Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Very interested to hear how the draw feels vs. KM3 wide open. I know the deck hole dia is supposed to be smaller, but hoping the Prime wide open feels similar, or close to to KM3 open. Reviewers all talk about comparisons to K5, and the return to true, proper MTL, but would love to hear the comparisons to KM3.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Very interested to hear how the draw feels vs. KM3 wide open. I know the deck hole dia is supposed to be smaller, but hoping the Prime wide open feels similar, or close to to KM3 open. Reviewers all talk about comparisons to K5, and the return to true, proper MTL, but would love to hear the comparisons to KM3.
I prefered the V3 to the 5.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I prefered the V3 to the 5.

Awesome....can't wait to hear your thoughts on Prime, then!
So weird that I started wanting nothing but very restricted, and stayed that way for months. Now there are times that I wish I could open up the KM3 just a little more. That's all that's keeping me on the fence about ordering this one.

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
Here we go...
IMG_5812.JPG
kay.png

Got it this morning, did a quick build at the shop (6 wraps 27g Kanthal @2mm; 15-20 Watt) and just emptied my second tank of Dragon's Fire in it.
That thing tasted great from the gitgo and hasn't stopped to do so.

It's the perfect 22mm KM3 I expected. As easy to build as the K5, taste is great - very smooth (prolly due to the slotted air "hole"), might even be a bit smoother than the KM3. Haven't vaped it in some time, but I remember the 9mg nic to be harsher than on the Prime.
Other than that I'ld say the draw of the KM3 and the Prime feel pretty identical to me. At the openest settings just perfect for the very restricted DTL/MTLish vape I prefer. At the smallest settings, well, it's the good ole golf-ball/pipe analogy :)

Go for it if you like the KM3 :)

PS: The engraved "cities" on the SS tank (which I don't plan on using anyway) are "random". At the shop I got it from (pipeline-store) they only had "St. Petersburg". I'm fine with that.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Okay, making me teeter toward Prime, rather than K5 now!
Great pics. Clean, empty ashtray was a nice touch! ;)
If you want more air than the V3, the Prime will not provide that.

If you want a slow flavorful draw, then Prime is the ticket.

Have you owned a Kayfun Lite yet?

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Have you owned a Kayfun Lite yet?

No, just the Mini V3. 2ml capacity is plenty for me, since I tank mix & refill on the fly depending on mood throughout the day. Heard good things about the Lite when I researched my first RTA, but way more good stuff about the KM3, so I never really thought about it much.

Not sure I really need more airflow - loving the KM3 with screw removed. Just occasionally, I think I'd like to try a little more air. I mean, I'm still a pure MTL tobacco guy. But I love the lower profile of Prime, since I use a small mod and keep in my pocket all the time. And the idea of screw capture, since I don't dryfire & rewick, but just replace the coil every time. Did you find it significantly easier to build on, with the 22m dia? Anything else you like that'd make it worth replacing the KM3? Need a new atty, and was thinking of the shorter K5s before I heard about this.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
No, just the Mini V3. 2ml capacity is plenty for me, since I tank mix & refill on the fly depending on mood throughout the day. Heard good things about the Lite when I researched my first RTA, but way more good stuff about the KM3, so I never really thought about it much.

Not sure I really need more airflow - loving the KM3 with screw removed. Just occasionally, I think I'd like to try a little more air. I mean, I'm still a pure MTL tobacco guy. But I love the lower profile of Prime, since I use a small mod and keep in my pocket all the time. And the idea of screw capture, since I don't dryfire & rewick, but just replace the coil every time. Did you find it significantly easier to build on, with the 22m dia? Anything else you like that'd make it worth replacing the KM3? Need a new atty, and was thinking of the shorter K5s before I heard about this.
5s is 50mm tall, and identical to the 5

Prime is 45mm tall, and more restrictive than the V3

Based on what you've said... 5s sounds like the ticket. It'll also offer a pretty decent resale value too.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Based on what you've said... 5s sounds like the ticket. It'll also offer a pretty decent resale value too.
But you don't seem to understand, and you're not helping at all...I wanted you to talk me into the shiniest, newest atty that's getting all the attention! JK - I'm sure you're right. I really do appreciate the insights. Got a birthday coming up, and still might have to get myself both. Really only costs about a month of smokes, after all. Sounds like I'd still like the Prime, and know I'd enjoy the size, but the 5 would offer a bit more of a change of pace from what I have.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
But you don't seem to understand, and you're not helping at all...I wanted you to talk me into the shiniest, newest atty that's getting all the attention! JK - I'm sure you're right. I really do appreciate the insights. Got a birthday coming up, and still might have to get myself both. Really only costs about a month of smokes, after all. Sounds like I'd still like the Prime, and know I'd enjoy the size, but the 5 would offer a bit more of a change of pace from what I have.
Not 5, the 5s

Go here for all items SvoeMesto...

SvoeMesto | Highend Selbstwickelverdampfer und Akkuträger

Reactions: Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Yeah, sorry, I meant 5s. K5 is just too big for me & my mod. But hey, thanks for the link. I'd been to SM site before, and didn't find the 5s, looking under "Products." Wondered why they didn't have it - thought it odd that Creme did & they didn't. Originally found it on Creme de Vape, and couldn't find it anywhere else. Funny I never even noticed the "Shop" link. I'd have thought they'd have it listed under products as well. I notice HHV doesn't have the 5s. Wonder if any other US resellers do? I don't even know what 119 euro's & shipping would cost me, exactly.:( And okay everyone, I'm not trying to derail the thread! I'll go back to talking about Prime after this.

Reactions: AstroTurf

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
Building the Prime was no more a hustle that building the KM3. IIrc - I only had a K5 for a couple of days since it was too airy to me - building the K5 was the same experience to me even though the deck is (is it?) a tad bigger than the KM3/Prime deck is.
The wire "holders" left and right from the screw which the KM3 doesn't have sure improve the building experience imho.

Apart from that - to me it's simple. You like the KM3 airflow, go for the prime. You like more, try the K5(s)

I heard (on german vaping forums) that the K5s was only deemed (hrhr) by Svoemesto to be a K5 mod for those EU countries that implemented the TPD2 (EU's version of "deeming" or vaping regulations) in a way that limits the tank size to 2ml. That's why they initially only supplied markets that require the 2ml limitation with 5s and they just now started to offer them here in Germany (where they don't have the 2ml limitation on rebuildable tanks). Maybe they'll pop up in the US after all since they realized there's a demand for a small K5.

I think the Prime (and the 5²) are the actual new tanks in the eyes of SMTech :)

PS: 120€ would be $140. However, since you guys don't have to pay the German sales tax outside the EU (and it's included in the 120€) you'ld pay 19% less, i.e. ~$120. I don't think that Svoemesto (or Intaste) ships to the US anymore though

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Building the Prime was no more a hustle that building the KM3. IIrc - I only had a K5 for a couple of days since it was too airy to me - building the K5 was the same experience to me even though the deck is (is it?) a tad bigger than the KM3/Prime deck is.
The wire "holders" left and right from the screw which the KM3 doesn't have sure improve the building experience imho.

Apart from that - to me it's simple. You like the KM3 airflow, go for the prime. You like more, try the K5(s)

I heard (on german vaping forums) that the K5s was only deemed (hrhr) by Svoemesto to be a K5 mod for those EU countries that implemented the TPD2 (EU's version of "deeming" or vaping regulations) in a way that limits the tank size to 2ml. That's why they initially only supplied markets that require the 2ml limitation with 5s and they just now started to offer them here in Germany (where they don't have the 2ml limitation on rebuildable tanks). Maybe they'll pop up in the US after all since they realized there's a demand for a small K5.

I think the Prime (and the 5²) are the actual new tanks in the eyes of SMTech :)

PS: 120€ would be $140. However, since you guys don't have to pay the German sales tax outside the EU (and it's included in the 120€) you'ld pay 19% less, i.e. ~$120. I don't think that Svoemesto (or Intaste) ships to the US anymore though
All good info, thanks. Makes sense about only marketing K5s to EU at first, too. You're probably right about that. But it seems I'm kind of a rarity, looking for lower capacity/smaller form.

Reactions: AstroTurf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread