Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
3 full days with the Prime now.

Flavour is terrific. The draw is perfect for me. Extremely tight and I'm liking the 3rd setting the best.

I agree with Divr, I think it holds slightly more than 2mls. I haven't measured either but it seems more like 2.5 or closer to 3ml.

Not a single leak/gurgle or dry hit yet. So very pleased on that front.

I don't feel like it guzzles juice as quickly as the mini v3, K4 or K5.

The drip tip while appearing to be the same as the K5, only in black, actually has a significantly smaller bore. Which I like.

The tank looks great on everything, especially smaller box mods.

Extremely satisfied with it. Anybody on the fence and not sure, if you like tight tight airflow and a smaller profile, then go for it!

xstitch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Maine
d62b88e8bfefd215f06e968648c93402.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Looks awesome. Perfect size, all the good features of the K5. But sadly, I'm afraid it's not the cure for my current bout of shinyitis. I've gotten used to the draw of the KM3 wide open, and going to a tighter draw just won't do it for me right now. I guess I'll have to get a K5 and just let it dwarf my mod. Was excited, now bummed. :(

Reactions: gnees

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Does anyone know if HHV will be stocking the Prime?

I've checked with Adam & Heather on this. SVM is currently out of stock but they will keep trying to order them. So hopefully these will be for sale at HHV sometime soon. We don't have a specific date for when they will be available. As soon as we know, we will post the info here. Thanks all!

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Looks awesome. Perfect size, all the good features of the K5. But sadly, I'm afraid it's not the cure for my current bout of shinyitis. I've gotten used to the draw of the KM3 wide open, and going to a tighter draw just won't do it for me right now. I guess I'll have to get a K5 and just let it dwarf my mod. Was excited, now bummed. :(

Never fear!

There's a Kayfun 5S (is the S for "short"?)!!!

It's basically the TPD compliant version of the KF5...so all the features you like, and none of the massive height of the KF5!

FYI Y’all... Size Comparo

5a5b7e4a954ee56bfc5ff50eed8176fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Never fear!

There's a Kayfun 5S (is the S for "short"?)!!!

It's basically the TPD compliant version of the KF5...so all the features you like, and none of the massive height of the KF5!

Yeah, thanks for reminding me HB. Found it quite a while back on Creme site, haven't heard anything about it since. I actually posted a thread about it a few weeks ago and got no responses. In the excitement of waiting to find out about Prime, I kind of forgot about it. It's not as short as the Prime, but close. Guess it shouldn't be too different from K5, because it looks like everything but the chimney is interchangeable. Still wanted to hear from 5s users before buying, though.

Last edited:

mrcrunch08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2013
mount airy, NC
Yeah, thanks for reminding me HB. Found it quite a while back on Creme site, haven't heard anything about it since. I actually posted a thread about it a few weeks ago and got no responses. In the excitement of waiting to find out about Prime, I kind of forgot about it. It's not as short as the Prime, but close. Guess it shouldn't be too different from K5, because it looks like everything but the chimney is interchangeable. Still wanted to hear from users before buying, though.
My experience with the prime seems to differ from what I have been reading but my opinion would be to pass unless you really love Svoemesto. The flavor is certainly some of the best I have had but even that is darn near identical to what the berserker provides. I had to go back and forth for most of the night to find a difference. The prime seems to edge it out but it is currently to inconsistent for me. Temp control is a pain and even in wattage the resistance seems to change depending on how open the juice flow control is or the position of the airflow control. My current build is going from .46-.55 ohm and my 4 previous builds did the same. Wattage seems to fluctuate less than temp but it's annoying. I'm not sold on the build quality either. Everything is very thin and it gives it a feel of a china knockoff. The glass looks like something that would come with a knockoff as well. I'm sure if I didn't have the berserker or didn't still use my old rose and 3.1's I would be fanboying out but those really make this thing feel cheap and inconsistent in comparison.

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
My experience with the prime seems to differ from what I have been reading but my opinion would be to pass unless you really love Svoemesto. The flavor is certainly some of the best I have had but even that is darn near identical to what the berserker provides. I had to go back and forth for most of the night to find a difference. The prime seems to edge it out but it is currently to inconsistent for me. Temp control is a pain and even in wattage the resistance seems to change depending on how open the juice flow control is or the position of the airflow control. My current build is going from .46-.55 ohm and my 4 previous builds did the same. Wattage seems to fluctuate less than temp but it's annoying. I'm not sold on the build quality either. Everything is very thin and it gives it a feel of a china knockoff. The glass looks like something that would come with a knockoff as well. I'm sure if I didn't have the berserker or didn't still use my old rose and 3.1's I would be fanboying out but those really make this thing feel cheap and inconsistent in comparison.
Sorry to hear you're not enjoying it as much as you had hoped. I'm particularly interested in the build quality statement you made. I actually think this is one of the finest ever machined Kayfuns. The juice control doesn't feel as loose as the K5 or mini v3. Everything fits superbly, as you would expect from Svoemesto.

I own almost every Kayfun from the Lite Plus and this one feels the best made by far.

It really excels in the airflow department though. That extra tight draw on 1 and 2 is absolutely flawless.

mrcrunch08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2013
mount airy, NC
Sorry to hear you're not enjoying it as much as you had hoped. I'm particularly interested in the build quality statement you made. I actually think this is one of the finest ever machined Kayfuns. The juice control doesn't feel as loose as the K5 or mini v3. Everything fits superbly, as you would expect from Svoemesto.

I own almost every Kayfun from the Lite Plus and this one feels the best made by far.

It really excels in the airflow department though. That extra tight draw on 1 and 2 is absolutely flawless.
The machining is fine for the most part. I'm rather impressed by some of the machining on the base and deck. It's more the feel. Everything is either really small or thin. The brushed finish bothers me as well since I see brush marks going in different directions which is really picky I know. It just looked rushed compared to the perfectly mint condition of all my other kayfuns. It's certainly beautifully engineered but it doesn't feel like something I can bring to work like the old kayfuns or my other tanks including the berserker.

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
The machining is fine for the most part. I'm rather impressed by some of the machining on the base and deck. It's more the feel. Everything is either really small or thin. The brushed finish bothers me as well since I see brush marks going in different directions which is really picky I know. It just looked rushed compared to the perfectly mint condition of all my other kayfuns. It's certainly beautifully engineered but it doesn't feel like something I can bring to work like the old kayfuns or my other tanks including the berserker.
I think I hear what you're saying. The old Kayfun Lite Plus felt great because it didn't have any moving parts. I always liked that. But I think the vape and airflow on this new one is so much smoother and better. But yes, I prefer no moving parts on a tank. Ah, the joys of juice control and top fill!!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Maybe a loose connection somewhere? Although I haven't shined a light into it, there might be a screw under the base, possibly holding down the deck? But perhaps you could check it out....I have done just this one build, only in wattage mode, but resistance is solid. I'm not as low as yours, but a 6 wrap of 26g was .71 ohms and 3 days later it's exactly the same....must be some kind of connection issue... .maybe they sent you one that didn't pass inspection, because one of the things that struck me initially was just how well machined and smooth everything was on this prime. The only thing that feels a bit thin compared to other tanks is the actual glass itself, but because it's short, I think it will hold up fine if dropped....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
From what I'm reading here, although the prime is a "looker" draw would likely be too tight for me. I MTL the 5 wide open and find the V3 a tad tight.
Then definitely not the tank for you....maybe the only issue I have for the prime is maybe they should of omitted the tightest AF setting and replaced it with a setting that's a bit more open then it's current most open position. Personally I like the 2mm open setting on the prime, but maybe one more at like 2.5mm would have been nice to have as an option....but it's hard because anything over maybe 2mm might require a larger bore chimney or deck hole which can effect the whole mtl experience

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Kayfun Prime.

Thought I'd have more to say, but I don't.

I'll start by saying that I hated the KF5.

The parts were too tight making juice control a nightmare, the build always ran cold, poor flavor, and...it was HUGE.

I couldn't reconcile the size of the tank with its many flaws...and I had two of them, each with the same issues.

So, moving on to the Prime.

I really like it so far.

It IS essentially the KF5, but all the flaws have been fixed for my taste, INCLUDING the size.

I still wish SM had stayed with the reverse threading of the Kayfun 4, as that made it practically impossible to accidentally separate the tank from the deck while operating juice control...

But too many crybabies were too dumb to figure out how reverse threading works, and overtightened the deck.

No offense to anyone here who screwed up their KF4 this way, but it still bothers me that SM received so much negative feedback that they returned to normal threading, which means accidental tank separation is a possibility...as well as accidentally/unknowingly closing juice control when putting the tank on a mod.

Oh well.

As for the Prime, I would have liked to see one more step higher in airflow, but I can lung hit the highest airflow as it is, so I'm all set.

The flavor is really amplified.

I used a known-good flavor to see how well this tank performed, and it's working great.

Build was a no-brainer.

I used a twisted 28g K, 2.8mm 5/6 wrap coil, 0.55 ohms, fired at 25 watts on a Provape Radius.

I'm using Japanese cotton, and have the juice flow open 1-1.5 turns.

And that's my spiel.

Anyone who likes Kayfuns, and a restricted draw, will likely enjoy the Kayfun Prime.

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
Kayfun Prime.

Thought I'd have more to say, but I don't.

I'll start by saying that I hated the KF5.

The parts were too tight making juice control a nightmare, the build always ran cold, poor flavor, and...it was HUGE.

I couldn't reconcile the size of the tank with its many flaws...and I had two of them, each with the same issues.

So, moving on to the Prime.

I really like it so far.

It IS essentially the KF5, but all the flaws have been fixed for my taste, INCLUDING the size.

I still wish SM had stayed with the reverse threading of the Kayfun 4, as that made it practically impossible to accidentally separate the tank from the deck while operating juice control...

But too many crybabies were too dumb to figure out how reverse threading works, and overtightened the deck.

No offense to anyone here who screwed up their KF4 this way, but it still bothers me that SM received so much negative feedback that they returned to normal threading, which means accidental tank separation is a possibility...as well as accidentally/unknowingly closing juice control when putting the tank on a mod.

Oh well.

As for the Prime, I would have liked to see one more step higher in airflow, but I can lung hit the highest airflow as it is, so I'm all set.

The flavor is really amplified.

I used a known-good flavor to see how well this tank performed, and it's working great.

Build was a no-brainer.

I used a twisted 28g K, 2.8mm 5/6 wrap coil, 0.55 ohms, fired at 25 watts on a Provape Radius.

I'm using Japanese cotton, and have the juice flow open 1-1.5 turns.

And that's my spiel.

Anyone who likes Kayfuns, and a restricted draw, will likely enjoy the Kayfun Prime.
Couldn't agree more HB. The Prime is a little jewel of a tank. Love the size. Used liquid much less than the K4 and K5. So the capacity of only 2ml is really a non-issue.

I also preferred the reverse liquid control on the K4. Shame they didn't do that on the Prime. But it's not terrible.

The airflow and flavour is vastly superior to the K5. It makes the K5 look like a monster of a tank. I think the smaller size and smaller chamber really improves the flavour.

I wonder has Bronze managed to get one yet. I think he'd love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread