Status
Not open for further replies.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I have one wrap of floss, can't use anymore :( won't fit... it doesn't leak terribly but, once a day I have to *drain* it... hopefully either the 11x1.5 or the 12x1.5 will sort it out. can't have it leaking when i'm away on holidays for 5 weeks ;)

I used cotton thread (about 10") and it worked for a few days before I swapped it out with a bigger o-ring (12.1mm x 1.6mm but sanded down to fit).

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
Nice to see Ehpro step up and replace the top nut. I love my (3) KFL+ from them so I was slightly disappointed they missed that.

Yeah it is cool that they acknowledged the issue. My seller just messaged me and is shipping out my updated top cap today. I have no idea how they got them so fast though. This might be something that was brought to light before me.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Yeah it is cool that they acknowledged the issue. My seller just messaged me and is shipping out my updated top cap today. I have no idea how they got them so fast though. This might be something that was brought to light before me.

I'm sure it's in their best interest to overnight the parts to vendors. Something like this gets around fast and could kill a product, especially when other clone makers got it right the first time. Too late for me though as I already have 2 and 2 more on the way. I doubt I'll need a 5th.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
I'm sure it's in their best interest to overnight the parts to vendors. Something like this gets around fast and could kill a product, especially when other clone makers got it right the first time. Too late for me though as I already have 2 and 2 more on the way. I doubt I'll need a 5th.

Actually I received another message from my seller when I asked how they got them so fast. They received a new shipment of the v4 and the top cap has been corrected. I guess EHPro were already aware of the issue and have since corrected it. I imagine there is going to be alot of damage control though. I just looked and my seller alone has sold 804 between silver and black. That is just one seller. That doesn't include other sellers as well as other online retailers. I just wonder how many people have received one with the bad top cap and have had flooding issues but aren't aware of the defect. And they just chalked it up to just being the way it is and gave up.

Spiceman1967

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2014
Lompoc, CA, USA
So, this probably isn't a Tobecco Kayfun V4 issue, but more than likely user error. I have noticed that when I refill, I don't get any air bubbles coming up the side of the tank after I open the liquid control valve. The vape is fine for a while and then it starts to fade. If it wasn't for my DNA40 I would probably get dry hits after awhile. I then have to close the liquid control valve, open the top (as if doing a refill), close the top, and re-open the liquid control valve. Again, no bubbles up the side and vapes great for awhile. This process repeats itself. It is almost like it fills with just enough liquid, I vape it off, and no liquid flows again until I do the process above.

Since this is my first tank (I mainly drip), I assumed I dorked up the wicking. The wick appears to be good, the ends are just above the air holes on one build and then barely touching the air holes on another.

Any ideas?

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
So, this probably isn't a Tobecco Kayfun V4 issue, but more than likely user error. I have noticed that when I refill, I don't get any air bubbles coming up the side of the tank after I open the liquid control valve. The vape is fine for a while and then it starts to fade. If it wasn't for my DNA40 I would probably get dry hits after awhile. I then have to close the liquid control valve, open the top (as if doing a refill), close the top, and re-open the liquid control valve. Again, no bubbles up the side and vapes great for awhile. This process repeats itself. It is almost like it fills with just enough liquid, I vape it off, and no liquid flows again until I do the process above.

Since this is my first tank (I mainly drip), I assumed I dorked up the wicking. The wick appears to be good, the ends are just above the air holes on one build and then barely touching the air holes on another.

Any ideas?

Too much cotton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.

Any ideas?

I would check the juice flow holes in the deck and chimney/bell. mine was obstructed on both when it arrived. cleaned them out and it works a treat now :)

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA

Any ideas?

Can you take some pics of your wick?

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com

Any ideas?

Mine seems to be wicking and vaping just fine, but I also dont get bubbles nearly as often as I did on my KFL+'s. Priming it works like the KFL+ but I have to cover all 4 airholes and draw for a bit but then a gigantic bubble will come up. Sometimes I see em when I open/close the JC, but more often I dont. Its still hitting ok though, no dry hits here, and every vape is blowing clouds just fine.. I had assumed this was just the way the new atty worked compared to the Lite but maybe not..

Raguvian

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2014
Houston

Any ideas?

I get a lot of bubbles with mine, but I also like to give mine a quick shake right after opening the juice control. I get a lot of bubbles to rise up that way.

Dudditz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Wisconsin
Dudditz, I do quick changes and handle just like any other Kayfun. Don't break it down, unscrew the cap to expose the file deck #32 and unscrew the deck, your left with just the tank section that you can run under water to clean. I rinse the deck and I'm rewicking and back in action in a couple minutes. Once you play with this tank a while it becomes a walk in the park. Granted it's not as easy as the Aqua or Kayfun lite but I believe the flavor is superior and with a couple extra minutes.

Thanks for the input Mark, will give this a go.

sos2001

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
South Carolina
Just got the Infinite version in...just a first glance as I am headed out the door for a few hours......The juice control turns nicely. The sections fit together tightly.

Not MUCH in the machine oil smell, just a hint. And yes, the drip tip nut has flat sides. Also saw one site that says all three of the clear tanks are poly...it does have the glass section, the full plastic section and the bell cap. Did come with some spare o-rings. We'll see how it works when time permits.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I'm so tired of my robbot K4 leaking, even though it isn't much I have to *drain* the base once a day before it comes out the air holes! so, with dwcraig1's input on the "12x1.5" for #16 o-ring I ordered a complete set from the oringstore + the 12x1.5. $10 shipping to Canada but, for a total of $14 it's worth gamble :) cheers dwcraig1 for the 12mm oring suggestion.

I'm now at 48+ hours with no leakage what so ever using 12 x 1.5 mm for #16

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
And that's working good right?

Perfectly.

Either solution works. The thread (or dental floss) should last a long time but I'm not much of a band-aid solution type of guy so I ordered the bigger o-rings. I think I need to sand it a bit more because the JC is fairly tight but no leaks at all. My black Tobeco is working perfectly too.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm going take a guess here that on the original the groove for o-ring 16 on part 17 is not the same depth on the corners as on the straight sections. And on the clones, or at least on some of them the groove is the same depth the whole way around. I no longer have an original or the ability to measure that closely.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
My postal carrier was too lazy to bring my package to the door on Saturday so I had to go get it today, I kind of lost interest in all my other hardware, as least for the moment.
Here's what I have been waiting for for months but wasn't late, well at least not till Saturday.
Nuppin on Sumpin.jpg

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    My postal carrier was too lazy to bring my package to the door on Saturday so I had to go get it today, I kind of lost interest in all my other hardware, as least for the moment.
    Here's what I have been waiting for for months but wasn't late, well at least not till Saturday.
    View attachment 405534

You have to tip them better, at x-mas...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread