Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
How are you doing with the prime?
Hi, newbie here.
I’ve been a smoker for the past 20 years
I’ve tried to switch to vaping about 4 years ago when vaping was booming but i failed,
I vaped about 1 month then go back to smoking.
But this time i really want to quit, well my last cigarettes was about a month ago.
My friend recommended me to get an aspire breeze 2 and a salt nic with it and inreally like it.
Then i search my storage room for my vaping equipment which has been sitting there for years untouched.
I found my good ol Hanamodz v3 DNA 30 and few tanks, kayfun 3 clone, nautilus, magma rda.
The hanamodz still works allright after i change the battery.
But all the o rings in the tanks has been hardened so I searched this forum and some other forums and get my self a berserker.
I really like it but the problem with it is that it flooded every time infill it . Anyway i bought my self anothermod to use with the berserker as the 24 mm cant fit into my hanamodz.

Long story short, i was looking for the “best” MtL tank and many of the forums says thst the kayfun prime is the one.
So i get one . I dont want the clone as it might has problem like leaking,flooding,etc.
So i get myself an authentic kayfun prime ( i get it from 1 of the svoemesto dealer in my country, and i get to know them through the link in svoemesto homepage)

So 2 days ago it arrived and im really excited.
But when i open the box , first thing i noticed is that the box snd packaging are different than the one that i saw in youtube reviews.
And then the ss tank engraving is kuala lumpur (i thought it supposed to be 1 of 10 random cities in Russia?)
Other thing that I noticed is different than those YouTube reviews is the air hole
On mine, the smallest hole has some kind of beveled edges, if you imagine you see the hole from the sides, like a cross sections, the smallest hole shaped like “V” where all the othe hole shaped like “ll” I attached a picture to explain it better.
Another thing is that the “machining” or brushing on the top cap is really bad, looks like unfinised work, I don’t know what to expect from such an expensive tank, this is my first one. But to me it doesn’t look like a $100+ tank to me.
The finish on the other part are ok, only the top cap that is bad.

I also bought the extension glass tank to go with it.
My build is 7 wrap spaced ss316L 2,5mm 16 watt.
It vaped great after i fill it up
But whenever it’s hit half tank it always leaking so much juice through the airhole slots.
I browse the net and find that some people has this problem too but mostly ont the clone.
They say the culprit is the O ring ont the extension chimney.
I just put a new build today and run the tank with the short glass so we’ll see wheter it solves the lesking or not.

Anyway after few days of use, i can say that I really like the vape it gaves me, to me it’s a little bit more flavour full than the berserker and it doesnt flood or gurgle after refilling.
But the top cap finishing and the leaking problem with the extension kit really makes me wonder wheter or not this tank worth its price.

I dont think i got cheated by the store as theyare authorised svoemesto dealer and it comes to me with the sticker seal intact.
And also iv’e checked the serial withe the svoemesto sites and the verified it ‘s indeed authentic.

One more thing
I’ve been smoking marlboro menthol light in the past 20 years, can you guys recommend me any liquid that can replace it for me?
Some how when i tried tobacco liquid it all taste funny and making me sick.
So far i’m liking the pirates of monkeys island from forbidden juice, but it’s a little too cool for me , making my brainfreeze.

I dont know what terms to look in the liquid to replicate the “coolness” of marlboro menthol”
Should i look for menthol,mint,or ice liquid?

And one more thing, im thinking to get myself a paranormal 250c mod to pair with the prime.
As i heard tc is good and dna is one of the best tc chip out there.
Do you guys have any other suggestions? Or that’s the best ?

Lastly , im sorry for my broken english as english is not my native, but i do hope you guys understand what i wrote , thsnk you so much.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
The reason I put this up for discussion was that I have recently been made conscious of the fact that I, at rest, always seem to have a mod in my hand. I never seem to be any distance away from one. If I go from one room to another I always take one with me, even if I don't have a toot on it. Maybe I fall into the h2m group more than the other. Still, enough self-analysis for this month.

O wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
(Robert Burns)

Same here! Definitely h2m, but also key is the sensation of the inhale. I don’t really notice nic cravings. I’m at 9mg nic. But my mod sure is my security blanket. And if I think about it too much, I’ll stress and then vape more. So that’s enough thinking about it!

As for Mr. Burns’ sentiments - I believe it would be a devastating horror to see ourselves through others’ eyes! :D

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
No I havent....I get mixed info on the stuff, some say they use it for high nic because they can get their nic fix without the TH, but then some say it gives them more TH vaping lower nic.. also not sure if it's added to juice or you have to buy juice with it in already.

Yeah, this confuses me. Haven't felt the need to try them, but I thought the big draw to nic salts was to allow you to get a high dosage of nic without harshness, and more immediate absorption to satisfy.

(Bear with me here)

The JUUL had only been on the market for about two weeks when I first learned about it.

It was the first time I had heard about nic salts, and I think it was the first, or among the first, to use nic salts.

At the time I tried it, I had been on 0mg for about two years, via stepping down gradually.

The JUUL gave me a VERY strong throat hit, which I came to believe was due to the nicotine content.

Now here we are, a little over three years later, and I still get a very strong (and satisfying) TH from a JUUL, and other nic salt pod mod systems that I’ve tried.

The intent behind the nic salt usage in the JUUL, and subsequent other nic salt juices and pod mod systems, was to simulate the TH of smoking the real thing.

It does lend itself to faster absorption, which kills the nic craving as quickly as the real thing used to do.

From what I’ve looked at, nic salt juices are pre-mixed. Haven’t seen any DIY info or concentrate sales.

It should be noted though, that many nic salt vendors clearly state that nic salt juices are NOT for sub-ohm usage.

Most of the pod mod systems on the market are very MTL with high resistance atomizers, as their high nicotine content would be potentially dangerous if consumed at the rate that low nic juices are in sub-ohm DTL systems.

Hand to mouth is definitely part of the habit, but I think feeling and seeing the exhale is more important in my case.

As others have stated, my vape devices are like a security blanket for me, but not any less than cigarettes and smoking paraphernalia were.

I always had a pack of stinkies and a Zippo with me. And if I didn’t, I felt naked. [emoji33]

The hand to mouth habit is a very strong sensation for many people, but I am glad to see you say your piece about “seeing/feeling the exhale”...

That is MY main reason for continuing to vape, even after I had stepped down to 0mg.

I’m partially back on the nic train at the moment, with a JUUL, a PHIX, a 1.5mg juice, and a 3mg juice...but all other juices I have are still 0mg.

Regardless of the nicotine content, the act/feeling of exhaling vapor has been the most satisfying part of this journey...and was a big reason I smoked to begin with.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
(Bear with me here)

The JUUL had only been on the market for about two weeks when I first learned about it.

It was the first time I had heard about nic salts, and I think it was the first, or among the first, to use nic salts.

At the time I tried it, I had been on 0mg for about two years, via stepping down gradually.

The JUUL gave me a VERY strong throat hit, which I came to believe was due to the nicotine content.

Now here we are, a little over three years later, and I still get a very strong (and satisfying) TH from a JUUL, and other nic salt pod mod systems that I’ve tried.

The intent behind the nic salt usage in the JUUL, and subsequent other nic salt juices and pod mod systems, was to simulate the TH of smoking the real thing.

It does lend itself to faster absorption, which kills the nic craving as quickly as the real thing used to do.

From what I’ve looked at, nic salt juices are pre-mixed. Haven’t seen any DIY info or concentrate sales.

It should be noted though, that many nic salt vendors clearly state that nic salt juices are NOT for sub-ohm usage.

Most of the pod mod systems on the market are very MTL with high resistance atomizers, as their high nicotine content would be potentially dangerous if consumed at the rate that low nic juices are in sub-ohm DTL systems.

As others have stated, my vape devices are like a security blanket for me, but not any less than cigarettes and smoking paraphernalia were.

I always had a pack of stinkies and a Zippo with me. And if I didn’t, I felt naked. [emoji33]

The hand to mouth habit is a very strong sensation for many people, but I am glad to see you say your piece about “seeing/feeling the exhale”...

That is MY main reason for continuing to vape, even after I had stepped down to 0mg.

I’m partially back on the nic train at the moment, with a JUUL, a PHIX, a 1.5mg juice, and a 3mg juice...but all other juices I have are still 0mg.

Regardless of the nicotine content, the act/feeling of exhaling vapor has been the most satisfying part of this journey...and was a big reason I smoked to begin with.
I think that's what I crave, the actual vapor exhale, but probably not so much the hand to mouth thing....I'm not 100 percent sure about the hand to mouth thing, but I try to imagine an invisible mod that floats in front of me and if I can vape from it at any time without touching it, and it performed exactly like my current set ups, I think it would be just as good

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
(Bear with me here)

My thinking is that the juul you vaped was perhaps 48mg nic salts and it did give you a great TH, but if it were 48mg no salts, you might have passed out.....I don't know this for sure as I never tried the juul or nic salts, but that's kind of the jist I get from the info out there.....now if it were the other way, and I could get a 24mg TH from a 10mm nic salt, I would definitely try it...but then again, I probably wouldn't like the nic salt juices out there because I'm pretty picky and vape mostly nets

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Haven't heard anything personally. I'm trying to think of a tank I would like them to make and not coming up with anything. Imo the prime and km3 are just perfect for me...not that I would be interested, but they probably would do good if they came out with a kayfun tank that took premade coils?
Any future rumors of what will replace the Prime. If I recall, the Prime was released around Oct of last year. Think we'll get a new tank from SM in the fall again?

Deemac

Apr 30, 2016
NL

All over Europe, nic & nic salts can only be sold in TPD compliant 10ml bottles and mixed with PG and VG in various compositions at 18% or 20%. When the French football team won the World Cup, a web-shop I have often used gave a 25% discount for a few days. I jumped in with an order of circa $250 (US). Immediately after pulling the trigger I looked around the site and found this. Otherwise the only nic salts I've seen in UK, DE and NL are pre-mixed with aromas or in pods. Maybe I'll give the salts a try with my next big order.

Note: that's football with feet and not football with hands. ;)

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
(Bear with me here)

Hello HB,
I may have misunderstood your comment about diy, but one can get unflavored nic salt juice from Nicotine River, Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers, ECBlends and Nude Nic. Haven't tried any of these yet, but I will at some point soon. Then it's just a question of how you want to mix a diy liquid.

10DeeQ

Oct 25, 2014
Indonesia
How are you doing with the prime?

hi, sorry i was quite busy learning how to build the prime and looking for the perfect mod for it
and also finding the perfect e juice to go with it :)
anyway it's been great so far , no more leaking, smooth draw, nice flavour (though flavour wise i think my berserker win by a liitle bit)
current setup are

Kayfun Prime with Steam Tuners wave tank and tip top drip tip
Dicodes Dani Box mini ( this thing is perfect for the prime!)
Five Pawns Tabiya 6MG
build is Dicodes resistherm NiFe30 8 wraps (0,55) 2,5ID vaping in TC 210c 14 Watt.
using the second smallest air hole

i think i've found my perfect set up :p

IMG_3056.jpg

xstitch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Maine
hi, sorry i was quite busy learning how to build the prime and looking for the perfect mod for it
anyway it's been great so far , no more leaking, smooth draw, nice flavour (though flavour wise i think my berserker win by a liitle bit)
current setup are

Five Pawns Tabiya 6MG
build is Dicodes resistherm NiFe30 8 wraps (0,55) 2,5ID vaping in TC 210c 14 Watt.

i think i've found my perfect set up :p

View attachment 758185

Love the wave tank!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I'm glad it going much better , great looking set up.....
current setup are

Five Pawns Tabiya 6MG

i think i've found my perfect set up [emoji14]

View attachment 758185

Leech

Jan 12, 2012
Man Cave
Thanks bud.
Gona try my standard coil: 8 wraps 28g 2mm @ 10W.

Just taken the Prime apart for a good wash, and realised there's no smell of machine oil anywhere! What a difference from when I got my KLF+.

And it just be me, and I understand also the design of the product, but does anybody feel like the metal bits, like the tank, feels thinner than the KLF+ parts?
Absolutely love my prime - I actually ended up ‘customising’ it a little by mirror polishing it:

edc30ccb11f8019431328e8603ddc823.jpg

I stick one of my typical builds in there - either 7 wrap 28ga Ni80 or 5 wrap 28ga Kanthal A1 and it works like a dream, especially with the coil around 1.5 Mm from the air hole - lovely.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

ed87

Aug 6, 2018
Thanks bud.
Gona try my standard coil: 8 wraps 28g 2mm @ 10W.

Just taken the Prime apart for a good wash, and realised there's no smell of machine oil anywhere! What a difference from when I got my KLF+.

And it just be me, and I understand also the design of the product, but does anybody feel like the metal bits, like the tank, feels thinner than the KLF+ parts?

Yes. I presume it’s just so that the tank can accommodate external airflow and juice control

Leech

Jan 12, 2012
Man Cave
That's possible for the additional functions.

Had my 1st pull, and now I can't put it down!
Damn near double fisting my setups cause the flavour is just so much more amazing and pronounced.

Better stop, I'm gushing.
Yes. I presume it’s just so that the tank can accommodate external airflow and juice control
32b0c06cd49b2b7396cb679d8d351729.jpg

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Except for maybe the old carts or old dripping attys (which perhaps had nichrome) In my 7 years of rebuilding have never tried it. Do you feel a difference in the vape between nichrome and kanthal?
Absolutely love my prime - I actually ended up ‘customising’ it a little by mirror polishing it:

edc30ccb11f8019431328e8603ddc823.jpg

I stick one of my typical builds in there - either 7 wrap 28ga Ni80 or 5 wrap 28ga Kanthal A1 and it works like a dream, especially with the coil around 1.5 Mm from the air hole - lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread