Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
So i was browsing Ebay here in the UK and searched "kayfun" (a daily habit of mine) and came across this: Kayfun Prime NITE DLC Special Edition MTL RTA by SvoeMesto | eBay

I asked the seller why his Prime didn't have the gold plated deck and he said that svoemesto had stopped plating the deck because customers had complained that it would just erode or peel off. To me this sounded like a perfectly reasonable explanation. But i did go to Creme de vape and sure enough: Svoemesto Kayfun Prime SE NITE DLC

Voila, a Kayfun Prime SE Nite DLC with a stainless steel build deck.

I don't know how long Svoemesto have been doing this or if any of you folks already know about it. Maybe you've already discussed it a few pages back, i don't know !.

I knew the gold plate would come off the deck. When i got mine delivered last year as soon as i looked at it i figured it wouldn't last. And to this day i still haven't used it, nor even built on it. It's still boxed and wrapped in the blue paper it came in from Creme de Vape. :thumbs:
I believe I recall that problem.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    How's that ?.

IMG_20200523_121636.jpg

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2013
    So what are Svoemesto doing then ?. I mean if the complaints are exaggerated. If Nailz is still intact, which it looks like it kind of is, apart from what appears to be eroded areas here and there (looks like stainless steel on the left above the scew and the whole area below it), then using it isn't really that big of a deal. Personally that's what i was afraid of though. I just didn't/don't want to mess with the gold plate. Stupid right !!?.

Reactions: Nailz

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 27, 2014
    Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
    So what are Svoemesto doing then ?. I mean if the complaints are exaggerated. If Nailz is still intact, which it looks like it kind of is, apart from what appears to be eroded areas here and there (looks like stainless steel on the left above the scew and the whole area below it), then using it isn't really that big of a deal. Personally that's what i was afraid of though. I just didn't/don't want to mess with the gold plate. Stupid right !!?.
    Yes, very stupid!!!

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS

Now will add, not like I have only used this one for 2 years, it has had time sat on a shelf, so not saying it won't come off in the future, but still good right now.

Leech

Jan 12, 2012
    Man Cave
    Hi all, hope everyone's keeping well.

So I don't know how it's happened, but I managed to snap the center post on one of my Primes.
    Reached out to a couple of places, no joy with CDV and still waiting on Svoemesto to come back, but I've never had any luck with getting stuff from them.

Just wondering if anyone here might have spares to sell me one or two.
    I'm in Australia.

Thanks all.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Hi all, hope everyone's keeping well.

So I don't know how it's happened, but I managed to snap the center post on one of my Primes.
    Reached out to a couple of places, no joy with CDV and still waiting on Svoemesto to come back, but I've never had any luck with getting stuff from them.

Just wondering if anyone here might have spares to sell me one or two.
    I'm in Australia.

Thanks all.
    I don't but you might want to consider buying a cheap Prime clone and rob the center pin out of it for your kayfun. Can't say it will fit though. Likely but not certain.

Leech

Jan 12, 2012
    Man Cave
    I don't but you might want to consider buying a cheap Prime clone and rob the center pin out of it for your kayfun. Can't say it will fit though. Likely but not certain.
    I've thought about that, just doesn't sit well with me. Will just have to see what Svoemesto themselves say.

Thanks Bronze.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bronze

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I've thought about that, just doesn't sit well with me. Will just have to see what Svoemesto themselves say.

Thanks Bronze.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
    Doesn’t sit well with me either but neither does Svoemesto’s poor customer service and inability to supply their customers with product.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I'm honestly surprised at Svoe's customer service. I remember the ease with which I could get parts for the original KFL+, and how easy it was to get in touch with them regarding certain queries.

I wonder what's caused the change.
    Great products, poor CS. Has been this way for awhile with them. They introduce new products and always run out of them. Been doing that forever. Their approved suppliers can’t get stock to sell. I have no idea what their thinking is. Their enthusiasm seems to end after the design phase.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread