Attack of the (Kayfun v4) Clones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circa Survivor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Omaha, NE
I'll support the original makers when they aren't bending me over, the "R&D" excuse doesn't wash when it comes to drippers as far as I'm concerned - it's all been done before at this point.

So true. I don't how much "R&D" you need to do on a basic design that they all use lol.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
I went for the first version with the black o rings, it's also the closest in dimensions to the original (depends on how good their vernier calipers are) looks to be the cleanest of the clones too.

At €17.81 I'm not too fussed if it's good or not and I'm not the biggest kayfun fan to start off with anyway.
Probably just should have bought another Erl or Rose clone.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Sorry but there is no way to say it any other way, wrong on both counts. The liquid control functions anywhere in between from open to closed
The spring carries the entire current.
Here is what I get on mine, with juice control open all the way 1.3 ohms, with juice control closed all the way 1.3 ohms.
For sure the spring is more compressed when juice control is open all the way.
And while I only use my liquid control either all the way on or all the way off the option to use it somewhere in the middle does exist. Then one needs to figure out how to keep it in the set position as it turns quite freely.
BTW, I removed my spring prior to posting just to make sure.

So there's no resistance when the spring is removed and the JC opened fully?

I just want to know which one is the best... of the clones from Fasttech. It only takes 7-10 days to get to me and for the price it's worth the wait.

No one knows because no one has one yet. There are a few US sellers that are shipping now so you can get it sooner.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Who has them in the US?

There's a few US sellers on eBay that are shipping now or within a couple of days.

Non what so ever, I suppose the air adjustment screw could be backed out far enough to make the connection but I didn't try that.

Interesting. I don't have one but was going by a review I read about the spring and juice control.

And I usually don't believe everything I read on the internet :blink:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
The spring in the K4 beside being stout and silver coated has also had the round wire ground flat on it's ends. I really can't imagine China getting this spring right so I ordered a couple of #1 kits from Vaperev. This will give me some spare insulators, screws and o-rings as well. The FT clones come with the same minus insulators. I wish that I had ordered from Intaste with my K4 'cause their like $10 there and $13 plus shipping at Vaperev.
10888921_922479704442921_6773229225856965195_n.jpg

Note the ends of the wire is flat where it makes contact.
My experience with China's silver coating is it conducts better when removed from the contact surface, just silver color doesn't quite make the grade.

But then again I'm probably just over reacting, the spring in the clone will probably work just fine, especially in the "open position" which is where everyone uses them anyway.

I suspect the clones are going to be pretty darn good.

Last edited:

johnny madman

Dec 2, 2014
For all the people in this thread talking sauce about research and development, and bla bla bla. about quality and materials. Take a look at the links below. 100% USA made, new design, with free juice for 60 bucks!

http://............../blog/2014/12/27/legit-project-sub-ohm-edition-vco-v2-60-00-free-juice/

Project Sub-Ohm Edition VCO V2 Mod by Aethertech

So we can make stuff in the good ole USA without giving people a nose bleed. Without making the price so unaffordable as to drive the population to the other side of the world to get something. The more things like this happen the better we will be in every way possible. From our standing in the world, to reducing the trade balance, to creating jobs and making quality authentic products that we can all afford. Instead of making excuses about bla bla bla.

Like I said Henry Ford thought us a lesson a long time ago, at least one US based company gets it.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Found this Kayfun V4 clone at CodeVape for $29.95. It is made be Wotofo AMOD. Anyone have any experience with AMOD?

No experience but AMOD made an Erlkonigin clone that was pretty good from what I've read. That looks like a pretty decent clone but no pic of the build deck.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
And Artemus just dropped the black and stainless Tobecos.. Theyre on sale too with a couple codes, the stainless comes out to $19.99, the black one 20.99.. Not sure if Im allowed to post the link to the VC blog with the codes but if its allowed Ill go dig it up.. Just got a $50 visa gift card in the mail yesterday too.. Guess for $20 Ill bite, although I was really waiting for an EHPro version hehe..

Kayfun V4.0 Black Style Rebuildable Tank Atomizer by Tobeco - Custom Mod Creation

Kayfun V4.0 SS Style Rebuildable Tank Atomizer by Tobeco - Custom Mod Creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread