Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
The first batch of K4's from Codevape had black o-rings and minor problems, the next batch had red o-rings. They appear to be from two different manufacturers.
Looks like the SS and the black have different colored o-rings
They have the same brand listed for both.

I got one that had red o-rings. Zero problems so far. And as noted in my other post it was identical to the one I got from FT.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
To safely remove the orings, for oring #16, I would squeeze one corner of the oring together till it pops up and slide it off from there. You have to have dry fingers for this to work also. It will come off easily without damage. I just tried it myself. Don't use and tools! You can kill an oring with tools if not 100% careful.

Ok, I found a friend of mine who works in a machinery in South Korea where I work too. He's ordered from his supplier a 11x1.5mm O-ring for me and it should arrive tomorrow.

I gather from this long thread that the #16 o-ring is the main culprit and I hope that the size I ordered is in fact the correct size and not something bigger.

11 x 1.5 mm correct?

Somebody please let me know if I ordered the wrong size for part #16.

Many thanks for everybody's assistance thus far. Much appreciated.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Ok, I found a friend of mine who works in a machinery in South Korea where I work too. He's ordered from his supplier a 11x1.5mm O-ring for me and it should arrive tomorrow.

I gather from this long thread that the #16 o-ring is the main culprit and I hope that the size I ordered is in fact the correct size and not something bigger.

11 x 1.5 mm correct?

Somebody please let me know if I ordered the wrong size for part #16.

Many thanks for everybody's assistance thus far. Much appreciated.

11 x 1.5 mm is the size listed on the SM parts sheet and that should work for most but it wasn't big enough to seal on mine, I'm using 12 x 1.5 mm.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
If you don't mind me asking, what FT version of the Kayfun V4 clone did you buy with the problem?

Thanks dwcraig....

I have two type A's but they appear to not be by the same manufacturer, I ordered the first one when it was the only K4 listed
SKU: 2018000

Last edited:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
I have two type A's but they appear to not be by the same manufacturer, I order the first one when it was the only K4 listed
SKU: 2018000

Did both of them have the same problems?

I bought the same one as you when it first came out. Then I ordered the same one again last week. I'll soon see if they are different.

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
As far as leaking because of o-ring 1#16, yes, but on the first one I had to put a thin shim between parts 3 &8 otherwise the liquid control wouldn't turn. I had to shim the one from Codevapes too but my friend now has that one, it's doing well, it has 11 x 1.5 in it with no leaking.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
As far as leaking because of o-ring 1#16, yes, but on the first one I had to put a thin shim between parts 3 &8 otherwise the liquid control wouldn't turn. I had to shim the one from Codevapes too but my friend now has that one, it's doing well, it has 11 x 1.5 in it with no leaking.

Sounds familiar. Mine wouldn't turn either, even with the 510 pulled out. I tried for hours with my hands and a towel. Then vice grips with a towel. Then, tired and stressed to the max as the sun was starting to rise, I threw away the towel and simply used vise grips alone, not giving a **** if it ended up looking like **** or not. The final result, the base was pushed so far up the tall chimney that I had to use vise grips to unscrew the chimney with the chamber permanently stuck inside it.

As it sits now, it's totally garbage. Perhaps a few usable parts for the next one that arrives. This time if anything other than than the #16 o-ring is ******, I'm gonna send it back and/or file a complaint with PayPal against FT for selling garbage.

Hoping it doesn't come to that. Fingers crossed!

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Thanks, i gave them both the royal cleaning.

Although looking like i just somehow misplaced/lost my #2 insulator piece in the stripping everything down and cleaning process. Man i'm noobing this up.

It wouldn't be to hard to find something to substitute, the plastic tube from inside a Windex bottle (just an example) find one the correct size and nip off an approx. 3 mm piece

tot31

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
Malaysia
I just got my third KF4 which is black and paid $17 for it....

20150119_190616_zpsw1n1vpba.jpg

20150119_184508_zpswosyzdee.jpg

tot31

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
Malaysia
Can you tell me where you got that teeny drip tip in the third kf?

I ordered the Black aMod KF v4 from Codevape. It's got red o-rings which I dont like, however if they work, they work. I'll post updates once I get/clean it.

I got it locally here in my country. Paid around $3 for it.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
With all of these clones and the uncertainty of the manufacturer, we need a database to try to differentiate all of the versions. As well as known issues with particular ones. I still will not buy something like this from FT. It just seems like a crap shoot as to what you are getting.

That is true, Buying online is a crap shoot. This is why this forum is a great place to find out who sells and makes the best ones. I chose to buy 2 Tobecos because of all the good reviews it had here.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
For all the folks that didn't get the instruction book (really parts breakdown) with there K4 I uploaded a large copy that you can print. It is scanned at 8.5 X 14 (legal) if you try and print it.

Hope this helps folks out when they hear replace o-ring number 16 ;)

Kayfun V4 Large parts breakdown in PDF format

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread