Status
Not open for further replies.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Has anyone receive their clone and care to give their impressions? I'm particularly interested in Heespharm's comparison to his authentic.

Mine shipped from FT on the 23rd so I don't expect it before 1/6. I know there are some US sellers shipping now but will probably take a couple more days before they're in the hands of some ECF'ers.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I have 3 shipments from FT that were accepted in China post on the 22nd all within 2 hours of each other and were "preparing shipment" near 24 hours later. One of them departed San Francisco just before midnight last night, but it was not the K4 clone. I guess I"ll my get my Lemo Drop tomorrow or Tuesday but it's that K4 clone that's on my mind.

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
Has anyone receive their clone and care to give their impressions? I'm particularly interested in Heespharm's comparison to his authentic.

I got the same ones that ktm showed in his video... Real nice... Threads are actually smoother than the real thing... I think since the authentic is precision milled the threads have a tendency to bind more, but with the little bit of play in the clone threads keeps it from siezing...

Unfortunately I can't get the machine oil taste out... Anybody have a fool proof method?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I got the same ones that ktm showed in his video... Real nice... Threads are actually smoother than the real thing... I think since the authentic is precision milled the threads have a tendency to bind more, but with the little bit of play in the clone threads keeps it from siezing...

Unfortunately I can't get the machine oil taste out... Anybody have a fool proof method?

I have had reasonable success with green Listerine, but be careful with alcohol on some plastic tanks.
How about a macro pic of the spring?

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Green listerine??? Are you being for real bc I'm at work at cvs and can buy some right now

I'd go with their brand even, no bs
mint
I had a hard short once in the base of a Ithaka clone, the NR wire got red hot and burnt an o-ring, thought I'd never get that burning tire taste out but the Listerine did it.

Last edited:

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
I have 2 Coming this week one is still in Chicago, other one left Chicago on the 29th, first one is a Robot tech, might be here tomorrow, but more then likely Friday, and Saturday. Second one is a little less expensive, of unknown manufacturer I'll post up pics, and my thoughts when they arrive.

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
I picked up my Kayfun v4 clone today from a local shop. It is the Tobeco version. I did a preview video to show the parts and pieces ( NOT A REVIEW )

I have since wicked it up and its performing pretty damn nice! Other then getting use to what i need to open/close screw/unscrew its doing pretty nice! I will report back in a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread