco from EB if not the FT infinite clone is a quality piece :) Not to mention the spares kit and the bel cap all included with the Infinite and not with the Tobeco

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Thanks Steamer, you have your eye on the ball I suspect lol. I was off reading other related threads a while their and tried fixing the damage to my FT A and managed to get it done, just has some scratch's but works ok phew..

Most folks seem happy with the Tobeco's but I'm a bit concerned about the quality of the steel they are using (reports of rust spots on some) and that is why I was interested in the 316 steel. The EHPro looks nice and I believe they fixed any issues it had with the top cap but not sure about the 510 base issue.

I'm not in a rush to get another KF 4 and think I'll hang on to see what refinements take place over the next few months,

Thank you to those who commented..right off to work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread