Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hello,

my original prime airflow is really hard to control, once lifted - it's hard to turn it. Does not happen with the clone.
I've washed it and unscrew the pin to clean it, but still the same.
Any ideas?
Are you loosening your juice control far enough to allow your air flow ring to lift high enough? Back off your juice control several turns before lifting your airflow ring.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
So I finally got my paws on a Prime.
According to the vape shop, SM have stopped doing cities on the metal tanks and gone with their standard logo.
86479c0f17cbef711ba11d7cb005f152.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Russia is a rather sensitive word in the States these days. I suspect engraving Russian cities on your product is not a good marketing pitch. :)

ed87

Aug 6, 2018
Except for maybe the old carts or old dripping attys (which perhaps had nichrome) In my 7 years of rebuilding have never tried it. Do you feel a difference in the vape between nichrome and kanthal?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yes I do, I don’t taste the ‘metal’ either way, however Ni80 Ramps a lot quicker than kanthal and that property in itself can bring out differences in juice flavour.

Some juices, in my opinion at least, taste/ work better with Ni80 than Kanthal, similarly the other way around is also true.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Jim, did any of us ever find an assembly drawing for the Prime? If so I can have Lori open up the OP and include it for reference. I gave a quick scan on the SM website but could not find it.

From the "Svoe" site.The text is kind of small, but if you enlarge it, it readable, just a tad fuzzy.

prime_exploded_view.jpg

Leech

Jan 12, 2012
Man Cave
True that, but didn't they go through a phase when they had engravings of various cities around the world?
Russia is a rather sensitive word in the States these days. I suspect engraving Russian cities on your product is not a good marketing pitch. :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Might order some and give er a try, thanks
Yes I do, I don’t taste the ‘metal’ either way, however Ni80 Ramps a lot quicker than kanthal and that property in itself can bring out differences in juice flavour.

Some juices, in my opinion at least, taste/ work better with Ni80 than Kanthal, similarly the other way around is also true.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Hello,

my original prime airflow is really hard to control, once lifted - it's hard to turn it. Does not happen with the clone.
I've washed it and unscrew the pin to clean it, but still the same.
Any ideas?
So as you pop it upwards to turn, does it at least totally clear the base plate? Also when up and as you turn, is there an even gap around the tank bottom part that it's fitted on to? It is possible that it was at one time dropped and that afc part is slightly out of round and binding on the other part. That afc ring is not very thick and can be bent, but also can be bent back if that indeed is the case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread