Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Well, to be fair, they're not the only company out there who behaves like this.
Having said that, just because they can dun mean they should.
Yes, you are correct. However, I put svoemesto in a different league. We pay a premium for their stuff. I guess I expect more.

Don’t misunderstand me. svoemesto not only makes great atomizers (the best IMO), they are also great innovators (the best IMO). They are truly game changers who vastly improved how we vape across the industry. I own a ton of kayfuns. But truth is truth. They are poor at supplying their product. They always have been.

Leech

Jan 12, 2012
Man Cave
Oh well, watcha gona do 'bout it?

Keith from CDV's the hero here. He's been in touch about getting new parts. Radio silence from the mothership.

Back to ol' faithful in the meantime.

Attachments

• IMG_20210326_100245.jpg
    IMG_20210326_100245.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 55

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Got longmode on all 4 of my silver primes, don't think it affects the vape and the less I have to fill the better.

Still have at least 1 prime in rotation at all times, and the wife is using one, which scares me, as she is not gentle on vape stuff, she's dropped it a few times, but only broke her drip tip, I have spare glass, but still concerns me she does worse than that, she probably wouldn't use it, if she knew it cost over $150, but I can't tell her I spent that much on one tank, or I may be broken :blink:

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Got longmode on all 4 of my silver primes, don't think it affects the vape and the less I have to fill the better.

Still have at least 1 prime in rotation at all times, and the wife is using one, which scares me, as she is not gentle on vape stuff, she's dropped it a few times, but only broke her drip tip, I have spare glass, but still concerns me she does worse than that, she probably wouldn't use it, if she knew it cost over $150, but I can't tell her I spent that much on one tank, or I may be broken :blink:
    The Prime is an awesome vape. Loved that atty. Capacity is too small and why I use the 23mm K19 in longmode. But the Prime was my mainstay for a couple years. Great atty.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    The Prime is an awesome vape. Loved that atty. Capacity is too small and why I use the 23mm K19 in longmode. But the Prime was my mainstay for a couple years. Great atty.

Yea I tried the K19, just didn't find it the same vape for me, I still got it, so maybe one day it will come in handy, like when my wife breaks all my primes :cry:

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    This thread is a bit long and a little searching didn't really turn up anything. So I have to ask, what are the notable differences in the vape between the 5 and the Prime?

It's smaller, but main difference, the 5 is for more styles of vaping, like RDL, DL, where the prime is really just for MTL vaping.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    I have two Primes in long mode that I use every day. I have the air flow fully open. I find the vape similar to the KFV5 ... but then I user air restrictors in yer K5 ... the stock air flow was too 'open' for me. The K5 was my 'goto' favorite until the Prime + extension came along. A comparable vape with a tank slightly smaller overall.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    After using the Prime for a few months, i mean weeks actually, I found the one basic flaw in an otherwise perfect MTL atomizer.

That flaw is the mouth piece.

It's far too short.

I use the tip from my K4 on it now.
    I use my V5 tips for anything I vape on.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Hi all, hope everyone's keeping well.

A bit of a silly question, but when changing the insulators, how tight do you go?
    And also on the Prime, how to u keep the positive block from moving when tightening down the centre post. Or is this a sign I am over-tightening?

Thanks!
    Geez, I can’t remember. Use a pair of needle nose to keep the pos block from rotating. Cinch down the post pretty good but don’t throw your entire weight into it. Those center posts are thin.

• Agree
    Reactions: Tor R

Leech

Jan 12, 2012
    Man Cave
    Geez, I can’t remember. Use a pair of needle nose to keep the pos block from rotating. Cinch down the post pretty good but don’t throw your entire weight into it. Those center posts are thin.
    Yeah, I know, I snapped one. Waited damn near a month for a replacement. Keith from CDV was the champ in getting my Prime back to working order. Zero, zero communication from the mothership.

Chazvapes

Jun 12, 2021
    I love my Kayfun Prime. My coil preference for both kayfun lite 2020 and Prime is a simple 28gw kanthol round coil with a 2mm ID, 1.25 ohm, at 10 watts. The coil sits roughly 1.5 mm above the air hole.
    I like to thin out the cotton slightly so it can absorb eliquid better. I also don't like stuffing the cotton down the juice wells so I use the open slots on the side to slide in the cotton in and make sure it's just touching the bottom on the juice wells.
    Through testing I found the 2mm ID coil allows the air flow to hit the coil perfectly and move around the coil evenly. Because of this I was able to enjoy the subtle notes from my tobacco juices that I wasn't getting before from a 2.5 mm ID coil.
    Even in long mode the flavor is outstanding.

Over all the Kayfun Prime is a solid tank. 10 out of 10. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread