Beware of Dinosaurs (T-Rex)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhondad75

Jun 5, 2010
Hawaii
I really like the Vapor and fresh battery aspect of the T-Rex but am starting to worry that it's about to become extinct due to the Charging and Fragility issues. It looks as though the Maxx is the T-Rex in wolf's clothing...My guy at Rebel is gonna get a Riva for me to try...It seems like everyone likes it and has the good aspects of the Dino w/o having to worry about glue and charging issues. Are there any Riva users that are having any issues or is it as good as sounds?

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas

Oh ok, thanks Houdini. I just got two Riva batteries today and I'm using one now, I'm really liking it a whole lot :) Gotta get me a platinum cone so it matches. I have the silver cone from my silver eGo and my black cone with my black battery but the color is off with the silver and platinum. I'm really liking the button a lot and I'm glad I got them, plus they are cheaper. I got mine from vaporjunction and am very happy with my purchase from them. They through in a 3ml sampler of Halo Bella Vanilla and a 510 LR atty which was super cool of them and this was my first purchase from them too!

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Dang Scott you bought the Rex/Max too...you really are a PV fanatic huh, lol...I'm just messin with ya :)

Well Bella.. it's my own dayum fault. I had been led to believe that the Maxx/T-Rex configuration might actually be a "true" 3.7VDC device... and based on that I was willing to give it a kick.

That early information proved to be untrue, and the Maxx unit uses the same PWM style power delivery as the eGo/Tornado and Riva.. giving an effective delivery voltage of about 3.1v.

<sigh>

rhondad75

Jun 5, 2010
Hawaii
I use a T-Rex now and once My Guy made some small glue modifications it's been vaping and charging like champ. However I previously used a reg 510 so having that large of a battery is the "bomb" for me. Don't give up on your rex, just be gentle with it. If it does break, check with your sales guy/supplier and see if they have a fix. I have friends and family that use Dino as well...same story...the battery case will fall off, but again our guy at Rebel uses a rubbery glue to repair them and now we seem to have no problems.

I am however wanting to try the Riva (You shouldn't have to glue your units 2 days after gentle use), it sounds Very similar to the Rex without all the breaking/Charging complaints.

Have you tried either the MAxx, Riva, Tornado, or Ego? Thoughts?

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
I use a T-Rex now and once My Guy made some small glue modifications it's been vaping and charging like champ. However I previously used a reg 510 so having that large of a battery is the "bomb" for me. Don't give up on your rex, just be gentle with it. If it does break, check with your sales guy/supplier and see if they have a fix. I have friends and family that use Dino as well...same story...the battery case will fall off, but again our guy at Rebel uses a rubbery glue to repair them and now we seem to have no problems.

I am however wanting to try the Riva (You shouldn't have to glue your units 2 days after gentle use), it sounds Very similar to the Rex without all the breaking/Charging complaints.

Have you tried either the MAxx, Riva, Tornado, or Ego? Thoughts?

You may want to read my mini review for the Hello 016. It's the same type PV with a longer lasting battery and one piece cone/atty.

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
If you want something like an Ego, get the Ego, some of these knockoffs really are garbage! They capitalize on a popular model and make a knock off and sell it cheaper, what a joke.

I picked up a Hello016 from madvapes which is like an Ego on steroids and so far have been really enjoying it. The unit comes with the atomizer built into the top cone portion of the unit but it can take regular 510's also. The only problem is, I'm not sure if it was the particular brand of atty that I used or what but when I screwed my 510 in it was a super hard draw. The vent holes go into the unit and there is not enough air flow. When I gave it a 1/4 turn back, then it would draw much better.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I use the MaXX which is an ego knockoff. I am proud of myself for getting something better (imo) and cheaper. It has stainless steel buttons which gets rid of sticky button issues. The button does not glow but has an LED ring band instead.

Mine has not had battery separation or charger issues and works like a champ.

Being an oldie on the forums, i highly recommend this model. Still doing my best to abuse this thing before i do a review.

rasci2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2009
Kissimmee, Fl
I received the MaxX on Monday 6/7 as a gift for my wife who has been using standard 510's. From the moment it came it has been a horror. I ordered a stainless starter kit and an extra stainless battery and two extra cones. First thing was they sent me a black battery rather than the stainless I ordered. To their credit, once contacted, they rapidly sent out a stainless replacement. Then, one of the batteries would not charge. Again they did respond quickly and I am sending defective battery back and they are sending another replacement. Today, the threads for the cone on the battery and the threads on the cone came off the remaining stainless battery. The way this is going I'm sure more things will fall apart soon. I purchased this because of their claim of being a 4.2 volt device which as Scottbee previously noted was not correct. Bottom line is they are poorly constructed and to say the least I am unhappy.

I am not a newbie I've been vaping for ten months and never encounted such junk. I currently use both the EGO and Riva and have had not difficulties with either units.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I received the MaxX on Monday 6/7 as a gift for my wife who has been using standard 510's. From the moment it came it has been a horror. I ordered a stainless starter kit and an extra stainless battery and two extra cones. First thing was they sent me a black battery rather than the stainless I ordered. To their credit, once contacted, they rapidly sent out a stainless replacement. Then, one of the batteries would not charge. Again they did respond quickly and I am sending defective battery back and they are sending another replacement. Today, the threads for the cone on the battery and the threads on the cone came off the remaining stainless battery. The way this is going I'm sure more things will fall apart soon. I purchased this because of their claim of being a 4.2 volt device which as Scottbee previously noted was not correct. Bottom line is they are poorly constructed and to say the least I am unhappy.

I am not a newbie I've been vaping for ten months and never encounted such junk. I currently use both the EGO and Riva and have had not difficulties with either units.

That's one too many bad reports for me to try it. I was 'interested' in the 'peak volt hype' too.

What differences are you seeing between the Riva and eGo?

rasci2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2009
Kissimmee, Fl
That's one too many bad reports for me to try it. I was 'interested' in the 'peak volt hype' too.

What differences are you seeing between the Riva and eGo?

I haven't noticed and real discernable difference between them. I use LR atty's and get about five hours before they need charging. The Riva is cheaper and I do like the button a little more so that is the one I would recommend. I am also not a fan of Janty. I think they are pompous and over priced.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread