Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecksbocks

Mar 20, 2019
Everyone has their preferences. I speak for myself only. An internal airflow such as seen on the kayfun Mini V3 and KFL19 takes up hardly any volume and certainly less parts and complexity versus an external airflow ring like on the Prime or V5. An internal airflow setting requires more effort to set your desired flow vs external but it isn't hard to do. Given the mass of people rarely change their airflow setting, this "set once and forget" internal design simply allows for a more compact atomizer, less complexity, and nothing that comes out of adjustment. For those who like to change airflow frequently (don't know many people like that), then the external airflow adjustment might be a better design for them.

Also, an internal air flow screw allows for a continuous setting. An external system forces you to use one of their pre-factored holes.
Thanks a lot, great answer.

i like the idea of simplicity and also the fact that can be smaller. I’d say it would be a great complement of my Prime. I have seen pictures of the KFL 2019 24 mm on the Dani Box Mini, it is a beautiful and a bit brutal looking combo that will be hard for me to resist. 3.5 ml wouldn’t hurt either.

Another thing that i love with the Prime is that there isn’t any liquid below the drip tip once i take it out. And filling it up is a pure joy with the smooth threading.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thanks a lot, great answer.

i like the idea of simplicity and also the fact that can be smaller. I’d say it would be a great complement of my Prime. I have seen pictures of the KFL 2019 24 mm on the Dani Box Mini, it is a beautiful and a bit brutal looking combo that will be hard for me to resist. 3.5 ml wouldn’t hurt either.

Another thing that i love with the Prime is that there isn’t any liquid below the drip tip once i take it out. And filling it up is a pure joy with the smooth threading.
Top fill is nice. Wont say it is a game changer vs bottom fill seen on the 19 but I admit I prefer it a little more than bottom fill. But again, it takes up more space. So 6 of one, half dozen of the other. And while the decks on the three are similar, near identical I seem to get a slightly smoother vape on my Prime. Have never been able to figure out why but if I had to guess it is due to the airflow because I get a similar vape from my V5 with the same airflow design.

witalit

Jan 7, 2020
Just bought a Kayfun Prime after years of putting off buying a Kayfun. I thought it would be end game to fix an issue I've been seeing for a while now. I mix DIY juice at 75VG 25PG. The VG has crept up ever so much after the last year and now the issue I get whatever build I do is wick is too saturated. Normally building 7-8 wrap 28awg ni80 around 1ohm.

Is my VG too high for low wattage 12-14w in a MTL RTA? I'm starting to think this is the problem now. VG needs more wattage to vaporise so it's starting to make sense. It's really hard to describe the issue but it's as if the deck is flooding ever so slightly and if I hold button and listen to the coil it sounds more like it's bubbling then sizzling. If I open build deck wick looks soaked. I've honestly tried so much to work out what's going on recently but I'm starting to think the only thing which has slightly changed is my juice.. god help me :).. I'll post back results once I get some 50/50 juice in the mail.

witalit

Jan 7, 2020
Plus, if you end up wanting top fill, Steam Tuners has a kit.

It’s awesome.

I have one on all five of my Lites...

No issues with leaking on the Steamtuners top fill for KF Lite? I read somewhere someone had issues but I find it hard to believe Steamtuners produce some great bits of kit.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
No issues with leaking on the Steamtuners top fill for KF Lite? I read somewhere someone had issues but I find it hard to believe Steamtuners produce some great bits of kit.

The only issue I’ve had with the ST kit for the Lite is...I don’t have enough of them!

No but really...it’s been a VERY “business as usual” experience with the ST kit for the Lite.

If someone had leaking, I’m willing to be there were other issues/factors at play.

Reactions: AstroTurf

witalit

Jan 7, 2020
OK so I managed to find a build working for me in the Kayfun Prime and its pretty sufficient. Need to perfect it.

Problem I have now is the topfill cap is a joke I struggle to unscrew it. I can hardly grip it and have tried juicing up everything to make it easier but its a pain in the a**! Anyone else have this problem or will it go away after some use?

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
OK so I managed to find a build working for me in the Kayfun Prime and its pretty sufficient. Need to perfect it.

Problem I have now is the topfill cap is a joke I struggle to unscrew it. I can hardly grip it and have tried juicing up everything to make it easier but its a pain in the a**! Anyone else have this problem or will it go away after some use?

Keep at it! You’ll get it!

When juice doesn’t provide enough lubrication, I use Burt’s Bees lip balm...just the plain variety.

It’s all natural, and all food safe ingredients...so if it happens to touch the juice I’m consuming, it’s not a worry.

Also, probably a “duh” answer, but don’t crank that cap on.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA

I just keep a fat rubber band handy, to get a better grip. :|

KAS

xstitch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Maine
Just bought a Kayfun Prime after years of putting off buying a Kayfun. I thought it would be end game to fix an issue I've been seeing for a while now. I mix DIY juice at 75VG 25PG. The VG has crept up ever so much after the last year and now the issue I get whatever build I do is wick is too saturated. Normally building 7-8 wrap 28awg ni80 around 1ohm.

Is my VG too high for low wattage 12-14w in a MTL RTA? I'm starting to think this is the problem now. VG needs more wattage to vaporise so it's starting to make sense. It's really hard to describe the issue but it's as if the deck is flooding ever so slightly and if I hold button and listen to the coil it sounds more like it's bubbling then sizzling. If I open build deck wick looks soaked. I've honestly tried so much to work out what's going on recently but I'm starting to think the only thing which has slightly changed is my juice.. god help me :).. I'll post back results once I get some 50/50 juice in the mail.

When I've had issues with too much juice, this is what I do......close off juice flow, grab a paper towel hold it at the bottom where the vent (?) is and blow through the drip cap. Open juice flow back up and see if that helped.

xstitch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Maine

I have a rubber glove handy! Although now that I've replaced my wave tanks, I haven't had a problem with the top cap.

Gusriady

Mar 27, 2020
need some help here..
my problem with my tank is the air flow didn't work perfectly. i think the air can in from another air flow, its not perfectly close all the air hole..
the air can in and out from between air flow control (A4) and Evaporation chamber (C16)
i've tried to change rubber O ring but nothing happen
oiuz6gX

Attachments

• 91055944_10216783432645295_1156073233213030400_o.jpg
    91055944_10216783432645295_1156073233213030400_o.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Still loving my primes :D Tried the new Kayfun Lite , but got to warm being shorter, so prime is still #1 for me :)

View attachment 877539
The KFL19 extended mode cools down the vape. But you’re not settling for second best with the Prime either. It’s a killer vape.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Hi all! Just wanted to drop a link here for you about our survey for the FDA PMTA process. If you have 15 minutes to take the survey, there's a 20% thank you discount code for you after you click Submit.

You can read more here:

HHV Take Our Survey. Enjoy a 20% Thank You!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Looks nice, HB!

It really is a very nice mod.

Only bummer is, it won’t fit anything larger than 22.5mm diameter tanks.

I had to dig out my Prime, along with my 22mm KFL19’s...

I had switched over to 24mm KFL19’s, because they fit perfectly on my Radius, plus, they have more capacity.

Oh well...there are worse things to suffer through!

Reactions: AstroTurf

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
So i was browsing Ebay here in the UK and searched "kayfun" (a daily habit of mine) and came across this: Kayfun Prime NITE DLC Special Edition MTL RTA by SvoeMesto | eBay

I asked the seller why his Prime didn't have the gold plated deck and he said that Svoemesto had stopped plating the deck because customers had complained that it would just erode or peel off. To me this sounded like a perfectly reasonable explanation. But i did go to Creme de Vape and sure enough: Svoemesto Kayfun Prime SE NITE DLC

Voila, a Kayfun Prime SE Nite DLC with a stainless steel build deck.

I don't know how long Svoemesto have been doing this or if any of you folks already know about it. Maybe you've already discussed it a few pages back, i don't know !.

I knew the gold plate would come off the deck. When i got mine delivered last year as soon as i looked at it i figured it wouldn't last. And to this day i still haven't used it, nor even built on it. It's still boxed and wrapped in the blue paper it came in from Creme de Vape. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread